PDA

View Full Version : Signature Move

Team Kaos
04-26-2011, 07:48 PM
With Signature Move you can disarm an opponent, Blind your opponent and Sweep him and stun him.
Disarming is a fight changer
Sweeping , knocks them down leaving them prone
Stunning can be a biggie if early in the round or for multiple rounds...but
Blinding seems to have nearly no effect or at the most a very minimal effect to the opponent .
I'm gonna do a little crying here...being that it is a Theatrics 3rd level offensive skill....Blind really needs to be matched up in effectiveness with Disarm, Stun and Sweep.

If you blind the fighter he should be pretty much unable to see your attack coming at him as well as being pretty shaky on defense...and IMO it should reduce his attacks too since he would be a bit out of sorts by not being able to see with sand in his eyes.

That's my rant for tonight.

Dainoji
04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Didn't you see the episode in Spartacus: Gods of the Arena where Ganiccus fights the guy in the street with a blindfold on? He used his keen hearing to know where his opponent was and where attacks were coming from! Now stop crying and tend to your gladiators!

Oh, and I see a reduction in attacks when my gladiators get blinded.

CaineDeSoulis
05-06-2011, 06:32 AM
speaking of signature move my theatrics gladiator is only level 5 in it and all i have ever and i mean like 80+ fights ever seen her do is sweep usually once a fight sweeping. usually thats pretty cool and all but i'd like the rare disarm or the rarer still stun or even the most rare blind. I've never blinded anyone nor stunned with that move nor disarmed....i think its brokend :*(

oedi
05-06-2011, 12:54 PM
signature move is my personal favorite among the theatrics skills. combined with the right stratt and other skills its a fight winner. i think sweep, stun and disarm is equally good, blind is more marginal.

CaineDeSoulis
05-06-2011, 07:01 PM
im going to try and put mor points into and see if i can get another move to work

Deus
05-10-2011, 05:25 AM
ok its just a silly tavernbrawl but I didn't have a arenareport on this (and im shortening it down to the important parts). Before you have to know that a hard hit from Gaius in this fight was about 40-50ish in dmg as best. So;

GAIUS looks to sweep THE BANDIT with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Sweep-)

THE BANDIT cries aloud as his body is sent crashing to the ground by the attack!

GAIUS stumbles as he stabs his DRACONIC TRIDENT at THE BANDIT.
GAIUS barely misses.

>> GAIUS SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 5 (my sweep strategy - Gaius obviously did'nt realize he swoped the bandit to the ground in time :P)

R O U N D 5

THE BANDIT can't find an opening to stand!
(removed - bandit tries to hit from the ground but cant)

GAIUS anxiously contrives his next action.
GAIUS charges forward with his DRACONIC TRIDENT.
GAIUS's DRACONIC TRIDENT connects with THE BANDIT's shoulder blade inflicting freakish wounds! (+132 Damage)

And there is how do deal with a sweep - is'nt it lovely :D

Arkham
05-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Since we are on the topic of signature move, it is established that your theatrics warrior will only ever use one of the 4 modes, correct?

Which is a shame, because mine has blind :P

Deus
05-21-2011, 08:34 AM
My second glad Lepidus seem to blind people now and then so I’m going to start look into it one thing I did see now (as I went back and looked at his last fights) is that it only last for 1 turn and that’s a bit sucksy if you get in the blind at the end of the turn since it does nothing... that will say if you execute the sigmov at the last action in the turn the enemy seems to get blinded but at the start of next turn he’s free from it (and thus the sigmove does nothing).

The short duration also makes it harder to analyze since it’s hard to tell if an enemy hits more or less (or is hit more or less) from one single round.

Team Kaos
05-21-2011, 09:44 AM
The short duration also makes it harder to analyze since it’s hard to tell if an enemy hits more or less (or is hit more or less) from one single round.
Your moves last a bit longer especially blind once you get about 8 points into the skill. 2 rounds is common. Same with Shock and Awe and Hamstring

Deus
05-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Well then it will take a while to analyze it :P

Fio Bellum
06-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I have find blind and sweep to be rather ineffective for myself as even when prone the opponent is still hitting like a truck, disarm works well most times I just seem to always get blind off tho.:p

oedi
07-05-2011, 02:46 AM
I made an observation yesterday, my gladiator Farum who always has been useing SWEEP(made most of his skill choices around that fact) as his signature move suddenly on day 429 vs Bytor used BLIND. I only have records for the last 3 days.
day 428: sweep
day 429: blind
day 430: no use of signature move

Dehodem
07-05-2011, 09:09 AM
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

whit SM u only get 1 move if u get blind u stuck whit all the time???????????????????

If that tru that bs cause u have to get good slave THEN prey so u get any USEFULL SM to do anything realy worthy of any investment in the long run.

NO WAY!

WOW so i am stuck whit blind so an other useless skill since GV isin't whorth a think on theatric whit mace and axe.

wonderfull!

description of skills need A BIG TOUCH UP so the effect is know properly. So much lose time on few of my glads.

I will just have to sell my 2 best glad (specialy my evenly one on stats) because of that crap.

Dehodem
07-05-2011, 10:15 AM
This skill need to be clarify at start and remodel totaly.

i added a proposition on this and other skills as well, feel free to jump in guys.

Dainoji
07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
whit SM u only get 1 move if u get blind u stuck whit all the time???????????????????

Are we on this again? When my Rage gladiator gets blinded I notice around a 50% decrease in the number of attacks he makes so I hardly call that a waste, I've lost many a fight due to that. If you are bitching about it and only have 1 or 2 trains than I suggest training more in the "patience" skill. :)

BTW - Since I know you mentioned English is not your first language, here is the tip of the day: when you use the word "whit" it is spelled with an "h" like "with".

Dehodem
07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Don't worry i base my analysist on othr people combat too, not only mine.

And i explain it longer in the sugestion tread.

I think we should be able to chose the effect of signature move and be able to know exactly what it is doing. That way we could base our build on the SM effet and create a strategy that maximise every style.

to know more go in suggestion on sm tread

oedi
07-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Farum was back to useing SWEEP again on day 431. On a side note of the 5 signature moves I saw go off this round was 1 sweep, 1 stun, and 3 blinds and no disarms.

Team Kaos
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
At first I was a bit bummed about the single use SM that your gladiator gets stuck with, then I got bummed on the blind SM. But after some time, its actually not so bad. Stun is always a nice thing but rrely does it last more then 1 round and can be resisted. Disarm is good also, but doesn't stop the opponent from picking his weapon up 2 seconds later. Sweep, puts your opponent on the ground but he can still do some massive damage from the ground, Blind however..seems to get me 2 rounds often and reduces defense and offense a good amount. Though it would be nice to see exactly what the benefit is like is seen with Shock and Awe.

Dehodem
07-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Well i sure hope it is good cause i am stuck whit it,

I'll see but if i can get good offense and def reduction for 2 round ill be ...well let say ok.

I sure like debuff, but to be able to chose will be nice.

That our signature move so we could choose it and base our strategy on this...

Team Kaos
07-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Now that you know what your Signature Move is, you can adjust your build to get the most out of it.
Sweep + death from above
Blind + Feint or Gratuitous Violence
Disarm + Strength of Crowd
Stun + Gratuitous Violence

Dehodem
07-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Blind + Feint or Gratuitous Violence

Like i said in an other tread i am using mace on my theatric and du to the way GV is working (i did the match in the other tread) Gv isn't working (it is but it don't add up to % like other weapon du to base %, the math are.... poorly done on this skill).

So for me won't be realy good...

oedi
07-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Farum keeps on alternateing between SWEEP and BLIND, anyone else seen this. I just realised Farum is my only gladiator with lvl of 8 or more in this skill, and that mightve open up for a second signature move. The blind move kinda sucks since ive been working on getting my opponents down to beat the crap(extra damage) out of them while theyre down. Im actually considering deleveling to 7 to see if I get back my Sweep move.

Dehodem
07-08-2011, 06:17 AM
well personnaly i am only at lvl 5 and on all my glads, i've only seen a single kind SM on each of them so far. So i can't say.

oedi
07-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Farum just did his 3rd diffrent signature move, stun, so my guess is that when you hit skill level 8 you randomly use all 4 moves.

Dehodem
07-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Ty oedi,

Very interesting indeed. I'll up Sm th high lvl whit on of my glad and look at this.

Still i'll have to say that blind seem to affect hit/round and ability to defend. So it seem to work like some sort of debuf. Already at lvl 4 it give me very often 2 round what is pretty nice.

Whit an 'opponent is blind' trigger it could be even nicer...

Deus
08-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Blind is great especaly higher upp with knockout I just ran a fight where the oponent was almost blinded/stunned every round - he barly made a scratch on me :D

Dehodem
08-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Yea blinded is not that bad whit a decent strategy!

TwoDie
08-16-2011, 10:32 AM
I see how you could think blind is bad. BUT are you not fighting high chi rage glads ? That with chi easily ignore the fact that they are blind bcoz of there chi stat? Try fighting a low chi glad and blind them. Prolly game changer. Circumstances call for blind instead of stun or sweep. Yet it is hard to make changes in a game yet keep it balanced. For what if rage had a little nudge of attack power and became overpowered compared? The game has to be a constant rock paper scissors or one type of skill/glad will be a cannon and become overused until fixed? You can't have it all. I think everything is nice with sig. move. I would however like to see copper and silver implemented and a higher value for gold. I find that more and more as I advance trophies become 100's of times more valued then gold. Thoughts plox?