PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from House Draken

Keir
01-14-2016, 04:11 PM
Hi all,

Spent a bit of time playing Pit of War these holidays and seeing as I have a question for the forum I thought I should say hello. Enjoying the game so far - got a couple of gladiators in the veterans ranks.

Question on raising stats.
I've read a few guides but none mention training stats. When is a good time to put skill points into training stats? ie What is the relative reward for putting skill points into stats compared to skills?

Cheers, Keir

Dainoji
01-14-2016, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the Pits Keir! There isn't a rule but I think most managers wait until they max out their skill trains and then focus on stat trains. Better stats make your glad better all around. Gear can more easily bump up stats which is probably why most hold off until their skills are maxed to train them.

weaw
01-14-2016, 06:59 PM
Hi Keir.

One of the most beautiful side of the game is that no one knows the exact formulas. So, we have only some experience, guesses and logic.

What is the relative reward for putting skill points into stats compared to skills? By my experience: To see some difference in the skill You need to raise related stat at least by 10. And it's true for a skill at rank 8 or more.
A much more easiest way is the way to train this skill directly.

Also, it's obvious: More profitable to train stat related to the large number of skills. I.e. You need to wait until You'll get more skills.

So, Dainoji's advice is very useful. Wait until ~ 50 lvl. You'll get good gear with good stat boost ... and without any training.

And do not worry too much about this part. Just stop training something if You feel stuck. And train something else.
I know, there is an advice to raise weapon skill to 10. It definitely makes sense. But also, having a good results in the arena You risk to be in a very hostile environment.
// But 8 at weapon is needed for minimal performance.

So, do not rush to be the best. You'll have time.

Keir
01-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the advice and welcome.

But also, having a good results in the arena You risk to be in a very hostile environment.
// But 8 at weapon is needed for minimal performance.

So, do not rush to be the best. You'll have time.
I pushed my weapon skills to 8 then trained another skill to 5 for the easy reward and now I'm back pushing to 10.

I've noticed how wins are of dubious value early. Tougher opponents and quickly moving up the ranks while players with horrendous results top the tables - the guy in 1st in veteran earlier had a score of 88-336-4. I had a gladiator who went unbeaten early but failed to top amateur while another did so with 4 losses. It is a bit wacky/random and part of me would like to see success get more reward.

weaw
01-14-2016, 09:54 PM
These first brackets is just horrible blend of gladiators.
There are: fast growing gladiators with "low" lvl, slow growing gladiators with "high" lvl, HOL gladiators, very weak gladiators, good gladiators with bad strategies, weak gladiators with good strategies, just lucky gladiators. And so on.
It's just the first sieve. And it's completely unpredictable for average gladiator.
But no matter.
Upper brackets will give You more clear table. But more powerful opponents too...

Every starting gladiator is able to reach retirement relatively fast. But it could be almost fatal for him, if he moved into new brackets unprepared.
Because we have metagame shift now. It's great. Really great. But, for example, the border between Maximus and Primus is just a hell right now for some builds.
That's what i try to warn You. And sometimes it's hard a little to stop gladiator moving. So, be wise! ;)

Keir
01-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the advice Weaw. I'll restrain myself from spending to much effort on equipping my gladiators.

Initially I was using greens but as I got more gold switched to using blues more to match up better with the gladiators in veteran who use a lot of blue and some purple. My win rates dropped on getting to veteran but with challenges opened up they are going back up so I may be progressing too fast. I wanted to spend something on the game since I've played it a bit now so I got the $10 special with its memberships meaning more fights, more training points and even faster progression.