PDA

View Full Version : New Update 10/16/2015: Blood God Challenges & Avoids and Slayer Price Drop!

Nate
10-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Greetings Pit Masters!

Today I'm happy to announce a price drop for the Slayer specialty from the new gladiatorial school Shadow & Myst! The Slayer specialty is the second of the three new specialties headed to an Arena near you!

Jimmy the Squid has also expanded his "services" to helping Pit Masters with Blood God gladiators! Are you looking to fight or avoid a specific gladiator? Jimmy the Squid is at your service! You give Uncle Jimmy some gold, Jimmy works his magic with a "helpful" Arena Official. Regardless if your bribe is successful or not, Jimmy's cut is 20%. The rest goes to the Arena Official if he accepts it. If multiple bribes are vying for the same action or a gladiator is trying to avoid a challenge, the highest bribe is accepted. Each week and the higher a gladiator is in the overall rankings the riskier it becomes to find a helping hand, and thus more expensive.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

weaw
10-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Jimmy the Squid is great at this time!
It's looks to possible to slip away from some fights now. Like Squid do.
Let's try it.

But i have a doubts...

Lunarion199
10-16-2015, 06:25 PM
This seems better than the wait n watch format in Blood Gods. Now at least we have something interactive and strategic.
Thanks Nate.

Adoede
10-16-2015, 07:29 PM
This should be interesting :)

Kreegan
10-17-2015, 01:49 AM
So... is this feature working already? The drop-down menu for the gold is empty, can't do anything with it.

weaw
10-17-2015, 02:09 AM
It's working for me in the Avoid version...
Just trying to challange.

Suggested reasons why didn't work:
-- Browser type; // Obvious.
-- Someone already used it against Your gladiator.

Nate
10-17-2015, 02:35 AM
So... is this feature working already? The drop-down menu for the gold is empty, can't do anything with it.

It sure is! If you aren't seeing any options, then you don't have enough gold on hand. Jimmy doesn't trust banks, so you'll have to have enough gold on hand to make a deal with him and to cover the costs of your bribes when the fights happen.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Lunarion199
10-17-2015, 03:18 AM
It worked for me in my last fight. It's cool.. :)

weaw
10-17-2015, 03:39 AM
It's perhaps not so cool. Because a high ranked BG may use it too. This feature may have an effect to rise a distance between a high ranked BG and a middle-ranked.
But usually, Jimmy The Squid is more smart than people think about him. ;)
In any case, it's a good way to collect the gold for Jimmy's interests. At least.

Ogornomus
10-17-2015, 07:07 AM
I just got two of my gladiators into Blood Gods a few days ago. They are doing well enough so far. But a bit of agancy over who my gladiator faces is wellcome. I like to oil the gears of bureaucracy ;)

Nate
10-17-2015, 11:04 AM
To clarify if there is any confusion. The bribe amount is not deducted until the fights happen, this gives you the chance to change up your challenges and avoids and bribe amounts anytime you like up until when the fights happen. If your stable doesn't have enough gold on hand (i.e. not in the bank) when fights happen your bribes will not be valid. If you made multiple bribes but don't have enough to cover them all, some will be valid, and some will not. It'll depend on the order that Jimmy negotiates with the arena officials. You'll want to make sure you have more gold on hand than the exact amount to cover your bribes if you still have gladiators in the lower brackets as you could lose gold via the spoils of war which could then leave you without enough gold to cover your bribes come fight time.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
10-17-2015, 10:22 PM
I'm temporarily disabling the new challenge and avoid feature in the Blood Gods bracket while I track down a couple of issues.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
10-18-2015, 01:14 AM
Looks like we're back on track. For you programmers out there, the issue ended up being something unrelated to the update so much of my time was spent in the wrong area of code tracking down what happened. Good times! :) Having said that, I'm going to hold off on re-activating the new challenge and avoid feature for a day or two so I can do some more testing just to be sure. We skipped a fight in Seasons due to the crash, however, for those Pit Masters who issued challenges and avoids your bribes were processed. If you would like me to chase Jimmy down to give you back your bribes from the skipped turn please send me a PM with the names of your gladiators who issued challenges/avoids and I'll take care of it. Thanks again for your patience.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
10-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Jimmy is open for business again for those Pit Masters with gladiators in the Blood Gods bracket who would like to make challenges and avoids.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-