PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Armor

Team Kaos
04-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Anyone noticing that blades and exotic weapons are becoming pretty useless vs the high end heavy armor?
Umm...how are you supposed to beat someone if the weapon just deflects off armor? I have a feeling all the blade and exotics will soon start dropping in rankings and all we will see is axes, 2 handed, and poles as weapons since they seem immune to heavy armor.

Dainoji
04-18-2011, 01:24 PM
What's the matter? Your Theatrics star just start losing to heavily armored war gladiators? Sucks to have competition at the top now doesn't it. ;)

Team Kaos
04-18-2011, 01:41 PM
If you want the truth, it comes down to that for a very long time my Theatric guys have been kicking everyone's ass. They have been near or at the top for a long time, and they fight the best fighters all the time. As do both my War fighters who are 1-2 now. So it goes without saying that as weapons and armor become stronger and more powerful, my fighters are the first to experience it, since they are the highest level and highest ranked.

And as you have noticed for quite some time now they are having ever increasingly difficulty breaking through heavy armor. So what happens to my guys will eventually happen to everyone else. Get what I'm saying now....

I don't really care that they have dropped a few spots, that's not the point...the point is if heavy armor continues getting stronger and blades/exotics become useless, no one will continue to use them and the game will move into a 2 or 3 weapon path.

Why do Rage's have such difficulty vs Byrd of Prey?? because they have leather for armor, why do War's crush Byrd of Prey? Because there armor deflects everything from a small weapon. Unfortunately at this point you cannot build multiple loadouts that changes weapons or armor based on your opponent.

Get my drift....

Don't worry about me, I still run 6 of the top 7 gladiators.

Dainoji
04-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Maybe. You live in a small localized area of the game fighting the same few managers over and over who likely use the same strategies, so it is hard to say if it is the weapon or their strategies or both. I have noticed heavy armor causing me to deal less damage, but I still often beat them with my blades and I use some of the smallest blades out there. I've had to change my strategies around to accommodate for this fact, but I haven't found it to be the case that I can't win. You might be right, you might not, time will tell.

And Kaos...I never worry about you, you have enough self-confidence to keep everyone in the arena feeling warm and fuzzy. ;)

Team Kaos
04-18-2011, 02:09 PM
And Kaos...I never worry about you, you have enough self-confidence to keep everyone in the arena feeling warm and fuzzy

I'm thinking that was more of a backhand then a compliment....

Anyways...Armor decreases hits visibly in the 60+ ranges, but once it gets up to 80+ it becomes extremely difficult to break through with anything less then a purple hammer/axe/mace in the axe category and even harder in the blades and exotics.

Dainoji
04-18-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm thinking that was more of a backhand then a compliment....

Think of it as a backhanded compliment, sincere in both respects! :)

I'll try and pay more attention to armor and see what I find.