PDA

View Full Version : No posts?

deimuttersei
07-14-2015, 02:33 AM
I am wondering. No one purchased the new class? I am curious and would like to know if anyone got experience with the Slayer type? :confused:

Prinny
07-14-2015, 04:07 AM
I have and I love him, I am fairly certain I ran into some of your glads at some point :p

Adoede
07-14-2015, 06:20 AM
I'm waiting for a decent recruit...

But here is a scouting report:

Slayer Style

Weapons: B, A&M, 2H, P, E

Weak Spot (Activated) – Int, Agi, Chi
Studying the weaknesses of armour gives your gladiator the knowledge of where to best attack for maximum damage.

Sweep (Activated) – Str, Agi, Chi
A fast and stealthy move that sends your gladiator's opponent into the dirt.

Mystic Markings (Passive) – Int, Pres, Chi
The strange and mysterious markings that cover many Slayer gladiators are rumored to enhance their ability to inflict critical wounds.

First Strike (Passive) – Int, Agi, Pres
Lighting speed and careful study increases the chances your gladiator will deliver the first hit in each round.

Weapons Master (Passive) – Str, Int, Agi
All available weapon skills are considered to be the same level as Weapons Master. Weapon skills will never be lower than their current skill level and never higher then the highest weapon skill your gladiator has achieved.

Armour Movement (Passive) – Str, Agi, Size
Knowing how to move and fight in Light or Medium Armour reduces the penalty to your gladiator's Initiative for wearing it and also teaches them how to actively use it defensively to deflect and absorb incoming attacks.

Blood Bath (Activated) – Str, Agi, Chi
When the Great Realm first encountered the Slayers from the Eastern Empire they were not prepared for the crippling wounds they were able to inflict. Unimaginable gashes that wouldn't stop squirting blood left the battlefield looking like a slaughterhouse floor.

Vital Strike (Activated) – Int, Agi, Chi
Countless hours of practice and precision rewards your gladiator with the ability to strike just the right spots and severely debilitate their opponent. Depending on where the strike lands will determine what attribute is adversely affected.

Intense Focus (Activated) – Str, Int, Sta
Extreme self discipline and concentration enables your gladiator to focus their inner strength and channel it into outward power transforming them into a force of destruction.

Eviscerate (Activated) – Int, Agi, Chi
Knowledge of anatomy and understanding exactly where to hit for maximum destruction rewards the crowd with carnage and screams that make even the toughest veterans cringe.

Disarm (Activated) – Str, Agi, Chi
Fighting without a weapon in the arena is almost certain death. Teach your gladiator how to disarm their opponent and enjoy the show.

Flurry of Steel (Activated) – Agi, Sta, Chi
As a master of the Slayer specialty, your gladiator has learned how to unleash a merciless burst of attacks in such rapid succession that by the time even the best gladiators think about using defensive skills it'll be too late.

Juggernaut (Passive) – Str, Sta, Size
As a master of the Slayer specialty, your gladiator has learned how to bend the rules of its specialty and spent countless hours practicing fighting in heavy armour. Slower than their brothers and sisters but able to withstand a lot more punishment.

Dainoji
07-14-2015, 11:06 AM
I've got one and they're awesome. Lots of options and very fun to manage.

Stormcloak
07-14-2015, 01:45 PM
I was wondering when we'd see some posts! :)
I gotta say that Prinny's Fenrich is a beast - he's stacking over 500 bleed. I wonder if he'll get to Primus with the less than 100 loss record!
Thanks for the scouting report Adoede - I haven't bought a trainer yet, so it's nice to see. This class looks good. Hopefully not all of them will be like Prinny's, lol.

Prinny
07-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Haha Fenrich's record bleed in 1 attack is 212 (god I love blood bath) with his current record hit being 1752 on an injury. Currently waiting to see if another glad pops up to take another slayer to fiddle with the other skills i haven't picked to see if I want to adjust some stuff :p

Kreegan
07-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Sounds very interesting but the early access price is prohibitive. Will try him as soon as the trainer drops below 5k trophies.

Prinny
07-15-2015, 01:15 AM
I wonder if he'll get to Primus with the less than 100 loss record!
I doubt it, for whatever reason he didn't get promoted so I doubt he will be able to stay under 100 now :(

vihorsthename
07-15-2015, 04:17 AM
where did you get all those oranges? he is real beast, yea.

Prinny
07-15-2015, 05:16 AM
where did you get all those oranges? he is real beast, yea.

You can get legendary equipment (orange) from running the Gauntlet, Conquests, Black Market pit fights (Rank #1 potential reward), Street Games, Winning the blood games and by purchasing them with BGP and/or trophies when your gladiator is in the blood gods bracket.

In Fenrich's case he obtained them from gauntlet runs

Lunarion199
07-15-2015, 07:28 AM
Prinny/Dain, what fighting styles are available to a Slayer?

Prinny
07-15-2015, 07:57 AM
Prinny/Dain, what fighting styles are available to a Slayer?

Bash, Lunge, Slash, Whirlwind and Strike (Uncertain of strike's exact purpose, I wasn't a fan of whatever it did anyway :p)

Ogornomus
07-17-2015, 01:43 AM
Can you hybridise them with the Shadow speciality?
Juggernout sounds cool. I wonder if lvl10 of it allows the same as armoured movement for wars or it grants you no further drawbacks then the standard free war heavy armour proficiency (so is lvl1 the same as wars basic armor use or is it like armoured movement).

Prinny
07-18-2015, 04:29 AM
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make a hybrid :)

Avengelyn
07-23-2015, 06:11 AM
Just had my first experience vs prinny's lvl 51 slayer in a fight against Dirt Bath.

A 256 blood bath puts 468 bleed on me at the start of round 2 and i barely win the fight.

Cant wait to see what that would have been if he was lvl 55 with 55 gear.

Sweet balance....

Avengelyn, Manager of Lethal Formula

Prinny
07-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Just had my first experience vs prinny's lvl 51 slayer in a fight against Dirt Bath.

A 256 blood bath puts 468 bleed on me at the start of round 2 and i barely win the fight.

Cant wait to see what that would have been if he was lvl 55 with 55 gear.

Sweet balance....

Avengelyn, Manager of Lethal Formula

Yup that's a new record for him, im actually experimenting with ways to increase that bleed :p
I've had blood bath get returned into my face with suprise ending though and I gotta say it hurts to be on the receiving end, though the bleeds were 200ish at the time :)

Kreegan
07-24-2015, 01:25 AM
Yeah, Blood Bath is ridiculous. 400 bleeding with a single hit... Most Theatrics fighters can't score that much even after 20 rounds of cutting the opponent.

Prinny
07-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Just as ridiculous as rampage casually hitting for 1500 damage, never say die granting you over 1k health, spectral touch sapping your endurance by shitloads and hamstring cutting your amount of attacks down by 50% to even none at all during affected rounds. All glads have ridiculous skills, especially when you distribute your attributes to match them :)

Kreegan
07-28-2015, 03:49 AM
We'll have to wait and see. Blood Bath seems to trigger every 3 rounds which means gallons of bleeding in no time, I won't be surprised if this thing needs to be balanced in the near future.

Never Say Die shouldn't even be in that list by the way, I have gladiators which haven't seen it trigger for several fights...

Prinny
07-28-2015, 09:52 AM
While not at the level of the other skills mentioned I see Never say die trigger more often in battles than not, both on my own gladiators as on my opponents. Having said that it was merely an example :p

Blood bath can trigger again after 3-4 rounds since it's first use. I have also seen it often not triggering for the first 4-5 rounds at all as that is the nature of the huge amount of activated attacks slayers have.

Lunarion199
07-28-2015, 08:41 PM
imo the difference between blood bath and the other skills is that the effect of blood bath lasts forever... and that it stacks! If the effect was like "bleeding: 3 rounds" would it be so fearsome?

Nate must be gathering the statistics of Slayer battles over a reasonable sample population. If at all it needs to be balanced hopefully he'll do so in next patch.

But right now I'm eager to get that one perfect Slayer in my squad :)

Kreegan
07-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Blood Bath also doesn't seem to care how much damage is dealt or whether the opponent is tanking and completely ignores the bleeding protection rank of the armour. :rolleyes:

http://s27.postimg.org/aythkze83/Bleeding.png

Prinny
07-29-2015, 03:54 AM
Actually Kreegan, the bleeds vary alot, they seem to be higher vs more defensive gladiators than they are against offensive ones. There is most certainly a distinction in it's effectiveness rather than a linear "bleed for x amount" trigger. Wether this is due to activity, blood lust, offensive/defensive strategies or even armour type I simply can't tell asof now.

also mind you, that battle was still won by 1122 :)

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ag0lna.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/sbsqrp.png

Those 2 pics were from recent battles aswell and there hasn't been a change in strats etc. in Fenrich between those fights and the screenshot you are showing.

By no means am I saying the skill isn't op, it's by far one of the strongest skills in the pits but there are quite a few more op skills out there and each gladiator has them, why don't you show what the awesome combination of block rank + create distance did during most of that fight? :)

Kreegan
07-29-2015, 04:15 AM
Blood Bath seems to have damage range (say 250-500 base bleeding for level 10 or something like that), 3 damage resulting in freakin' 462 points of bleeding is just... 1122 is easily one of the most defensive gladiators in Blood Gods, the other two are Rages who spit at the notion of defense. To me it looks like the skill just ignores whatever protection the gladiator might have.

And seriously, your guy is lvl 51 fighting vs. a lvl 55 gladiator with superior gear, the skill triggers when Fenrich has lost 2/3 of his endurance without doing anything worth noting before that and still manages to drain 1122 quite noticeably for the remaining few rounds. I'm all for anti-tank skills and builds but this one is obviously over the top.

Prinny
07-29-2015, 04:24 AM
Blood Bath seems to have damage range (say 250-500 base bleeding for level 10 or something like that)

Actually the skill at rank 10 started out as a 100-160 bleed one, I have simply been skilling for it increasing the damage of blood bath on purpose. The high bleeds from it are the result of that and im still trying to figure that skill out properly :p

Lunarion199
07-29-2015, 06:12 PM
If you let us scout Fenrich we can help figure that out for you ;)

Prinny
07-30-2015, 02:09 AM
If you let us scout Fenrich we can help figure that out for you ;)

Nice try :)

Prinny
07-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Couldn't pass up on this one to try out the other skills, most expensive slave i've seen so far~! :D

http://i59.tinypic.com/2afkbys.png

Flash
07-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Damn this slave will become a real beast

Lunarion199
07-30-2015, 10:42 PM
Wow such a slave should ideally come for sale in sorta common slave market so that even the other players may get a chance to grab him... Feeling jelly!

Hey Nate, can you implement auction house in this game? :confused: :confused:
No, really...possible??

Ogornomus
08-15-2015, 08:23 AM
I too found an amazing slave not long ago. Too bad I don't have cash to buy enough trophies to get the slayer trainer. He is now a theatric.

But seriously. I find the price a bit too steep for slayers. Wasn't the shadow trainer cheaper at early access? And I don't see a lot of slayers around.
I saw more people running shadows during their testing.