PDA

View Full Version : Doubts about my Theatrics glad

PedroJorge
07-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Hey guys,

So as my second glad i choose a Theatrics, the slave I bought had good stats: 74 57 89 61 64 78 63. Although a bit stupid and short. So i mad him a snivler.
As of now I have the following skills: 7 Blades, 6 Called Shot, 6 Feint and 4 Gratuitous Violence. I wanted to make a speed theatrics with a bit of bleed for longer fights. My current record is 67-20-3 but it could be way better. I ussualy fight in the pit, but i always get about 50/50 in wins and looses. What strategy do you recommend? High activity and blood lust or more balanced? High activity and low bloodlust? What is the best strategry for an agressive dual wield speed theatrics that focus on taking the enemy down fast? Should I use only Slash or should I try Parry-Slash. I have tried many strategies but none seem to work good.

Thanks in advance.

See you in the Pit!

Stormcloak
07-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Hi Pedro,

The first thing I suggest is that you get your weapon skill up to 10 as soon as possible. Skill effectiveness is exponential - a level of 10 is a lot more powerful than level 9, and much more powerful than level 7.
As for your glad, another issue (asides from low intelligence) is that his stamina is low, so I would expect he might struggle with longer fights due to exhaustion. I'd be looking to find some equipment that gives some stamina bonuses.
As for fight strategy it's hard to say. Do you notice any common issues in the fights that you're losing (e.g. losing to faster glads, missing a lot of hits, losing due to exhaustion, etc)?
Keep in mind that sometimes you may just be up against a glad that is further ahead than you and you will move ahead some times and then stall out for a bit. With strategies if you check out the newbie forum, Adoede has an excellent primer which discusses the basics. As for what works for strategy, it depends on your glad, the skills, and the equipment as they all play into each other - you'll find you are making tweaks to it as your glad and the fighting environment change.

PedroJorge
07-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Thanks alot Stormcloak. All hail Ulfric Stormcloak! ;) I will up my weapon skill for sure and try to follow your other recomendations.

Stormcloak
07-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Also, forgot to mention, but you can try different strategies and then run the Gauntlet on easy or medium with no ally to gauge how your glad performs. It's useful for playing around with activity and bloodlust to get an idea of how many hits you'll land and how hard they will be, and how much energy you use up, and then for playing with different triggers or styles.