PDA

View Full Version : Next Shadow & Myst Specialty Teaser

Nate
04-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Giving this special guy his own thread! :)

http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/pitofwar_male_myst_gladiator_teaser.jpg

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
04-07-2015, 09:50 PM
So, the second class is called Special Guy?

Darkgold
04-08-2015, 05:14 AM
looks like a swords/exotics light armour? looks promising

Prinny
04-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Special Guy Myst....oooh i like the sound of that class :p

Team Kaos
04-08-2015, 07:26 AM
What size batteries are needed for the light up skulls or are they included with each slave purchase?

Ogornomus
04-09-2015, 02:05 AM
Oh, I'd realy like to see the Special Guy's specialty.

What size batteries are needed for the light up skulls or are they included with each slave purchase?

It is a common misconception that those skulls require battery to work. They run on the "power of awesome" of the wearer. The question is: are your gladiators awesome enough? :)

Nate
04-16-2015, 09:27 PM
So, what do the Masters of the Great Realm hope this specialty is and does? :)

Stormcloak
04-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Hmm... based on the picture, my guess is going to be that it has something to do with curses/hexes that enfeeble your opponent or punish him for taking certain actions... combined with light armour and decent offense.

Team Kaos
04-18-2015, 05:43 AM
A shadow is always near but can never be caught, it can take immeasurable damage but yet not be affected, a shadow is a perfect mimic of the one who casts it.
On the of Myst(ical) end I imagine the ability to call upon or conjure up powers beyond the world of mortals. Incredible strength, forthsight, regeneration.
Curses or hexes as as Stormclock mentioned that can slow or stop opponents.
Ability to absorb energy and weaken or return it twofold.
Teleportation - but maybe that is getting a little beyond gladiatorial context.

Pit Lord
04-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Rage - they fight and kill because they are ... enraged.
War - they fight and kill because it is their profession. They do not need to be enraged to do it. Strictly business.
Theatrics - it is no longer profession. Its for fun, excitement and amusement.
Shadow - Its unknown why they do it. What is known for sure they use some dark powers with unknown origins and they always mask themselves.
Unknown speciality (Myst?) - unlike shadow, these are not masked. They tap into the dark power and this has not only affected their fighting techniques but their very flesh (gifts from the dark gods?) and it seems they are proud to show up.

Nate
04-20-2015, 12:55 PM
All very good guesses. Anyone else? Pit Lord, if you take a closer look you'll notice this specialty also covers their face with a mask, does that change your guess now?

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Bladesworn
04-20-2015, 04:01 PM
A warrior bred for battle, who thrives in darkness. He has breached the veil that guards the living from the eternal dark, and he remains connected to those realms beyond ours. His specialty is Death.

Adoede
04-20-2015, 06:24 PM
I agree with Stormcloak that it is a build that uses hexes and boosts in its skillset. He's just standing out there with no armor, so I guess he's going to rely on deception to not get hit...that or he's going to distract people with his amazing body-building poses.

Kreegan
04-20-2015, 10:18 PM
I'd venture to guess that he professionally fights on the arena against other gladiators and in his spare time he strikes poses for the fans. :rolleyes:

Ahhnold
04-20-2015, 11:42 PM
that or he's going to distract people with his amazing body-building poses.

Dis pleases me.

Apoca1ypse
04-20-2015, 11:47 PM
A warrior bred for battle, who thrives in darkness. He has breached the veil that guards the living from the eternal dark, and he remains connected to those realms beyond ours. His specialty is Death.

Badass description.

I'm going to guess that the mask is like a death mask, so that fits perfectly :)

Ogornomus
04-21-2015, 04:56 AM
I looked at the mask again, and I see a pattern around the mouth. It looks like a leech mouth. So I guess this speciality will be about blood drain (life drain?). Maybe even stat drain.

Dainoji
04-21-2015, 11:09 AM
He looks very offensive oriented, possibly the Shadow & Myst equivalent of the rage glad. I like the idea of him channeling some kind of dark energies to aid him in combat. If the shadow glad is like a ninja, this glad is a dark samurai or sorts.

Nate
05-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Coming soon...

"When the Great Realm's first wave of troops invaded the Eastern Empire they were completely slaughtered...The few soldiers who made it back from the battlefield gave reports of masked warriors who fought with unbelievable discipline and skill. These enigmatic dealers of death decorated their bodies with strange markings and wielded a wide array of never before seen armour and weapons. As the body counts soared and the earth became drenched with blood, these horrors from the East would soon be given the name "Slayers" by the soldiers of the Great Realm. That is when the Pit Masters took note. A new kind of beast to unleash on the pits and excite the crowds meant the Arena would never be the same!"

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
05-27-2015, 10:17 PM
That sounds like War's conceptual brother from the Shadow & Myst school. Should be interesting.

Adoede
05-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Slayers eh - sounds fun.

Any idea on just how soon?

Nate
05-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Any idea on just how soon?

Yes. ;)

Good Luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
05-28-2015, 04:24 PM
As is our usual fashion around here when getting near time for a new specialty, I'm going to start releasing more info on the Slayer specialty over the coming days. To start things off, here is the name and brief summary of one of this specialty's skills:

Vital Strike - Precision attack that reduces one of the opponent's attributes based on where the hit lands.

More coming soon!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Lunarion199
05-28-2015, 11:18 PM
Vital Strike - Precision attack that reduces one of the opponent's attributes based on where the hit lands.

Obfuscate the skill names, please! :p

Ogornomus
05-29-2015, 03:12 AM

Ha! I was right! They do have a stat drain/damage skill.

Nate
05-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Obfuscate the skill names, please! :p

I knew you guys loved doing that! :)

mkirigasntmcsy

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
05-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Oh dear! Has "mkirigasntmcsy" stumped The Great Realm?! :)

Lunarion199
05-30-2015, 05:24 PM
It did to me at least!! The best I could make out was "smacking mistry". Then I ROFL'ed and slept.

Lunarion199
05-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Could it be... perhaps................. well.. um...... maybe.................. "mystic markings"? :eek:

Ogornomus
05-31-2015, 12:00 AM
Oh, you beat me to it. I came to the same conclusion and it makes sense since it is partialy in the description. I'll be faster next time ;)

I wonder if they get a specific new armor and weapon type too as the little introduction text suggests.

Lunarion199
05-31-2015, 01:24 AM
Well I had given up already but Nate's post#27 provoked me to rethink lol!

But is this really correct?

Nate
05-31-2015, 06:30 PM
Well I had given up already but Nate's post#27 provoked me to rethink lol!

But is this really correct?

Indeed it is! "Mystic Markings", well done! Free ale for you and your gladiators all week at the tavern!

And for our next skill...

etiirsrstfk

Abaddon
05-31-2015, 07:18 PM
first strike

Nate
06-01-2015, 08:06 PM
first strike

Well done! I've got another easy one for you!

toaewksp

Abaddon
06-01-2015, 09:49 PM
it is
weak spot

Ogornomus
06-01-2015, 09:50 PM
"Weak Spot" is my guess.

Edit: Ahh, I got ninja'd.

Nate
06-02-2015, 04:44 PM
it is
weak spot

Right you are! Congratulations! You've unlocked the first sneak peek skill tree pic!

http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/pitofwar_slayer_teaser1.jpg

Nate
06-02-2015, 04:47 PM
And for our next skill...

reveaietsc

Ogornomus
06-03-2015, 01:01 AM
Eviscerate is the name of the skill I believe.

The weapon diversity is realy like war's, but more offensive (no shield). I hoped for a new weapon class but this is fine too.
I like polearms, maybe slayers will work better with them.

Nate
06-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Eviscerate is the name of the skill I believe.

The weapon diversity is realy like war's, but more offensive (no shield). I hoped for a new weapon class but this is fine too.
I like polearms, maybe slayers will work better with them.

Eviscerate is correct! Free drinks for you and your stable all week as well! Clearly I'm making these too easy for everyone!

Regarding another weapon class, where you maybe hoping for something along the lines of "Sniper Rifle", "SMG", "Hand Gun", "Explosives"? ;) Given the Great Realm's level of technology I'm afraid these won't be available for a few thousand years! Keep a look out for PoW's spinoff game where we advance the Great Realm's timeline and robots and cyborgs are fighting in the great arena on a self sustaining rogue planet hurling through the galaxy!

And now for our next (and beefed up difficulty) mystery skill!

sntuefecoins

Good luck!

-Nate-

Dainoji
06-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Slayers will wield the awesome power of...

feet sun coins!

Ogornomus
06-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Regarding another weapon class, where you maybe hoping for something along the lines of "Sniper Rifle", "SMG", "Hand Gun", "Explosives"? ;) Given the Great Realm's level of technology I'm afraid these won't be available for a few thousand years! Keep a look out for PoW's spinoff game where we advance the Great Realm's timeline and robots and cyborgs are fighting in the great arena on a self sustaining rogue planet hurling through the galaxy!

I was thinking martial or mystical weapon class.
Pit of War in the cyberpunk future sounds awesome too.

I don't have much time to unscramble the name of the skill, so I'll leave this one to the others.

Lunarion199
06-05-2015, 01:25 AM
What about Ninja Dust, Shuriken, Katana (blade-variant), Urumi (a coiled sword) ... Possible?

Nate
06-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Thanks for suggestions! Many of the weapons listed above are really specific types of weapons that would be grouped under "Exotic". A katana is a sword (blade class) but due to its origin would become "Exotic" A coiled sword if I'm not mistaken is also a flexible blade originating from India in real life and again would be "Exotic" to the Great Realm since the Great Realm's real life counterpart is European-ish when it comes to the weapons and armour in common use. An entirely new weapon class could be "thrown weapons", however, I'm not too sure how many gladiators would be eager to throw away their means of offense and defense! :) With some careful thought though, I'm sure we could make it work.

I'm afraid "feet sun coins" is being reserved for the next school! Good guess though!

Who else has an idea on the mystery skill: sntuefecoins? ;)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Ghkg
06-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Unison efects is the only one I could make up. Does that sound right?

Lunarion199
06-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Thanks for suggestions!

These suggestions are just so that the game could boast more variety and attract a larger game community which could ultimately be good for the game. Not my personal demands :-) Who knows which idea may just click to you!

Thanks for hearing us out.

Lunarion199
06-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Unison efects is the only one I could make up. Does that sound right?

One "f" is missing to make it "effects". I firmly believe it's rather "Ice Nest of Sun". See all letters utilized no more no less! Right, Nate?

:p

mallafax
06-05-2015, 09:06 PM
intense focus

Kreegan
06-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Thanks for suggestions! Many of the weapons listed above are really specific types of weapons that would be grouped under "Exotic". A katana is a sword (blade class) but due to its origin would become "Exotic" A coiled sword if I'm not mistaken is also a flexible blade originating from India in real life and again would be "Exotic" to the Great Realm since the Great Realm's real life counterpart is European-ish when it comes to the weapons and armour in common use.Wouldn't that expand the Exotics arsenal a bit too much though? What of Rage and War who have no access to such weapons, they'll be somewhat neglected this way. Or maybe there'll also be new Pole Arms and Two-handed weapons?

Ghkg
06-06-2015, 04:10 AM
One "f" is missing to make it "effects". I firmly believe it's rather "Ice Nest of Sun". See all letters utilized no more no less! Right, Nate?

:p

Yeh so it seems. Thanks for correction. As you may notice english isn't my mother language:)

Nate
06-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Wouldn't that expand the Exotics arsenal a bit too much though? What of Rage and War who have no access to such weapons, they'll be somewhat neglected this way. Or maybe there'll also be new Pole Arms and Two-handed weapons?

I misspoke a little there. A Katana should it ever be introduced would be classified as a blade weapon. The Urumi due to its "strangeness" would be exotic. If a two-handed weapon or pole arm from a strange land makes its way to the Great Realm they would be classified as such unless they are quite strange or odd in how they are used.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
06-06-2015, 10:16 PM
intense focus

Get this man a bag of goodies and a pitcher of beer! You are correct sir! :)

Check back tomorrow for the next mystery skill!

Nate
06-09-2015, 11:30 AM
That last one caused a bit of a stumbling block for some, so here is an easy one!

epwes

Solve this one and get another sneak peek pic! :)

Lunarion199
06-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Now you are talking.... :)

Sweep :confused:

Nate
06-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Now you are talking.... :)

Sweep :confused:

You are correct, and for that you've unlocked the next sneak peek!

http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/pitofwar_slayer_teaser3.jpg

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
06-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Who has what it takes to decode our next skill? :)

lobdhatob

Good luck!

-Nate-

mallafax
06-10-2015, 02:06 PM
blood bath

Lunarion199
06-10-2015, 07:35 PM
blood bath

I guess we've got a genius here! Guess "Slayer Build Guide by mallafax" coming soon!

Hey Nate can you give the skill descriptions for the sneak peek screenshots? So that planning the build could start right away :)

Nate
06-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Hey Nate can you give the skill descriptions for the sneak peek screenshots? So that planning the build could start right away :)

You have all the info you need to match skill names to the two skill icons shown right now! What do you think the first two skills in the tree are?

Nate
06-12-2015, 10:18 AM
blood bath

Correct! I'm going to have to go a little harder on you next time! This is too easy for you! For all your hard work, here's another sneak peek!

http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/pitofwar_slayer_teaser2.jpg

Check back soon for the next puzzle!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Lunarion199
06-12-2015, 06:19 PM
You have all the info you need to match skill names to the two skill icons shown right now! What do you think the first two skills in the tree are?

mm... The first skill shows blood but it's not a bath as such. I'd rather go for "weak spot" - something related to increasing the chance of serious injuries and maybe magnifying them?

The second skill most probably is "sweep" - the opponent eats dust - but without getting any damage I think.

How correct is that?

Nate
06-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Weak Spot and Sweep are correct! :)

Here's your next challenge!

riasmd

Good luck!

-Nate-

crow
06-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Disarm

Score one for the old manager!!

Nate
06-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Well done Crow! The crowd eagerly awaits to see more of your gladiators on the arena sands!

Stay tuned for the next sneak peek!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-