PDA

View Full Version : Additional Blood Gods Fight

Nate
02-09-2015, 01:28 PM
I've been in touch with many of the Pit Masters in the Blood Gods bracket getting their feedback (thanks to everyone who offered it, I appreciate it) and based on their feedback I'll be slowly rolling out some new features. The first new feature will be the addition of another fight per day. Blood God fights will happen twice a day, once at 2pm PST and again at 2am PST. In order to keep the math right for the ratings since this will be happening mid season, each gladiator's record will be doubled when the change happens. So for example if a gladiator's record was 4-3-1 it will become 8-6-2 but his rating and rank will remain unchanged along with the rest of the gladiators. I'll make another announcement when this goes live.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
02-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Awesome news :D

Adoede
02-09-2015, 10:25 PM
I like the current format too, but two fights a day would be equally fun.

Any chance you just have all glads fight 8 times in this next round to catch up instead of just doubling the records? It'd be fun to see eight fights at once for old times sake...and for training points.

* - BTW, I like how you solve the complaint about the slow pace of experience gain and accumulation of training points in blood gods with this one simple adjustment too. Props.

Rhinocervs
02-10-2015, 01:23 AM
Still slowish and automated, with one more fight to enjoy. The change is really appreciated.

Rokchewer
02-10-2015, 05:58 AM
Great to hear Nate.. My biggest complaint in Blood Gods is the lack of things to do and the pace of leveling. Any chance we can get the experience for the doubled fights..:cool:

oedi
02-10-2015, 06:31 AM
Still slowish and automated,

biggest complaint in Blood Gods is the lack of things to do
You guys are saying this as if it was a bad thing, Ive been dreaming of this for several years :p
an extra fight is cool as long as i dont need to do any more clicking.

Rhinocervs
02-10-2015, 07:15 AM
Still slowish and automated,

You guys are saying this as if it was a bad thing, Ive been dreaming of this for several years :p
an extra fight is cool as long as i dont need to do any more clicking.

Exactly my opinion, I'm happy because of what you wrote. Nothing ground-breaking has changed since the very welcomed new BG format.
And one more fight makes it more even and less dependent on "luck" in my opinion.

Kreegan
02-10-2015, 10:50 PM
Excellent change! :) With it, the Blood Gods bracket will probably become just what it is meant to be.

Kreegan
02-17-2015, 09:52 PM
So we already have the two fights per day but the record is unchanged. Is that intentional?

Nate
02-18-2015, 04:10 PM
So we already have the two fights per day but the record is unchanged. Is that intentional?

No, there was a unintended false start.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
02-19-2015, 05:52 AM
Something's not right. The last fight started later than usual but it seems... misplaced. This is what the Arena Results show for today:

http://s9.postimg.org/q549cj6xb/Results_1.png

This the fight displayed when I click on Ahhnold vs. Onefourtyone:

http://s28.postimg.org/6gqhnq01n/Fight.png

This fight is listed correctly under Thornwall's "My fights" for today. However, it's counted as a loss even though Thornwall won vs. Onefourtyone (probably because he lost vs. Duke Nukem earlier, the record seems to be taken from elsewhere, some cache maybe?).

http://s11.postimg.org/odjngz3lv/Record.png

Nate
02-19-2015, 01:39 PM
There were a couple of issues and false starts for the 2am PST turn last night which is why they ran late. The 2:32am fights are the correct fights, however, it looks like some previous fights from failed turns were still hanging around and got copied over to player's "my fights" folders and linked in the results page incorrectly. What the results page says happened (i.e. John defeated Mary) is what happened and are the official fights we're using. Sorry for the trouble.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-