PDA

View Full Version : New Update 1/20/2015: New Achievements, Better Gauntlet Deals & Much More!

Nate
01-20-2015, 03:34 PM
this to be filled in soon after I eat a sandwich. :)

Nom, nom, nom...done! :)

Greetings Pit Masters!

We've got some new additions and changes in the Great Realm!

The Throne achievements have been deprecated. This has been a long time coming as they were relics of a bygone era which is why they required some tricks to pull off and probably seemed a little silly to some. We have a handful of new achievements to reward gladiators who perform above and beyond their peers now! Look for the Conqueror and new Blood God achievements under the Arena->Player vs. Player section. The in game economy has seen some changes as well with Jimmy lowering his prices at the Gauntlet and of course the current Blacksmith sale to name a few. The requirements for the honor of fighting among the best of the best in the Blood Gods bracket have also been updated along with a change in the rankings algorithm in the brackets below Blood Gods to more accurately rank gladiators. As usual, explore the Great Realm and discover all it has to offer and its new secrets!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Cynaidh
01-20-2015, 05:06 PM
So... how long does it take to eat a sandwich :)

Nate
01-20-2015, 05:08 PM
It was a carefully crafted sandwich with every square centimeter of bread attended to with love and care. ;)

weaw
01-21-2015, 06:26 AM
The in game economy has seen some changes as well with Jimmy lowering his prices at the Gauntlet and of course the current Blacksmith sale to name a few. The cost of unlearning has increased by 10 times. :(
And yes, one of my gladiators is "Just Like Ah-Nold" now!

Kuljem
01-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Man, I waited for so long, i saved sooo much. But it turns out its not even third of inical price. Dayuuum.
Hopefully, it wont take long before it goes out of early access.
Great job in any case, Nate.
:)

edit- i am drunk. Wtf am i saying here? :D
I must have wrote in wrong topic. Lol

Ahhnold
01-22-2015, 10:15 PM
And yes, one of my gladiators is "Just Like Ah-Nold" now!

We turned that mush into maascles!

Rokchewer
01-23-2015, 07:29 AM
this to be filled in soon after I eat a sandwich. :)

Nom, nom, nom...done! :)

Greetings Pit Masters!

We've got some new additions and changes in the Great Realm!

The Throne achievements have been deprecated. This has been a long time coming as they were relics of a bygone era which is why they required some tricks to pull off and probably seemed a little silly to some. We have a handful of new achievements to reward gladiators who perform above and beyond their peers now! Look for the Conqueror and new Blood God achievements under the Arena->Player vs. Player section. The in game economy has seen some changes as well with Jimmy lowering his prices at the Gauntlet and of course the current Blacksmith sale to name a few. The requirements for the honor of fighting among the best of the best in the Blood Gods bracket have also been updated along with a change in the rankings algorithm in the brackets below Blood Gods to more accurately rank gladiators. As usual, explore the Great Realm and discover all it has to offer and its new secrets!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Gee Nate..interesting that you picked the few positive changes and failed to mention the negative ones. I am sure others have seen more and I hope they chime in as well so we can get a true honest list of the changes. The ones I know of so far are

1. Cost to retrain has increased close to 10 fold
2. Shield reward for battle royale cut in half
3. Shield reward for winning/placing in weekly tournament cut in half.

Any others we should know about?

p.s. The experience gain in blood gods still sucks..that would be why people are fighting like crazy NOT to get inducted each week.
Rokchewer, mgr of Team Triangle, Soul Maidens and Blakwater

Nate
01-23-2015, 11:51 AM
Hi Rokchewer,

Thanks for taking time to offer your feedback, I appreciate it.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
01-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Nate, I see you have introduced some interesting achievements for reaching Blood Gods. Any chance to allow them retroactively for the (compliant) gladiators already in the bracket?

Seventhunderz
01-25-2015, 04:31 AM
I like the Throne Achievement much better than the old way.
Even though very difficult, I can at least see if there is any possibility.
It was frustrating the old way, to try to get the number of fights in without advancing or dropping back to #2.
I hated losing on purpose.

Adoede
01-29-2015, 05:44 AM
Hey Nate,

With the new blood gods economy, BGP prices for gear have gone up significantly. Helmets now cost 11,600 BGP while 1H Weapons cost 18,200 BGP.

A typical blood gods glad receives around 6,500 BGP per season...

If we still lose 50% of unused BGP at the end of every season, that means:
Season 1: 6,500 BGP saved
Season 2: 9,750 BGP saved
Season 3: 11,375 BGP saved
Season 4: 12,187.5 BGP saved
Season 5: 12,593.75 BGP saved
Season 6: 12,796.875 BGP saved
Season 7: 12,898.4375 BGP saved
etc...

In other words, we will never be able to accumulate enough BGP to buy more than a helmet using BGP's alone.

Am I missing something here?

Nate
01-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the message Adoede, try expanding the level range and look at both Legendary and Fabled Epic items when in the Chamber of Power and you'll have an easy time finding great gear to spend your BGP on.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-