PDA

View Full Version : Achievement System

Nate
04-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Hey everyone,

I'll be working on the Achievement System in the near future and wanted to give you a chance to offer up some suggestions on things to be included, so if you are interested go ahead and reply to this post with your ideas. For example, winning 10 fights in a row, or killing 2 gladiators in a row, winning a fight without taking any damage, reaching Tier X in the arena challenge, etc.

Thanks!

-Nate-

CaineDeSoulis
04-13-2011, 04:03 PM
maybe moving from ranking class to ranking class would be handsomely rewarded ie Fresh meat to amateur or juggernaut to champion. defeating the final boss of each tier. Winning a truly epic battle like both gladiators have less than 5-10% health and are both bleeding.

Apoca1ypse
04-13-2011, 06:24 PM
winning a match with 1hp :)

(just did this. incredibly satisfying in a back and forth match)

LordOfTheGods
04-13-2011, 09:10 PM
maybe get an achivement for completing ur gladiators skill tree, all 100 points? i think that would be a good thing 4 an achivement cuz im sure it takes a while to complete all ur skills ranks, or maybe have achivements 4 ur fights, say u reach 1000 wins, u get an achivement, or 1000 kills u get some sort of acheivement that would be kinda cool

Arkham
04-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Some favorites

Wining without a weapon
Winning without equipping a weapon
Winning without equipping armor
Winning without attacking
Streaks (obviously)
Big Hits (100, 200, 300,400,500 etc)
Living through big hits and winning
Winning vs an opponent with all purples
Winning vs an opponent with a better record
Defeating an undefeated opponent

.. I could go on.. please give a benefit to seeking the trophies. Even if it is a different character image.

Arkham
04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Achievement hat defines what level you were when you beat an Arena Challenge
for winning a Black Market tourney at level 10,15,20
for having a level 10 skill
for having 3 level 10 skills
for killing 10 rage opponents
for killing 10 theatrical opponents
for having a 2:1 win ratio at 100 fights
for killing 10 war opponents
for playing 30 days in a row

Team Kaos
04-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Cause 100 Blood loss
Be #1 ranked for 7 consecutive days
Rank #1 in Black market twice in one week.
Kill an opponent you challenged
Kill an opponent that challenged you

(Eye for an Eye...how about a blood challenge. Any gladiator in your stable can freely challenge an opponent that killed one of your gladiators no matter the rank)

Lunarion199
04-18-2011, 04:19 PM
- Defeating an Arena Challenge NPC with your slave-level below his.
- Maintaining a win ratio of 80% / kill ratio of 20% at the end of month.
- Defeating a slave 5+ level above your slave-level.
- Remaining undefeated in a black market tournament.
- Winning in less than 10 seconds.

Thanks Nate!

Lunarion199
05-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Once the 'conquests' system is implemented, maybe we can have 'honor' points (good if the game can leave some good message rather than only bloody fights). Noble quests like helping someone for good, challenging opponents only of level higher than yours, sparing the life of a beaten opponent etc. will give honor, rather than a bunch of gold or experience, as an indication of some achievement. And some epic weapons will require some minimum honor to wield them. Maybe such holy weapons will be abe to do some miracle not easily possible otherwise, such as healing during the fight itself, life-stealing, or a chance of resurrection after the fight.

Perhaps we may also have story-driven quests that may promote kills, stealing, betrayals etc (achivements of the other type) which may apparently give higher rewards initially but having some hidden/ explicit curses on them.

(Maybe too much fancying:) being a fan of role playing games)

Team Kaos
06-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Would it be possible to reword some of the achievement awards in order to make them a bit easy to follow.

Instead of
I'm a Winner (150) Win 150 more fights in the arena.
Maybe it could read
I'm a Winner (410) Win 410 Arena Fights

Same for
Murder By Numbers (20)
Kill 20 more gladiators in the arena.

Perhaps it could just read
Murder By Numbers Kill 36 gladiators in the arena

It just seems like a lot of addition just to figure out the number needed to attain the award.

The status bar can remain unchanged as it shows the current count towards the award, but just rewording the achievement I think would make them a bit more user friendly.

CaineDeSoulis
06-22-2011, 01:28 AM
+1 to team kaos's suggustion its kinda clunk the way it is i couldent really tell where i was in achievement progress