PDA

View Full Version : Noob question - apologies in advance - how do I kill

Qweeg
12-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Hi all,

I have tried to search the forum, honest, and looked at some of the guides - but can't see this anywhere. Basically what determines a Kill as opposed to a win? I have had an opponent down to single figure health and then got 1 more hit in for around 50 damage and the enforcer saved them. And another time the fight was stopped when I had 21 health left but I was dead. Although I did have bleeding for 30 then, so I was wondering if having an effect that reduces you to zero causes the kill?

I thought probably I would have to do a certain amount of damage over and above reducing my opponent to 0 health, but not sure if this is right at all - doesn't seem like it is. The current pit fight has a massive bonus for kills - so I am trying to figure out a way to improve my odd of a kill.

Any tips would be much appreciated - and sorry if this is somewhere else on the forum.

Many thanks
Q

Kreegan
12-08-2014, 10:41 AM
You need to reduce your opponent's health to 0 or less in order to kill but that's only one of the requirements (and yes, bleeding can kill too). In general, health determines how much punishment a given gladiator can take before giving up and not exactly when he or she will drop dead. If you fighter has high Presence, the opponent is low on that stat and your guy wins, there is a good chance to see that nice gravestone picture with the crow (+ a nice gold bonus and a trophy). Apart from Presence comparison there seem to be other factors which influence the chance to kill but they are harder to find.

Additionally, some of the fabled and legendary items have a Kill rank bonus which add an extra roll at the end of the fight - if successful, the defeated gladiator departs to the afterlife (until those nasty hooded psychos at the temple bring him/her back at least).

Qweeg
12-08-2014, 12:29 PM
That's great - thanks Kreegan!

A lot for me to learn I can tell - think those fabled and legendary items are a way off yet. Thanks again

Q