PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Ranking Points System

Avengelyn
11-26-2014, 05:33 AM
I was a bit surprised Tuesday when Raw Material got inducted to Blood Gods, as i think he was at or about rank 10 in Primus. I did note that he had the number of ranking points that would have made him eligible prior to the brackets combine, but i didnt expect the top third of Primus to get whacked like that.

Apparently, you no longer lose points for a loss, so your ranking score will always go up whenever you win. At the same time the induction criteria seems to be as it was, 350k ish. I'm not sure that is a bug or intended change, but I know for certain I dont like it =). Seems to me that if I were to make a new warrior today, they will be in Blood Gods after only a few hundred wins, way too fast imo.

Avengelyn, Manager of Lethal Formula

Nate
11-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the message Avengelyn. I've seen large groups of Primus gladiators get promoted together in the past, sometimes this happens. Regarding the rankings mechanics nothing intentionally changed, I'll take a look.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Avengelyn
11-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Nate -

Looks like you fixed whatever was going on with losses not dropping rank, so thanks for that.

Dont suppose there is any way to bring back the folks that got booted prematurely though eh? Maybe some of them wanted to get to blood gods but Raw Material surely did not at lvl 51. Not the end of the world if not though...

Avengelyn, Manager of Lethal Formula

Nate
11-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi Avengelyn, you are very welcome! Raw Material and the rest of the new blood gods are more than worthy of their promotions with very promising futures! I look forward to watching their ascents!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

weaw
11-30-2014, 08:28 PM
... and the rest of the new blood gods are more than worthy of their promotions with very promising futures! Sadly, but my gladiator promoted to Blood God probably will be retired now.
Yes, he doesn't even have 1000 fights yet. He doesn't finished even his skills training, because i didn't have time to pick the best skills/weapons variation for him.
And now he stuck at 8 training points per day without fights to test skills/strategies/weapons...
So, his jump from ~10 Primus to Blood God was just a death. Not so promising future i guess. :)

So, i think Avengelyne is right:

Seems to me that if I were to make a new warrior today, they will be in Blood Gods after only a few hundred wins, way too fast imo.

// By the way. It's looks like there was a group of gladiators which jumped through more ranked Primus to Blood Gods.

Apoca1ypse
12-01-2014, 06:05 AM
You receive 200 training points if you do not rank in the top 50% of seasons. With seasons only lasting a month, that means you'll get those points faster :)

In short, there is still hope :)

weaw
12-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks for hope , Apo. :)
200 training points... That looks like something to replace one skill. Let's see...

weaw
12-14-2014, 02:37 AM
Nate.

One of my gladiators just reached Primus bracket.
She is HoL, but not very good, i guess. She is 48 level, has 506 fights total and uses a gear about 30-44 level.
I've never sought a weak opponent for her via challenge option of the Arena.
In general, i've never sought a way to move her into upper brackets.
Because the first goal IMHO is to reach 50 level, and then build the best strategy using whole skill-tree, choosing weapons/strategies etc.
Now, i'm afraid, i will be forced to use the challenge option and a bad strategies in order to lose a fights intentionally.

1. I use "The Champion's 3 Pack Membership Special" continuously. Because i have four young gladiators (and one "Blood God", which still trying to maximize his attributes using training points :).
Perhaps, it's my mistake, if the rating system has some relations to "speed of growth".
But, if that's right, it's not good. Because You should be interested in my trophies.

2. There's no problem to fight in Blood God bracket as is. Even if my gladiator has only 300 fights. I've no goal to kill all Argh Pirates in one hit, for example. Just looking for some fun.
But i see no way to get good statistic for a Blood God, while choosing his strategy:
-- The Black Market system gives fights where a random weapons/armors/encumbrance is used;
-- The Gauntlet or the Conquest systems are gives team-based fights;
-- There is the Gauntlet at Easy, which may be used without a team, yes. But an opponents here is really weak even for 10 level gladiator. Just few hits...
No more places to get a statistic for a Blood God? Or i'm mistaken?

// My stable is Out Dare. The new-Primus HoL girl is Deirdre Sorrow. Pseudo Blood God is Setantha. If You need it.

WBR, weaw.