PDA

View Full Version : Agility VS Presence

wuhugm
10-16-2014, 06:19 AM
Well, since agility increases your initiative while presence lowers your opponent's, which one's worth more? I assume agility is the better stat since equip bonus for it is lower than presence, but which actually gives more attack in a fight?

like for example AGI 150 PRE 70 VS AGI 70 PRE 150, disregarding other factors, would this match resulted in 1:1 attacks?

FrosteeFyre
10-16-2014, 08:40 AM
I assume Agility contributes more to initiative than Presence (not sure HOW much more, I'm not a pro with mad math calculation skills) but I say this because in every case: buying slaves, buying equipment, selling equipment, etc. Agility is worth MORE $$ so I would assume 150/70 Agi/Pres would best 70/150 Agi/Pres if you were looking at just those stats being the only contributors to the fight.

Dainoji
10-16-2014, 09:00 AM
It depends and as usual we have to look at more than just one or two variables. If your glad has a high presence and your opponent has a high initiative you'll hurt him more by lowering it as his strategy is probably based on having a high init. If you just raise your agility to get a higher init it'll be easier to make a strategy around it but you won't throw the opponent off his game. Raising both is a good strategy and is something I've done with Thunder Lips. I plan to pump the presence even higher. Keep in mind agility and presence are only one of many factors that go into initiative. Take a glad with a 200 agility using parry-slash and you'll see his initiative plummet. Same goes for a lower activity level.

Agility has an advantage in that it is a main stat for agility based weapons like blades and exotics. If your glad is using those you need to raise your agility as that directly translates into more accuracy and bigger hits.