PDA

View Full Version : Tavern's Achievements

wuhugm
09-30-2014, 01:33 AM
Well, since the number of contracts was halved, shouldn't the requirements for achievements related to tavern be halved as well?

Apoca1ypse
09-30-2014, 04:46 AM
Must resist a full on "back in my day" rant... :P

I dont believe there is really a need for the change. achievements were in place before the tavern fights were upped to 20, and were not change then, so why now?

wuhugm
09-30-2014, 06:06 AM
oo? it wasn't 20 then? i didn't know :O

Thor
09-30-2014, 01:11 PM
I'd rather have more conquest-achievemnts :D the ones that we got now are 3 pieces .... which are bad :D (And 2 of them not achievable before what? llevel 40 or so ^^)

Apoca1ypse
09-30-2014, 08:15 PM
oo? it wasn't 20 then? i didn't know :O

Back in the day, it was 5 tavern fights and 2 arena fights a day. There's been a couple changes since then :P

Oedi, Crow, Dain and I are old...

wuhugm
09-30-2014, 09:58 PM
5!? That's crazy! changes for the better, I appreciate it~

Apoca1ypse
09-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Nate's original concept for the game was for it to be complimentary to other gaming schedules, and not take up much time each day. 5 tavern fights, and an automated fight every 12 hours was all you got. Despite so little to do, the game had a lot of depth, and because you knew your opponent in advance, strategy was even more important. So many people wanted more, so Nate gave us more :D

wuhugm
10-01-2014, 01:01 AM
^ I haven't found any other game to complement PoW though :o

played Torn a bit, boring, Tribal Wars getting tiresome after having +50 villages, nothing gave satisfaction as much as this game :D

care to suggest some games?

oedi
10-01-2014, 01:17 AM
So many people wanted more, so Nate gave us more
and some was happy with the way it was but got more anyway ;), Im really happy with the new back to basics approach.

Thor
10-01-2014, 01:21 AM
^ I haven't found any other game to complement PoW though :o

played Torn a bit, boring, Tribal Wars getting tiresome after having +50 villages, nothing gave satisfaction as much as this game :D

care to suggest some games?

Depends on your preferences. There is only one browsergame I play apart from PIW and that's Shogun's fate. However, telling anyone this game hasn't it's problems as well would be a lie. It does however, not suffer the same problems as tribal wars for example, as you always only have one village (you can fight others and hold their cities, they just pay you a tax then but keep playing themselves and can liberate themselves as well) and the games take 1-2 months. Afterwards, the new game starts and everyone starts from scratch (There are levels in between and you can start with some more stuff if chosen). Still, it is one of the most complex strategy-BG's I have played so far and the setting is interesting.

wuhugm
10-01-2014, 06:00 AM
^ will try that one :D pity it's not perpetual

Thor
10-01-2014, 07:20 AM
I actually think it's the best part of it! But yeah, I understand people who don't like this. If you realyl want to try it, my IGN is "dererste" in the current english server.

For the aren achievements: depending on how long Nate needs to bring on his huge changes he may want to change those achievements completely anyways.

Apoca1ypse
10-01-2014, 07:36 AM
and some was happy with the way it was but got more anyway ;), Im really happy with the new back to basics approach.

I'm just happy that I get to smash things :D

/rageforlife