PDA

View Full Version : Death from above and the "real size"

Thor
09-30-2014, 01:27 AM
A while ago, someone (I believe it was Frostee) asked why his one glad deals a lot less damage with each death from above. He checked attributes and everything and could not explain it. I asked for the races and he told me one was a trug and one a dunder (both may be wrong, but one was a little and one a tall class).

Now, we know, the "real size" listed in the battles is mostly just a flavour-thing, however we also all know Nate's thinking towards: "Just think about it and do what you would really do / let someone do in this situation". Which would mean, the real size would definitely matter in the death from above - scenario.

I just have one gladiator that could use it, Odin, who has 83 size (base) and is a trug, which puts him at 2.97m. But I can't compare it with anything, so does anyone of you have any infos about this? If this thesis is wrong, I might as well think about a Dunder just for DFA :D.

Alba Kebab
09-30-2014, 01:37 AM
the size that matters is the one on your stat page.
the height/weight description is just flavor, don't look at that when comparing skill effects.

Thor
09-30-2014, 02:52 AM
Do you happen to have a source? Or is this just year-long experience?

riggen
09-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Of course the size noted in your stats area is the one that matters. Otherwise, spites would be harmless and trugs would oneshot anyone by sitting on them :P

wuhugm
09-30-2014, 06:15 AM
what?! it's just a flavor? I always thought it was real, since Seraph Murcee weights more than 500kg and dealt great damage to my glad once, with only an underleveled blue weapon

riggen
09-30-2014, 06:44 AM
well, a dunder with the exact same stats and gear would probably do more :P while weighing around 150 kg

Thor
09-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Well, everyone seems to believe the stat itself matters. I thoguth this the whoel time as well, but still noone got a source.

Anyone out there with a Snivler / spite / dunder with DFA with dmg numbers to put in respect (not 1 single number, please^^)?

riggen
09-30-2014, 01:44 PM
I do have a low-size dunder warr that recently got to lvl 50. Undertrained and kinda shitty, but oh well. Got a 94 size one coming up, dual wielding and heavy armour too. But that one's far from 50 atm.

Highest DFA from the upcoming dunder was a 800 something hit thus far, on an old injury. Usual hits are somewhere between 260-410 or somesuch. He's just level 39 though, with slightly underleveld gear and far from any serious training. Also, one handed weapons.

Edit: And he won't be huge on offense either

Thor
10-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Yeah, direct comparisons are always hard in here anyways :D

The closest to it so far was still the 2 glads that made me think about this first, but since I don't remember anythign about those 2, I can't give any details :/

Prinny
10-01-2014, 05:16 AM
Belca Noctircus is a dunder with 146 size stat. Won't be able to compare damage with racial changes as I retired the whole stable yesterday with the only glad still being active being Flonne as that stable has a huge load of trophies left :p

Belca's latest hits with death from above and wielding an orange 2 handed maul were as follows:
795 on a theatrics
844 on a rage
572 on a rage
557 on a rage
1 damage on a war (that really annoying bug) and 731 damage later that round and to finish him off a 1663 death from above on a serious injury
486 on a war with shield

Thor
10-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Dunder might be a very interesting race to compare just because the damage-bonus might make up for all the "real size"-difference there is :D.

Someone with a Spite/snivler with DFA? ^^

Nate
10-01-2014, 08:28 AM
1 damage on a war (that really annoying bug)

That's not a bug. I'm sure if everyone puts on their thinking caps they can figure out why this happens sometimes. :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Prinny
10-01-2014, 01:10 PM
That's not a bug. I'm sure if everyone puts on their thinking caps they can figure out why this happens sometimes. :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Exept that it also happens on rages and I dont need a thinking cap to know that hitting for 1 damage with a damage boosting activated skill whilst normal attacks deal between 200 and 600 damage isn't right :)

Alba Kebab
10-01-2014, 07:06 PM
'source' is going to a difficult thing to ask for in PoW, because short of Nate showing you the actual codes, there are no 'sources' that anyone can quote for you.
You will either have to trust the consensus of older players who came before, or test it yourself.

and testing it is real easy too, just buy 2 slaves of similar size, make them different races, and compare the results.

Kreegan
10-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Exept that it also happens on rages and I dont need a thinking cap to know that hitting for 1 damage with a damage boosting activated skill whilst normal attacks deal between 200 and 600 damage isn't right :)
You mean that you've seen a Rage hit for 1 damage? I've seen this only on Wars, it happens when the given gladiator tanks in round 1 - the first damage-dealing attack (Crippling Might excluded), skill or no skill, gets reduced to around 1% damage. That's normal and it's been like that since the skill tree changes. I've also seen this past round 1 a few times but I've no idea under what circumstances it triggers like that.

Thor
10-02-2014, 01:10 AM
'source' is going to a difficult thing to ask for in PoW, because short of Nate showing you the actual codes, there are no 'sources' that anyone can quote for you.
You will either have to trust the consensus of older players who came before, or test it yourself.

and testing it is real easy too, just buy 2 slaves of similar size, make them different races, and compare the results.

Getting to a serious DFA-level and having the same stats needs some time, in addition to 2 spots, which I don't have left. This is why I asked if anyone tested it or if it's just "common knowledge".

Prinny
10-02-2014, 02:35 PM
You mean that you've seen a Rage hit for 1 damage? I've seen this only on Wars, it happens when the given gladiator tanks in round 1 - the first damage-dealing attack (Crippling Might excluded), skill or no skill, gets reduced to around 1% damage. That's normal and it's been like that since the skill tree changes. I've also seen this past round 1 a few times but I've no idea under what circumstances it triggers like that.

Fairly sure I know that it can happen against tanking wars. But No I mean as in when you hit a rage with DFA and actually only dish out 1 damage :)

Apoca1ypse
10-02-2014, 04:51 PM
I mean as in when you hit a rage with DFA and actually only dish out 1 damage :)

Teach me how I can get my boys to only take 1 damage from DFA :P

wuhugm
10-02-2014, 08:05 PM
extreme luck?

never got 1 damage before

Prinny
10-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Teach me how I can get my boys to only take 1 damage from DFA :P

In the case of Ahhnold I imagine he only needs to flex his muscles :p

Kreegan
10-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Never seen a Rage take 1 damage from DFA. Or from whatever. 1000 is more common. :p

Alba Kebab
10-04-2014, 01:30 AM
@thor
this is pretty common knowledge alright, you can trust us on this one.