PDA

View Full Version : The limits of agility

wuhugm
09-25-2014, 03:56 AM
So, for one of my glad I focused stat boosts on his agility and now nearing 200, and now I begin to wonder. Since fights are divided into rounds, there should be a limit to how many attacks possible in each round, and agility boosts exactly that. For strength it's simple that the damage keeps increasing but for agility, if the max number of attacks have been reached then won't it be a was to keep increasing it? :eek:

Dainoji
09-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Agility does more than just help the frequency of attacks. It helps a glad's defense, their initiative and probably other things as well.

Thor
09-25-2014, 01:10 PM
As Dainoji said, agility does more than just the number of attacks.

A big factor is that the number of attacks may be limited (6 attacks in total per round, IIRC), however the initiative is probably almost of equal importance (stunning, dropping the enemy, dropping his weapon all make huge differences if you attack first). With presence lowering your opponents Initiative, one might say there is no limit for agility to be useful (other than the number of rounds, but that is not the biggest factor, if you ask me).

Apoca1ypse
09-25-2014, 05:16 PM
agility is used to calculate weapon damage for blades, though it was toned back a while ago.

Before the tweek, I noticed a huge difference in performance when a gladiator went from 210agil to 250agil. I cant comment too much about what it's like now as I havent dropped agility on Bruce below 240 in quite a while.

As others said, Agility is used for a whole heap of things, so going over 200 agility will never be bad for a speed based gladiator.

wuhugm
09-25-2014, 05:42 PM
hmm? Agility also contributes to damage? That means for speed based gladiator, there's no need to spread points to strength as well?

well, logically the faster you swing a weapon, the greater damage it causes, but compared to strength the damage is very inferior.

but still, for the main purpose (number of attacks) to be limited is kinda turn off

Apoca1ypse
09-25-2014, 09:57 PM
you still need some strength as damage for blades still has a strength component in its calculations.

It all depends on the gladiator's build, as some skills need agility, some dont use it at all and require strength instead. Each gladiator will be different.

Kreegan
09-26-2014, 05:26 AM
The Theatrics Pirate was running with under 100 Strength and over 240 Agility when she was using Blades and managed to hit quite hard. I think we've had this discussion before and the conclusion was that you hardly need to put points in Strength for speed builds, except when you want some skill to be extra efficient.

wuhugm
09-26-2014, 05:28 AM
^ thanks pal~ gonna put points to Agi and Presence instead :D

Apoca1ypse
09-26-2014, 05:32 AM
The Theatrics Pirate was running with under 100 Strength and over 240 Agility when she was using Blades and managed to hit quite hard. I think we've had this discussion before and the conclusion was that you hardly need to put points in Strength for speed builds, except when you want some skill to be extra efficient.

Arrrrrgh and Bruce both ran >260 agility and <100str and hit quite hard, but that was under the old damage setup. Agility's role for damage calculations on blades and polearms was reduced because of that imbalance.

Stacked agility is still the way to go for speed builds though.

Adoede
09-27-2014, 06:57 AM
Adding strength helps with armor penetration and less deflections. Strength is also a factor in stamina.

Thor
09-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Stamina? In the way you use less of it in the battle or how exactly?

I only knew it helps carrying armour (together with size and stamina) and influences your HP (together with size and stamina).

Adoede
09-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Just my theory, but since Strength influences overall encumbrance, it seems to have an indirect effect on rate of endurance usage.

Thor
09-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Well it would at least make sense and we all know how Nate thinks about this, so that's very well possible.

Apoca1ypse
09-28-2014, 12:07 AM
stamina actually plays more of a role in encumbrance than strength. You gotta be fit to keep moving properly in heavy gear

Thor
09-28-2014, 05:04 AM
Yeah, I thought the same: for both HP and encumbrance size is the best, then stamina, then strength.

However, adoede mentioned endurance itself, so I guess he thinks it has a second influence on the usage of endurance or so.