PDA

View Full Version : New Update 9/18/2014: Tavern Changes & More!

Nate
09-18-2014, 05:11 AM
Greetings Pit Masters!

As Pit of War continues the journey back to its origins, I'm happy to announce another update to the Great Realm! For those of you who missed my earlier post on the new direction that Pit of War is heading in you can read it here:

http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?2441-A-Return-To-The-Past

This update is but a stepping stone, a temporary stop if you will in regards to the Tavern. I have plans to completely overhauled it later, however, this update, brings with it a few changes to its current incarnation and additional changes to other areas of the game. Please see below for a brief overview of changes. This list is not complete nor comprehensive and it is not meant to be. It is a highlight of what I consider to be the most important aspects. I hope many of you enjoy the new changes, for those who don't, here's a picture of a cute panda bear hanging from a tree branch (http://i.imgur.com/Mck1fhr.jpg) to cheer you up. :)

- Gladiators may not accept any contracts if they have unused arena fight tokens. Gladiators will need to first fight in the arena and then they may accept contracts at the tavern.

- The maximum number of contracts that can be done per day has been reduced to 10.

- Training points have a percent chance of being awarded upon a successful contract in the Tavern. If awarded, the gladiator will receive one, double if your stable has the Skull's Gym membership.

- Training points for Arena fights have been increased to two per fight, double if your stable has the Skull's Gym membership.

- Training points for Arena Challenge fights have been increased to five, double if your stable has the Skull's Gym membership.

- A portion of the amount of gold a gladiator could potentially earn from Tavern contracts and Black Market Pit Fights has been reduced and shifted over to the Arena purse instead. Tavern contracts and Black Market Pit Fights still award gold for those Pit Masters looking for extra.

- The amount of XP awarded per Tavern contract has been decreased and the amount of XP awarded per Arena fight has been increased.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

FrosteeFyre
09-18-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm glad that you're focusing more on the Gladiatoral Arena aspect of the game, you're out to be #1 right? I like this update a lot (if only because I only have to do 50 contracts as opposed to 100 a day XD)

Kreegan
09-18-2014, 06:53 AM
Is this the update that we are supposed to complain about? Doesn't look like anything of that kind. But let's see how it affects the leveling speed. :p

Prdo
09-18-2014, 07:46 AM
I like idea of focusing more on arena fights too :)

Good change.

Arkham
09-18-2014, 10:19 AM
- The maximum number of contracts that can be done per day has been reduced to 10.

My clicking/scrolling parts thank you for your kind service.

Thor
09-18-2014, 11:23 AM
All out amazing changes!

Exactly as I said: Nate won't just make the same changes as with the pit, he'll come up with something more. The only thing I don't really like is the chance thing in the tavern. What if my gladiator is really unlucky? (Not in having a low luck-score, if this even affects it, but by just having bad luck with random numbers) Is he just some levels in abilities weaker than a same-fights, same level -glad that was more lucky?

Apart from this, excellent change and shift towards the Arena where the focus should lie!

Seventhunderz
09-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Sound good.

Dainoji
09-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I like the change Nate, great update. I also liked the Panda!

Thor
09-20-2014, 12:56 AM
I like the change Nate, great update. I also liked the Panda!

Yeah, really helped with taming the massive complaints this update has caused :D