PDA

View Full Version : Unable to unlearn skill after reaching lvl 10 for the ultimate skill

wuhugm
09-11-2014, 05:14 AM
That is Total Carnage and Armored Fortress and maybe Bloody Spectacle

the only one that can be unlearned is that very ultimate skill which I won't do since it was a pain to reach that

but now I can't reassigned my skills and that sucks

Prinny
09-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Yup that's the way it works these days! :p

Apoca1ypse
09-11-2014, 06:11 PM
you can unlearn a single point out of the final rank [so be at 9.9/10] and that will let you redistribute your lower tier skills. It means you only need 1 successful train to get 10/10 for the final rank of TC, which saves a huge amount of time :]

wuhugm
09-12-2014, 06:15 PM
you can unlearn a single point out of the final rank [so be at 9.9/10] and that will let you redistribute your lower tier skills. It means you only need 1 successful train to get 10/10 for the final rank of TC, which saves a huge amount of time :]

How do you do this? From my previous unlearns it always reduce the entire level, meaning starting from 0%

and I wished there was a warning to notify us that reassigning becomes impossible once Lvl 10 ultimate skill is learned :( actually just abolish this rule, what good does it do even?

Adoede
09-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Just hold down 'u' while clicking on the skill and it will attempt to untrain 1 point in that skill. It might take a few tries since the % chance to unlearn is somewhere around 9%. If you use trophies to unlearn the skill, it will take it one rank down and all the way down to 0%.

Also, re-assigning isn't impossible. You just have to move 1 skill rank at a time. I've switched skills on most of my glads many times just to try different things.

wuhugm
09-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Just hold down 'u' while clicking on the skill and it will attempt to untrain 1 point in that skill. It might take a few tries since the % chance to unlearn is somewhere around 9%. If you use trophies to unlearn the skill, it will take it one rank down and all the way down to 0%.

Also, re-assigning isn't impossible. You just have to move 1 skill rank at a time. I've switched skills on most of my glads many times just to try different things.

first time I heard that "u" thing, I always use trophies before, damn :( I mean there's only one button to unlearn there, how do one would know!?

about reassigning is exactly what I've always done, until hitting lvl 10 on ultimate skill that is. Well, I'll try your trick then :D

Alba Kebab
09-13-2014, 10:04 PM
It's actually written at the bottom of skill train screen.
hold down 'u' and click to unlearn, hold down 'a' and click to auto-learn(use up all available skill points to train at once).

wuhugm
09-14-2014, 04:15 AM
It's actually written at the bottom of skill train screen.
hold down 'u' and click to unlearn, hold down 'a' and click to auto-learn(use up all available skill points to train at once).

Holyshit you're right....

I always use 'a' though, that means I did see that long time ago, but since never needed it completely forgot about it, haha

thanks people, still hoping doesn't have to unlearn ultimate skill though, even 10% to reach Lvl 10 is considerably hard, that time I was unlucky and need 3 days worth of points to get that 10% :(

Nate
09-15-2014, 02:18 AM
This is not a bug and will not be changing. Each skill has a set of prerequisites. If a gladiator could just unlearn skills and ignore prerequisites one could for example train Total Carnage to 10, then unlearn some other skill in the tree and put those points into Hard To Hit and have both Tier 6 skills. Without prerequisites a level 1 gladiator could train in any skill right from the beginning. Prerequisites are there for many reasons ranging from balance to strategic choices. A gladiator in PoW is made up of a series of strategic choices. If you want to respec there are options available to you as some have pointed out already. If you want to speed up the process there are also options available for that too.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

wuhugm
09-15-2014, 02:27 AM
This is not a bug and will not be changing. Each skill has a set of prerequisites. If a gladiator could just unlearn skills and ignore prerequisites one could for example train Total Carnage to 10, then unlearn some other skill in the tree and put those points into Hard To Hit and have both Tier 6 skills. Without prerequisites a level 1 gladiator could train in any skill right from the beginning. Prerequisites are there for many reasons ranging from balance to strategic choices. A gladiator in PoW is made up of a series of strategic choices. If you want to respec there are options available to you as some have pointed out already. If you want to speed up the process there are also options available for that too.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

is that so? :(

well, I wished there was a kind of warning about this, then I would leave out lvl 10 Total Carnage for the last... though at that point new skills like Hard to Hit haven't appeared yet

Nate
09-15-2014, 02:42 AM
Warning? I'm afraid I don't follow. This isn't a new change. Each skill's prerequisites are there in the tooltip. For example here is what a Tier 5 skill says when a Tier 6 skill is being trained:

Unlocks at level 40.
Requires Rage specialization.
Requires 55 trains in previous Rage tiers.
Can not unlearn: Deeper skill(s) require these points.

The reason for this is the points in the Tier 5 skill is what allowed the gladiator to start training in the Tier 6 skill. Tier 6 skills requires 90 trains in previous skills to be valid options, hence the reason a Tier 1-5 skill can not be untrained. Hope that clears it up for you. If you don't see that kind of text in your skill trees please take a screen shot and let me know because that would be a bug.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

wuhugm
09-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Aaah, aah! That 90 trains huh.... After the level prerequisites updates being implemented, tier 6 was frozen and I forgot all about it, when reaching lvl 50 immediately maxed it.... damn

thanks nate~