PDA

View Full Version : New Update 9/1/2014: New Tier 6 skills, Nets, Whips & More!

Nate
09-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Greetings Pit Masters!

A new update just went live! Please see below for a list of what is new:

NEW TIER 6 SKILLS

Rage
Hard to Hit - As a master of the Rage specialty, your gladiator has learned it is sometimes wise to pay attention to defense and is always on the move making them very hard to hit. They attack less often but get hit even less. By controlling their rage and being more level headed they also use endurance at a slower rate.

War
Down And Dangerous - As a master of the War specialty, your gladiator has learned most fights will go to the ground. While others struggle to fight when prone, your gladiator welcomes it and doesn't suffer the same penalties. Knowing how to move, angle and position themselves while down keeps their offense deadly, their defense solid and helps them to seize opportunities to stand up more easily.

Theatrics
Entangle - As a master of the Theatrics specialty your gladiator has learned how to turn the Net and Whip into deadly instruments of frustration for their opponents. Whips will disarm and yank their victims to the ground! Nets will tangle, trap and ensnare! Watch as your entangled prey's capabilities are diminished and laugh as they waste precious energy trying to escape!

NEW TRIGGERS

At level 50 gladiators will gain the following new triggers:
I am Entangled
Opponent is Entangled

ARMOURY STABLE UPGRADE

Level 4, 5 and 6 of the stable upgrade have had their repair discounts increased to 10%, 45% and 75%!

LEGENDARY ITEM REPAIR COSTS

The cost to repair Legendary items has been reduced by about 33%!

REMEMBER ME?

The long requested "remember me" or "keep me logged in" feature has arrived! For those who want to stay logged in, just click the check box on the main page!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

crow
09-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Great Job Nate!! Thanks now for us to figure out how to use these new skills. The nets seem a bit tricky right now.

Just wondering if there is a rank 10 bonus like the other tier 6 skills have?

Sotc
09-01-2014, 08:52 AM
ARRRRRGHPIRATE aims for ARAN NI-MO's front leg..
ARRRRRGHPIRATE tries to yank ARAN NI-MO to the ground with her ANCIENT LASH OF THE BLOOD GODS! (-Entangle-)
ARAN NI-MO spins around and face plants following the strike!

ARRRRRGHPIRATE darts furiously back and forth.
ARRRRRGHPIRATE swings her ANCIENT NET OF THE BLOOD GODS awkwardly.
ARRRRRGHPIRATE casts her ANCIENT NET OF THE BLOOD GODS at DHERARU KIZAB-IL! (-Entangle-)

Description of Entangle status:

Entangled
The gladiator is entangled and their offensive and defensive capabilities are being adversely affected by the amount shown. They also use their endurance at a faster rate while trying to escape.
(16% @ rank5)

Looks like its very similar to sig move/barreling attack/war cry. A 0 damage status effect move
Tridents also got their speed bumped up to 1.9 from 1.7

Adoede
09-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Love the possibilities of the Entangle skill. A bit surprised that Evasive Maneuvers for Rage is based on Intellect, Agility and Stamina. Not many Power Ragers who stack those stats. I guess it's more for speed Rages...though I'm gonna try it on power builds anyway.

Thor
09-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Awesome patch, Nate!

Especially the logged in - feature!

Sotc
09-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Definitely not sold on the hit & run rage skill. Hopefully it improves at rank 10, but it seems like the max # of attacks is reduced significantly (no more than 1 per round @10 activity rampage even with dual epees with skill rank 5). The other drawback is that counterattacking glads still base the number of counterattacks on the amount you would have attacked without training hard to hit. Not sure if this second one is intentional or not.

Apoca1ypse
09-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Remember Me feature is probably my favourite addition since the change to 2H weapons! :D

Dainoji
09-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the update Nate, +1 from me!

Dainoji
09-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Definitely not sold on the hit & run rage skill. Hopefully it improves at rank 10, but it seems like the max # of attacks is reduced significantly (no more than 1 per round @10 activity rampage even with dual epees with skill rank 5). The other drawback is that counterattacking glads still base the number of counterattacks on the amount you would have attacked without training hard to hit. Not sure if this second one is intentional or not.

Seems to me that slower more powerful weapons would benefit from this skill more. If using light fast weapons this skill would just take away from one of their main advantages.

Dainoji
09-01-2014, 10:09 PM
A bit surprised that Evasive Maneuvers for Rage is based on Intellect, Agility and Stamina.

I'm not. Takes intellect to know when to zig or zag. Agility to actually physically do it and stamina to keep doing it all fight.

Adoede
09-01-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm not. Takes intellect to know when to zig or zag. Agility to actually physically do it and stamina to keep doing it all fight.

My point was just that it throws different factors into Rage builds that hadn't been there before - intellect on a Rage was non-existent. And agility on power builds is pretty low on the list of priorities. To pursue this skill one would have to go in a whole new direction with Rage class - which is what I assume Nate intended. Not a bad thing. Just an unexpected twist.

Alba Kebab
09-02-2014, 12:21 AM
I know, what a jam that Nate wants us to actually reconsider some new options and builds instead of just boosting the same old, huh. :p

oedi
09-02-2014, 01:18 AM
Ive seen Razael and Flonne trigger activated attacks when on the ground, is this an intentional or unintentional effect of this update?

Nate
09-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Ive seen Razael and Flonne trigger activated attacks when on the ground, is this an intentional or unintentional effect of this update?

That was a bug and a fix has been uploaded. Please let me know if you continue to see it.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
09-02-2014, 08:30 AM
For the new skills you may find they are not a simple drop in replacement for your particular gladiator. They might be, they might not. Deeper changes might need to happen such as gear changes and strategy changes, etc. You may even find that certain skills work best when it is the end goal ahead of time and all previous skill choices compliment it.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
09-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Great Job Nate!! Thanks now for us to figure out how to use these new skills. The nets seem a bit tricky right now.

Just wondering if there is a rank 10 bonus like the other tier 6 skills have?

The new skills don't have extra benefits at rank 10, the benefits they offer are just better the higher the skill level. I felt their effects were strong enough already that they didn't need a bonus at level 10.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Adoede
09-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Nate, the new skills are great. They really expand the possibilities for each of the three styles. Now we have a potential Rage build that doesn't run 10 10 Berserk :) Entangle is loads of fun (dual whips!) and Down and Dangerous seems to work pretty well too. Every member of my Adoede stable is currently re-training something or other and that is actually pretty exciting.

Now if I could just figure out how Hit and Run is supposed to work...(my power rage attacks about once every 4 rounds at rank 5)

Kreegan
09-02-2014, 10:15 PM
The Armoury still shows the old values for the repair cost reduction (although the new ones are certainly applied, my treasury can confirm it).

Nate
09-03-2014, 02:57 PM
The other drawback is that counterattacking glads still base the number of counterattacks on the amount you would have attacked without training hard to hit. Not sure if this second one is intentional or not.

That was a bug, it has been fixed. Please let me know if you continue to see it.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
09-03-2014, 02:58 PM
The Armoury still shows the old values for the repair cost reduction (although the new ones are certainly applied, my treasury can confirm it).

Updated. Thanks for letting me know.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
09-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Hey Nate, I have a blank tier 8 appear in the arena challenges. I take it it's not meant to be there because when I try and initiate a fight, nothing happens.

Nate
09-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Hey Nate, I have a blank tier 8 appear in the arena challenges. I take it it's not meant to be there because when I try and initiate a fight, nothing happens.

Actually you almost discovered the secret cow level! Congrats! ;)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

P.S. or maybe the truth is that that tier isn't ready yet and I fixed it! Thanks!

Apoca1ypse
09-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Hahhahaha.

....I really should play Diablo again :p