PDA

View Full Version : Activated Abilities Question

Isajij
08-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Does both gladiators activating abilities at the same time cancel one out? I had a case of a "Rampage" not doing anything when the opponent used "Strength of the Crowd" is that normal or just single time thing?

Dainoji
08-13-2014, 09:23 PM
There are offensive and defensive activated skills and they work independent from each other and do not cancel each other out. There are defensive activated skills like Create Distance that stop an attack and any activated skill it would have done.

oedi
08-13-2014, 10:18 PM
All of the four activated defenses get a chance to cancel all damage from an incoming attack. Create distance and surprise ending does it every time, and in addition surprise ending transfers that damage back to your opponent.
So this
"Rampage" not doing anything when the opponent used "Strength of the Crowd" is that normal or just single time thing? is normal and my guess would be that the chance for it to happen is about 10-20% for never say die and strength of the crowd.

Adoede
08-13-2014, 10:27 PM
I actually just saw a "Strength of the Crowd" defense negate all damage from a "Crippling Might" attack...didn't know Crippling Might could be stopped like that.

Kreegan
08-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Might be a display bug, sometimes armour deflections don't show when they actually happen.

Adoede
08-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Not sure about the armor deflection...I'll check next time

Alba Kebab
08-16-2014, 01:08 AM
Reread the text on crippling might, it is only A CHANCE to stop defensive skills from triggering.
So it's not 100%.