PDA

View Full Version : Trug or Dunder

Seventhunderz
08-09-2014, 04:23 AM
I have a defensive Dunder War, now at lv 30.
Has always used AM & shield.
Started out with 74-58-55-71-91-66-69,
bought him because I had seldom seen a slave with that kind of size.
Agility was so bad I knew I would have to go with Dunder or Trug.
Went Dunder for the damage.
64% wins now, but has been doing a bit better now that he's getting some defensive skills.
I've seen a few comments that Trug defensive Wars are a good choice.
SO, veterans, should I change this one to a Trug?
What would I gain, while loosing that extra damage?

Kreegan
08-09-2014, 08:20 AM
A nice chunk of extra Health and less bleeding. Bear in mind that both Dunders and Trugs have lower initiative than usual and with such a low base Agility, you are very likely to get beaten by the crowd in many scenarios, especially against gladiators who know how to handle super-slow tanks like yours. The high Size might compensate somewhat though. In general shield-bearers don't do very well with A&M weapons because the latter are slow and Strength-based, i.e. not exactly for a build which is supposed to be good at parries rather than hard hits.

Adoede
08-09-2014, 09:17 AM
IMHO - This is a fantastic glad for a non-HOL roll-up.

If you want to stay somewhat offensive, then Dunder is fine. If you want to be more defensive, then I'd go with Trug. Either way, he's good enough to be decently competitive in blood gods if you build/manage him well.

Seems like a great glad to experiment with War builds and strategies...

AM/Shield is fine if you hit back hard enough. Blade/Shield allows you to hit back more often...though that low agility may nullify that advantage. Both can be tuned to be effective.

Seventhunderz
08-09-2014, 10:55 AM
AM and Master of Arms are both now at 10, so I can try other weapons and combos. But today was his first with Master of Arms at 10 and he went 8 for 8 in arena.

Thor
08-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Well, yes, you can try out a lot of weapons, however you should probably just pick what suits your stats better. 74 strength and 55 agility really means you should not use polearms or blades, but axes or twohanded weapons!

The bigger advantage from master of arms is the possibility of fighting with a weapon skill of 10 after you got disarmed and picked up a random weapon anyways. (You might have to fight with a weapon skill of 0 otherwise)