PDA

View Full Version : Disarming

FrosteeFyre
08-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Hello there, I would like to ask a question about something that has been plaguing me for quite some time: Disarming

I see a surprising amount of gladiators disarming mine and I would like to dedicate one of my "Fight Strategy" slots to the re-acquirement of my weapon in combat. What I would like to know is, what is the best strategy for re-attaining your OWN weapon, as opposed to my gladiator just scooping up a stick off the ground and fighting with it or going at his opponent with fists only?

I don't know whether high AL or high BL would be better or worse in this situation, or do they impact the % chance that your glad will pick up their weapon at all?

Hoping to hear from you knowledgeable Pit Masters soon, thanks!

PS, *mandatory rhyme* It's quite alarming the amount of disarming going on in my Stable :P

Apoca1ypse
08-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Im not sure, but if activity/bloodlust had an affect, I would go high activity + low bloodlust.

I think the consensus is that higher intelligence is what gives a better chance of picking up your weapon.

Kreegan
08-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Activity and Bloodlust have nothing to do with getting back your original weapon as far as I know, this is related to Intellect, Luck and probably something else (the initiative might play a role for instance). Dumb gladiators pick the wrong weapon from the arsenal lying on the arena floor fairly often while more intelligent ones have a higher chance to get back their own or at least something they can use. Of course, situations where a gladiator with 110+ Intellect pick something he is completely incompetent with are anything but uncommon.

Also, two-handers and pole arms gladiators are in general more vulnerable to disarms because they can pick any weapon while one-handed weapons users never pick 2H weapons.

FrosteeFyre
08-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Very interesting, thank you both Apoc and Kreegan, really appreciate your answers, blast, I suppose my 2-handed rage (who is stupid as a rock, I might add) will have to suffer fighting enemies who disarm with a wooden spoon every fight xD

Was worth a try asking though, there's so many subtle tricks and tips that can improve your glads, I'll keep your guys' advice in mind when I go to purchase my next glad :D

Apoca1ypse
08-02-2014, 06:20 AM
There is plenty of gear out there that can give a small INT boost along with nice helpings of the more important stats. With 90 int, being disarmed shouldnt be the end of the world. Higher level glads also fair better at picking up the right weapon, so if your guy is having trouble, but only lvl 30, dont stress :)

Falk
08-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Had a very funny fight yesterday regarding the disarmed issue.

Fought against a theatrics with signature move. My glad Elanya got disarmed at the beginning of the fight and picked up the wrong weapon. A few rounds later she got disarmed by signature move again and this time she picked up her initial weapon =)
She got disarmed a third time in this fight but picked up her own weapon again. Finally won after disarming the theatrics ^^

I have to agree that being disarmed and taking the wrong weapon alone can lose you a fight pretty fast. Having a way of working around this issue, by increasing certain stats, having skills for this etc would be a nice thing. There are several solutions for stuns, knock outs and knock downs, but except the i am disarmed trigger I cant see other ones for being disarmed.

Kreegan
08-03-2014, 02:47 AM
Disarms are mostly problematic for two-handers. Dual-wielders still keep their second weapon and generally have a higher chance to find something they can use from the ground, even if they fail to pick their original weapon. As mentioned, extra Intellect and Luck will help you mitigate the disarmament to a decent extent.