PDA

View Full Version : New Update 7/7/2014: New Level Cap, New Items, New Arena Challenges, New Skills!

Nate
07-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Greetings Pit Masters!

Another update will hit the Great Realm very soon! Please see below for all the details!

NEW LEVEL CAP
The level cap has been raised to 55!

NEW ITEMS
100,000 new items have been added!

TIER 7 ARENA CHALLENGE
That's right, a new tier has just opened and is ready to test your might!

NEW MYSTERY TIER 6 SKILL
Each specialty will be receiving a new tier 6 skill soon!

TIER 2 SKILL CHANGE
Tier 2 skills now require at least 5 points in Tier 1 (weapon) skills. Too many players weren't training their weapon skill which as many of you know is not a good idea. If you have a gladiator with less than 5 points in weapon skills and have already put points in Tier 2 skills your gladiators will keep them and use them, however, before a gladiator can continue training Tier 2 and beyond they must have 5 points in Tier 1 skills.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
07-07-2014, 04:34 AM
NEW LEVEL CAP
Neat :)

NEW ITEMS
Got more details on this? More Chamber of Power legendary with different stat distributions?

TIER 7 ARENA CHALLENGE
Now the countdown to beat this tier begins

NEW MYSTERY TIER 6 SKILL
Ooh, Intriguing! Will the skill points available also increase? It could also open up more options for hybrid builds

TIER 2 SKILL CHANGE
Neat little idea there :) I'm still surprised that people wouldnt even level up to 5....

Flash
07-07-2014, 04:44 AM
wow sounds awesome, but there is a little problem with the specialties. now you can just skill one specialty, because of the tier 2 skill change

Nate
07-07-2014, 04:51 AM
wow sounds awesome, but there is a little problem with the specialties. now you can just skill one specialty, because of the tier 2 skill change

Damn, I didn't even think about that. Nice catch. Maybe we'll make it where gladiators just need 5 skill points total to unlock them instead of 5 skill points in the specialty. Let me finish my meal and I'll try and fix this up. :)

Apoca1ypse
07-07-2014, 05:02 AM
I love how proactive you are Nate :)

EDIT: Will there also be achievements added for lvl 55 and completing arena challenges?

Kreegan
07-07-2014, 05:23 AM
The update broke my dungeon run but the changes seem to be worth it. :) Especially the new level cap and the new skill.

ahroun
07-07-2014, 07:03 AM
LOL i had the same question about the 5 points in wapons skill because i have skills from another trees
i hate the new skill "coming soon", is killing me!!! i wanna know the new abilities XD
btw. will the new weapons have new images too or are only more bonuses and extra weapons/armors for the new five levels (50-55)? I think the game should have more ilustrations (glads images should depend of the race you choose cos are only human images)
i know this game a couple years ago, i think the you have the right formula to keep a good balance and new and good updates. congratulations nate :D

ahroun
07-07-2014, 07:05 AM
sorr for repost but. are you considering change the "retire" requirements? because we can now reach levels higer than 50
have a nice day and good luck in the pit

Kolodis
07-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Mixed feelings about the new secret tier 6 skill. It's cool and all but...you've completely thrown my evil plans out of whack lol. Good to see you're always looking to change up the game, Nate!

Adoede
07-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Was just getting used to the old system too :) But I love all the new changes, Nate - though I think it will mainly make the HP monsters that much more difficult to defeat (lookin at you Ahhnold). Will currently equipped legendary weapons receive the level boost to 55 as well or will we need to acquire new weapons again?

Prinny
07-07-2014, 05:16 PM
* The next tier will unlock when Belca Noctircus is level 51.

Unknown
Chance To Train 0%
???
???
???
Rank 0/10
Passive
Requires War specialization.
Requires 90 trains in previous War tiers.
Coming Soon...

Why you little troll...:p

Apoca1ypse
07-07-2014, 08:38 PM
though I think it will mainly make the HP monsters that much more difficult to defeat (lookin at you Ahhnold)

I'm totally OK with this if it happens :) It's still a bit touch and go with the huge HP, and the ever present threat of KOs

And derp, all the new items will probably appear once we start going up levels, and not before

Adoede
07-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Honestly, since the last balancing pass, my speed theatrics are having a tough go of it - almost never beat 2H rages now unless they get a lucky KO...and Heavy wars are always a handful.

I wonder about the new tier 6 skill also requiring 90 skill points in lower tiers. Does that mean we'll have to choose between one of the two tier 6 skills now? Or will Nate make a way for us to be able to have both of them together?

Adoede
07-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Well, that's interesting...my level 50 glad just found a legendary item in conquests that he doesn't meet the level requirement for. I guess that means we'll all be re-gearing everything to eventually get lvl 55 legendary gear.

Apoca1ypse
07-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Honestly, since the last balancing pass, my speed theatrics are having a tough go of it - almost never beat 2H rages now unless they get a lucky KO...and Heavy wars are always a handful.

Speed builds are still a handful. Ahhnold lost 4 fights in a row vs Arrrrr Pirate (speed rage) to end up 2nd in last month's blood games.

Well, that's interesting...my level 50 glad just found a legendary item in conquests that he doesn't meet the level requirement for. I guess that means we'll all be re-gearing everything to eventually get lvl 55 legendary gear.

Neat! :)

Nate
07-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Will there also be achievements added for lvl 55 and completing arena challenges?

Yes, they are in the game now.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
07-07-2014, 11:45 PM
Why you little troll...:p

I've been called worse! Probably by many of you while reading your fights or training! ;)

Nate
07-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Will currently equipped legendary weapons receive the level boost to 55 as well or will we need to acquire new weapons again?

Just as with previous levels, each level over 50 will have its own set of items.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
07-07-2014, 11:48 PM
sorr for repost but. are you considering change the "retire" requirements? because we can now reach levels higer than 50
have a nice day and good luck in the pit

No sir. Gladiators may still retire at level 50 if they would like to as long as they still meet the other requirements.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Adoede
07-08-2014, 10:58 PM

UPDATE: The armor piece ended up being a level 51 legendary with an armor value of 234!!! +16 agi, +18 sta, +74 extra damage, +52 kill rank, +80 extra bleed

Looks like a whole new ballgame coming up folks...

Apoca1ypse
07-09-2014, 12:56 AM
WOW! I assume that heavy armor?

Also mmmm, Ahhnold needs more goodies. Please tell me that there is a sword with similar art to this

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131011234025/conan/images/c/c4/Atlantean_Sword.jpg

Kreegan
07-09-2014, 03:26 AM
Sounds interesting, but... the gap between the current Blood Gods gladiators who have managed to find the super-items and reach lvl 55 and the new entries in the bracket will start growing again. Especially considering that the XP requirements to get from lvl 50 to lvl 51 seem to be about 65% of the XP needed to get from lvl 1 to lvl 50.

Apoca1ypse
07-09-2014, 07:01 AM
You say that, but interestingly, my gladiators in Maximus have more XP than my Blood Gods gladiators. I dare say that they will be entering Blood Gods at around level 53 or so, and that's kinda neat :)

Kreegan
07-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Not sure that I follow. You mean that the gladiators in the lower brackets have received a XP boost so they can pick up?

Apoca1ypse
07-10-2014, 12:40 AM
Not sure that I follow. You mean that the gladiators in the lower brackets have received a XP boost so they can pick up?

No, simply that my gladiators in maximus/primus have more XP than my BG glads (Ahhnold and Bruce). I think its because they're getting more fights (and wins) in those brackets, so they're earning more XP than Ahhnold or Bruce.

Dainoji
07-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Another awesome looking update Nate! Those mystery skills have my interest! :)

Sotc
07-18-2014, 05:08 AM
Lvl 51 chamber of power gear is slightly more expensive in terms of trophy cost (by 1-2) and appears to be quite a bit stronger (+30 armor for med armor). Additionally there is a mix of lvl 50/51 gear available instead of purely lvl 50 gear like we have had.

702525 exp total for lvl 52 so it looks like its about 20k increments between levels.

Adoede
07-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the info SOTC. I don't know how you're already at lvl 51 - my closest guy is still 90,000 exp away. Hats off to you, mate!

Apoca1ypse
07-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Just hit lvl 51 with Ahhnold. I notice that there's more gear that is juiced in 1 or 2 stats opposed to a spread, which is nice too see, Now to find the right ones...

Also, Ahhnold has a new weapon as he decided it's time to GET TO DA CHOPPA!!! :)

Pit Lord
01-25-2015, 02:44 AM
The most important change (in my opinion) is that the level 55 items and the general increase in health will reduce the importance of the quality of the gladiator stats since it will make less portion of the overall "bulk of stats". This will give better shot of the "small" gladiators to compete. As example Thunder Lips has 437 stats and Ahhnold has 591 stats. If they are to fight each other Ahhnold has roughly 35% more stats which put him as favorite even if he doesn't use very precise strategy. Thunder Lips has chances only if she happens to manage to hardcounter Ahhnold. With level 50 items Ahhold would have around 1000 stats and Thunder Lips would have around 846. Now Ahhnold is still ahead by default but his advantage in stats is around 18% which greatly improves Thunder Lips chance of winning a fight against Ahhnold. With level 55 items Ahhnold would have around 1200 stats and Thunder Lips around 1046 stats. In this case Ahhnold advantage in stats is further decreasing to 14% and Ahhnold has to be a little bit more precise or Thunder Lips will caught him off guard :).

Apoca1ypse
01-25-2015, 05:42 PM
The most important change (in my opinion) is that the level 55 items and the general increase in health will reduce the importance of the quality of the gladiator stats since it will make less portion of the overall "bulk of stats". This will give better shot of the "small" gladiators to compete. As example Thunder Lips has 437 stats and Ahhnold has 591 stats. If they are to fight each other Ahhnold has roughly 35% more stats which put him as favorite even if he doesn't use very precise strategy. Thunder Lips has chances only if she happens to manage to hardcounter Ahhnold. With level 50 items Ahhold would have around 1000 stats and Thunder Lips would have around 846. Now Ahhnold is still ahead by default but his advantage in stats is around 18% which greatly improves Thunder Lips chance of winning a fight against Ahhnold. With level 55 items Ahhnold would have around 1200 stats and Thunder Lips around 1046 stats. In this case Ahhnold advantage in stats is further decreasing to 14% and Ahhnold has to be a little bit more precise or Thunder Lips will caught him off guard :).

You've explained that far better than I ever could. I think you are bang on the money. While gear is having a power creep, it reduces the need to have the perfect base gladiator. Lips has been kicking a lot of ass lately, and I think its a combination of stat disparity being reduced, and some great management by Dain :)