PDA

View Full Version : A question from a newbie

Borgzum
06-26-2014, 04:35 AM
Hello. My slave's name is Zamarraya. She has 72 agility, has a theatrics specialty with 5 skills in Exotic. I can't find an off-hand exotic weapon, neither as a reward from the tavern nor in the blacksmith. Is it just luck or there are no off-hand exotic weapons? If there are no off-hand exotics, what other weapon skill should I learn for the off-hand?
Second question: In the fight strategy, I have set Activity level to 10 and Blood lust to 10. But sometimes she makes no attacks at all in the first round. How come? She's supposed to "start flying all over that damn arena".
Thanks in advance.

Kreegan
06-26-2014, 06:59 AM
Greetings.

Regarding your first question - there are off-hand Exotics just like every other type of one-handed weapon in the game. You can find such in the Blacksmith, as a prize in the Arena (challenges or normal fights), in the Street Games, in the Tavern and so on. You're probably just low on luck. Note that there's no off-hand Trident, that's the only exception.

To the second question - your activity level does not impact when your gladiator will act directly, this is determined by his/her initiative. If the opponent has significantly higher initiative than your fighter, the latter may not get an attack for round 1 (some heavily loaded Wars act during round 3-4 at the earliest). Also, if you run a defensive strategy like Parry-Something, your fighter will attack less often and generally later in the fight than if you go for a straight-forward Slash/Lunge/Bash.

Coffeemancer
06-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Also regarding the no attack first round, if you click the "Blow-By-Blow" details for the fight it will show more than the default "Bone Crushing Highlights", so that, for example, in your fight against Destrtoy Beast you actually did make an attack in round one which failed.

Borgzum
06-26-2014, 10:40 PM
Thank you for taking the time to look up my slave and answer the questions :)