PDA

View Full Version : Conquests!

FrosteeFyre
06-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Hello fellow Pit Masters!

I wish to seek the advice and expertise of all you great Stable Masters on the topic of CONQUESTS.

They are the single-most enraging aspect of the game for me, I keep grabbing 4 allies with insane stats like 50:1 W/L ratios alongside my best glad (currently lvl 23 with mostly blue gear, a few new-level pieces of green gear) and try to do a Normal-mode Conquest (about one a day, I do them last, after my Tavern and Black Market runs, after I lose them I rage-quit).

I usually beat the 3 mini bosses (The 2 big butts, that Snivler guy, and Face Peeler) in 1-2 tries (usually my team runs out of stamina on the first run and do better the 2nd time around) and then I start trying to beat the final boss with anywhere from 10-16 minutes left for my Conquest, I lose to him 4-10 times and I run out of time resting, constantly, every single day.

I pick the best teams I can possibly have (no Blood Gods accepted my Friend Requests, so I can't use any of their HoL stuff, even so I get really good glads for my team) and yet I can never beat the last boss, my team always runs out of stamina (the last Conquest I ran today's stamina stats were: 81, 78, 87, 86, 79 (me)).

Here's a few strategies I've tried:

-Going full dps, lots of big strong Ragers on my team to slaughter the enemy before we stam out (of course with the enemies' ridiculously high hp and speed, we lost)

-Going passive/tanky/high hp team, we could never out-stamina the enemy team and after 10-17minute fights, lost to the final boss

-Just picking the best possible teammates to ally with. Still lost.

I've used the entirety of my PoW knowledge (which isn't a whole lot) into trying to beat Conquests, I still am unable to beat Normal-mode with my lvl 23 gladiator, is there some secret to it? Or do you just need a team of 5 HoL to beat Normal and up?

Sincerely,

~A pained FrosteeFyre

Adoede
06-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Hi Frostee, let me see if I can help ease some of that frustration.

First of all, even if blood god level managers were to accept your friend requests, you can't team with them in conquests anyway because the level difference is too great between your glads and the blood gods glads. Once you get to level 50, then you can use those sorts of allies.

As for beating conquests, I usually don't even bother trying til my glads get to level 50...don't have the time.

That said, this is the general team make-up that I've found to be most effective for my conquest runs:
2 Speed theatrics built for Knockout
2 2H weapon Power Rages with lots of endurance to do the main damage
1 War Tank to draw enemy attention and give the offensive glads time to take out the opponents.

Whatever glad I use, I try to fill out the rest of the team to those general guidelines.

With this makeup, I am usually able to finish most Nightmare runs.

Keep in mind that the mini-bosses change their weapons and armor every now and then and some iterations are nearly impossible to beat...even with the very best glads in the game. Other times the weapon/armor/strategy combos for the mini-bosses render them very easy to beat. Just luck of the draw there, I'm afraid.

FrosteeFyre
06-26-2014, 09:17 AM
I must just be very unlucky in that case, I think I'll wait until I get some lvl 50 glads and have more general game experience before playing around with Conquests anymore (I just lost an Easy Conq, and died a little inside xD), regardless thank you for your response :D

Dainoji
06-26-2014, 10:25 AM
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but if you are losing on easy, it has nothing to do with luck or conquests being too difficult. Nobody should be failing on easy. Honestly, you shouldn't be failing on normal either. Without knowing more about your gladiators' strategies, and build and those of the allies you are choosing I can't offer too much help. Some obvious answers to your questions would be to skip the rest timer if you find you are running out of time or pick up the memberships that speed up healing. Even without those you should still be able to make a successful run though. Also keep in mind just because you grab a gladiator with a good record it might not mean much at the lower levels. Do your homework, find the top stables that have glads in your level range and use them if possible. You'll then be sure they are managed properly. Keep trying different ally combinations as well. If you can't find a good team, run the gauntlet instead and see how you do there. Bottom line, if you are really failing that often in conquests on easy and normal you should spend some time getting your strats and build set up correctly for your build and level first by using the pit fights and arena and then search for good allies.

I scouted some of your glads and Thorin is WAY, WAY under geared. He is level 27 and is still sporting level 3, 5 and 8 gear. I bet an armory gray level 27 arm would be better than that level 3 green he is wearing. Same issue with Thorik and I'll assume any other glads you are running. Thorik is using a level 12 blue hammer but he is level 24. I'm pretty sure a level 24 green hammer would do more damage. He also has no off-hand weapon...

You need to gear up my friend. Go to the Blacksmith and buy greens if you have to. Wearing gear half your level or less is only going to cause you grief the higher and higher you climb. As a general rule I would keep all your gear within 5 levels of your glad and of course once you hit 50 get all your gear to 50 unless you find a sweet level 48 or 49 piece.

EDIT: I just took a look at Thorin's skills...they are all over the place. Why do you have 3 skill points in all weapon skills and then 6 skills points in Axe & Mace? Thorin then has 3 or 4 skills points in a lot of skills instead of pumping them up to 8-10. Skill power increased exponentially, so a few skills at 8-10 is much more powerful than a lot at 3-4. Pick the type of weapon you want to use and from this point forward spend all your training points on that skill until it is at 10. Use trophies or hold down the "U" key and unlearn all the other weapon skills. I don't have time to get into it more right now, but basically your glads need a huge overhaul. Best to start now. When I have some more time I'll try and comment further unless there are any kind managers that read this that want to pick up where I left off. :)

TL;DR Your gladiators' builds are very sub optimal and they are also very under geared.

Dainoji
06-26-2014, 10:44 AM
http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?2134-Theatrics-Guide-for-New-Players

Read Sotc's Theatrics guide for a good primer for your Theatrics builds.

FrosteeFyre
06-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Ack, I don't play that account often, and that stable is NOT the one I use in conquests, look at my main stable: Frostee Fyre. Although I appreciate your tips and advice on how horrible my Nagolls Fate stable is, that is a really old acc I just recently came back to, I agree I need to upgrade, but I don't see anything majorly wrong with my Frostee Fyre stable that they should be losing Conquests so completely.

FrosteeFyre
06-26-2014, 11:15 AM
If you want, I can link my Baratheonus' fight strat as well as Snivler's if you'd like to look more in-depth to maybe see what's wrong with them?

Dainoji
06-26-2014, 11:26 AM
You have the same problems with your other stable. Poor builds and under geared. Start thinking about getting skills up to 8-10 before moving on and keep all your gear within 5 levels of your glad. Baratheonus is using gear 10+ levels lower than him and has the same problem of lots of 1's, 2's, 3's and 4's for skills. Same problem with Snivler. Under geared and bad build. Everything I said in my first post stands true for all 4 of your glads. You seem to think lots of low level skills is good and you wasted training points in all the weapon skills presumably to open up the next tier's skills sooner. This isn't really helping you. There is a skill cap of 100 so you'll need to unlearn those 1 point skills. Go back and read what I wrote above, then go and read the guides. Really READ them. Then go to the blacksmith or grind for green gear for your level. While doing that dump all training points into your weapon skill until you hit 10. That should take you enough time to read the guides and better understand what is going on. If you still have questions I'll do my best to help.

FrosteeFyre
06-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Just to let you know, I do appreciate all your help and advice, I have gone back and re-equipped my Thorik and Thorin and used all their available training points to untrain the previous skills to focus on their main wep skills (sorry about Thorik's helm, haven't found a good replacement yet). I'm now working on Baratheonus and Snivlez, updated their gear as well (sorry for Baratheonus's chest, no suitable replacements yet) and also allocating all their points to untraining useless things as well.

I should explain my training set up: I just joined this forum so I had no idea the importance of rushing wep skill to lvl 10, it was all my gamer instinct to just make as many pts as possible and get as far down the tree as possible (which works in almost every game, save this one). I was at first remiss to "waste" 5 points to get 1 point in wep skill, but I know it's worth it now.

As for the gear, I'm a bit of a hoarder, so I like to hold onto my cash and rarely go to the Blacksmith (just to repair usually) and get most of my gear from Tavern/Arena/Gauntlet, but now I'll be checking Blacksmith daily (along with my free refresh so I can gear both my glads per day).

Thank you for the help, I'm really dedicated to making my Gladiators great, with your advice, I think I'm on my way. :)

FrosteeFyre
06-26-2014, 12:36 PM
I plan to have Thorik, Thorin, Snivlez and Baratheonus fully geared (appropriately for their level) within the next 2 days, and around that time to have their skills fixed too.

I can't wait to fix my gladiators and see their improvements in the pits, thank you for your advice!

FrosteeFyre
06-26-2014, 12:48 PM
As for their fight setup:

Baratheonus: 79, 78, 92, 74, 74, 85, 83 (lvl 23)
Snivlez: 82, 61, 90, 57, 67, 71, 60 (lvl 15)

Baratheonus fight strat:

1) Start: AL: 6, Slash, Head, Head, BL: 6
2) I am Very tired/more: AL: 2, Slash, Torso, Head, BL: 2
3) Opponent is War (for those annoying tanks): AL: 2, Parry-slash, weapon arm, head, BL: 3
4) Opponent is Rage: AL: 7, Slash, Torso, Head, BL: 6

Snivlez:

1) Start: AL: 10, Slash, Head, Torso, BL: 10
2) I am moderately Tired: AL: 7, slash, head, torso, BL: 6
3) I am very Tired: AL: 3, Slash, torso, torso, BL: 3

What do you think? Given that I am now in the process of re-gearing and skilling them?

Dainoji
06-26-2014, 09:31 PM
I saw your glads completing conquests in the chat window. Looks like you are on the right track now! :)

Coffeemancer
06-27-2014, 08:49 AM
A quick note on triggers, for Snivlez you have 2) moderately tired & 3)very tired. My understanding is that trigger 3 will never activate this way, since 2 would always be active when 3 would trigger.

FrosteeFyre
06-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Oh, is that how it works? I figured when the specifications for 3 were apparent, that it would take priority over 2, whoops, I'm most likely mistaken!

FrosteeFyre
06-27-2014, 10:17 AM
I'll get rid of 2, in favour of 3, that'll be more help to me, I'll probably find a better one anyway, still haven't looked at all my options

Pit Lord
06-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Yes. It should be:

1) Start: AL: 10, Slash, Head, Torso, BL: 10
2) I am very Tired: AL: 3, Slash, torso, torso, BL: 3
3) I am moderately Tired: AL: 7, slash, head, torso, BL: 6

... to be possible to use all rows.