PDA

View Full Version : Item attribute bonuses

Kreegan
06-05-2014, 02:18 AM
The mechanism that generates the "price" of the attribute bonuses that each item provides has been more or less clear for some time - Size is expensive, Chi is cheap, the price inflates with the increase of the bonus of one particular attribute (for instance, +20 Strength seems to cost about as much as +10 Strength, +10 Agility and +10 Presence on a single item) and so on. Today however I stumbled upon something... weird.

Equipped weapon:

http://s28.postimg.org/r9ml3wesr/Equipped_weapon.png

Blacksmith weapon:

http://s30.postimg.org/kdegll3mn/Blacksmith_weapon.png

On top of it, what the Blacksmith sells is 1 level weaker.
Speculation: There is more than 1 "generation" of items, following different pricing schemes. Not sure if the item bonuses are created automatically (with some "item generator"), or Nate makes each and every one of them manually, but the above example doesn't look quite right.

Prinny
06-05-2014, 04:25 AM
Sorry Kreegan but I can't view the pictures. Maybe you can try uploading them to tinypic or something to post them instead?
Also on that note I've seen blue items with more uniform stats compared to purple ones for example: +x strength and stamina on the blue with a really high number compared to purples with alot of +4-10's all over the place. Kindof what you see when looking at most orange gear.

Kreegan
06-05-2014, 09:57 PM
The essence is - my gladiator has a lvl 48 War Staff giving +10 Strength, +13 Agility, +6 Attack Power and +7 Defense, while the Blacksmith sells a lvl 47 War Staff that gives + 10 Strength, +12 Agility, +13 Presence, +15 Attack Power and +17 Defense.

Alba Kebab
06-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Some purple lvl47-48 items have always had better stats than their lvl50 counterparts.
The trade-off is in the lower dmg/armour value, and it's really a personal choice which you think is more worth it.

Kreegan
06-06-2014, 01:29 AM
Nope. Minor differences are possible but nothing of that scale. And none of the above items is lvl 50.

Prinny
06-06-2014, 03:26 AM
I remember Laharl wielding an off hand lvl 44 purple bastard sword because it's stats were great compared to the lvl 50 ones, These items have been there for ages so I don't think generations have much to do with it.

Apoca1ypse
06-06-2014, 08:40 PM
I remember Laharl wielding an off hand lvl 44 purple bastard sword because it's stats were great compared to the lvl 50 ones, These items have been there for ages so I don't think generations have much to do with it.

I've noticed this too. In fact, Some of the best "regular" blacksmith purples for 2H rage comes from lvl 45 (and doesnt get shown to a lvl 50 glad :P )