PDA

View Full Version : Strength, Stamina and encumbrance

Kreegan
05-28-2014, 08:50 AM
For some time (months...) Strength seems to have no impact on the overall encumbrance of a gladiator, at least as far as the encumbrance bar in the Equipment section of the stable is concerned. Today I swapped one War Chain giving +5 Stamina, some Chi and... something else (not Strength) with another War Chain giving +11 Strength, some Chi and Attack Power and the encumbrance level of the gladiator in question went up by 1% (51% to 52%), which is the opposite of what should happen I believe. I've noticed similar behaviour before - Stamina reduces the encumbrance according to the bar while Strength seems to do nothing in that regard. Is this just some incorrect display of the values or there's a bug related to these two attributes and encumbrance?

Nate
05-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Encumbrance is based on a gladiator's carrying capacity and ability to sustain the load vs the amount of weight they are carrying. Carrying capacity is a function of numerous variables with varying weights, strength is but one of those variables. Other attributes also factor into this. Not all the abilities of each attribute are listed, just as not all the info about each aspect of the game is written down. Some thing are left for each player to discover and add to their toolbox. I encourage you to play around and see how each attribute affects encumbrance keeping in mind not all variables are created equal. ;)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
05-29-2014, 11:41 PM
That's good to know, still the relevant description (or lack of description) of certain attributes creates some confusion if what you observe is one of the unannounced aspects of the game or a bug. Hence this thread. Thanks for the answer.