PDA

View Full Version : Question on game etiquette

Coffeemancer
05-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Today after the Elite top ten battle something happened which got me to post this. About forty minutes after, a glad who was a participant challenged me three times, without most of his gear on, making it so that I was moved up to Juggernaut section, and out of the Elite top 10. I looked, the same was true for two other glads (fights 1428 to 1433 in arena). Is this bad game etiquette, or just a part of the game that I hadn't thought of? At least I got to chuckle when my glad killed him in one of the challenges :p

Dainoji
05-20-2014, 09:30 PM
I'd say anytime somebody tries to lose on purpose it is bad form. In the case you bring up it is managers gaming the system. A long time ago in a galaxy far far away when pit of war was new not all the brackets were unlocked. Nate added achievements for winning the top spot and keeping it for 7 fights. This was a good idea at the time because it was impossible to move up a bracket because they had not been unlocked yet because the game was still new. Now that all the brackets are unlocked it is hard to be in the top spot and win 7 fights without moving up to the next bracket. This has led to some managers gaming the system and losing on purpose so they can get that achievement. Others simply want to push a certain glad out of the bracket so they won't be in the battle royal anymore if they have proven problematic. Nate should probably take a look at the throne achievements since the environment of the game is very different now than when it was created. Keep the achievement in there but change the requirement to get it so it doesn't encourage this type of behavior.

Prinny
05-21-2014, 05:49 AM
I've done this on numerous occasions although it usually ends up with my glad simply overpowering them and lowering the glad by 2k points so I can hold the #1 spot more easilly for those 7 fights. When I do it I always send a mail explaining it to the manager though and apologising if it's an excessive amount :p

Usually those glads end up getting the undisputed title aswell as the fights on #1 don't get reset straight away and sometimes they do get pushed out of the top 10 and onto the next bracket. To be honest I have no remorse about this either as Dain pointed out it's a harder achievement to get these days compared to how it was in the past and there's no way I am going to pass it up if I can get it by challenging the #1 gladiator down (or up) to improve my chances of obtaining it drastically.

Coffeemancer
05-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Thank you for the thoughts on this. I had only thought of the weeding out the competition for the top ten battle, I forgot how it could be a try to stay at #1 ranking for the 7 battles. I think that trying that strategy in Elite bracket isn't too likely to work, still pretty large swings in standing based on a single win/loss, but after the duels he sacrificed he was at #1 so it seems that he was trying it.... but since this thread started he must've faced enough challenges & won to lose that #1 spot, now climbing the Juggernauts.

Pit Lord
05-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Pushing a gladiator into the upper bracket by using the challenge option and losing matches with or without gear is a bad manner :rolleyes:.

The reason can be various. Last time this happened I decided to ask and the reason was my gladiator won the pit fights thus reducing the chances some other gladiator can win it, finish in top 3 or whatever. The manager got pissed and kicked my gladiator to the next bracket ...

Pushing gladiator down from 1st spot to whatever lower position by beating is completely good manner :D.