PDA

View Full Version : Stats

Esimene
04-02-2011, 11:32 PM
How much do the stats items have give to the overall offence ability ?

currently i have a sword with 47.3 dpr and +1 def an alternative would be 38.8dpr and +2 attack power

in addition my fighting style is fast paste offensive so +2AP should suit me better, but then again 8.5dpr is a huge upgrade so i'm using the better dpr weapon

then again the + abilitys made me wonder how they work and what should i choose if the dpr difference was only a little

Team Kaos
04-03-2011, 05:44 AM
You will always see better results from weapons and armor with stat bonuses. But you will also see benefits from heavier armor at the cost of less agility and getting tired faster.
Consider the gladiator style you are building when choosing stat bonus gear.

Arkham
04-03-2011, 06:16 AM
From what I have seen, focus seems to be the key. Having a few +'s in each stat makes you mediocre at everything. Either, hit massively hard, or extremely fast, or out defense.

+ap and + defense are awesome, and come at the cost of no base stat increase. I think +1 str and +1 ap have the same effect in dishing out damage (only from observation, no supporting data). You can get a lot more attack power over strength, but then think of all the skills that raise easier if you have a high strength.

Team Kaos
04-03-2011, 04:37 PM
I think +1 str and +1 ap have the same effect in dishing out damage (only from observation, no supporting data). You can get a lot more attack power over strength, but then think of all the skills that raise easier if you have a high strength.

Raising strength absolutely helps out other stats, but when it comes to absolute damage results, stacking attack power over strength is the way to go. AP will bust through even the best armor and is cheaper to build then strength. And it works great for low strength gladiators that cannot stack enough Strength bonuses to be effective.