PDA

View Full Version : Fighting stiles

Esimene
04-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Hei,

I just started playing and I'm wondering about the matching weapon + style combinations
currently i'm using dual wield sword, but the confusing thing is that my main hand sword has "Piercer" in its name and off hand "Slicer", therefore logic dictates that matching styles should be Lunge for MH weap and Slash for OH weap, but the trouble is I have tried both lunge and slice and the combat log hasn't been yet conclusive to witch style is more comfortable

any ideas about one handed sword styles anyone ?

in addition i wanted to try and make a list of how i see the combinations should be by my logic:

Lunge:
Dagger/Kris
Pole arm/Spear

Bash:
1H / 2H maces
Staff
Shield

Slash:
1H / 2H axes
1H / 2H swords

feel free to comment on those combinations

Dainoji
04-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Ignore the name of the weapon, you want to look at the TYPE. If it is a "blades" weapon then you are most likely going to be fine slashing with it and lunging with it, but not bashing. Same logic will apply to "axes and maces", you'll want to bash with them. It gets a little trickier with the exotic and pole arms, so just look at the weapon and ask what you would do with it. There is some debate whether or not you should slash or bash with an axe, personally I bash with them.

Team Kaos
04-03-2011, 05:38 AM
And to add a little more (which is just what I do round here). Your choice of weapon should be dictated by the attributes of your gladiator, or at least you should strongly consider them when picking a weapon style. Each weapon choice has specific attributes that allow for the best training with it. There is a big difference between a level 5 and level 6 as is level 6 and level 7 and the faster you get to those levels the much better your gladiator will perform and you will be able to spend those skill points in other areas faster.

Arkham
04-03-2011, 06:18 AM
(oddly) Don't try and bash with that claymore!