PDA

View Full Version : fight strategy

GUY21
03-29-2014, 06:29 AM
is there a walktrought or some builds for fight strategy?

Dainoji
03-29-2014, 09:26 AM
what exactly are you looking for? Do you want guides on what triggers and settings you should use for a particular build? Apoc's rage guide (http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?657-How-To-Build-A-Rage-Gladiator-A-Guide) offers advice on fight strategy. I don't think I've seen anyone post exact strategies. Player's tend to keep that kind of info to themselves. Maybe if you ask some specific questions we can help you better. Who are your glads and I'll take a look at them and offer some suggestions.

GUY21
03-29-2014, 09:45 AM
i want to know for exemple if i use has event trigger opponent moderatly injured i want to know what would be best to put with it? i was looking for a guide that would say what is best with each event trigger... i got five fighters my main is chubb and rexemus.

Dainoji
04-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I took a look at those two glads and read some of their fights. I obviously can't look at your strategies but I can read clues in the fight report as to what they are and are not doing. Let's start with Chubb.

As far as I can tell Chubb is not using Berserk. That is the bread and butter of a rage glad and if you aren't using it you're not using one of their big advantages. I would disable all his strategy rows and then focus on the first one using berserk. try something like 8/8 berserk aim and defend wherever you want. If you do well, bring it to 9/9 and then maybe 10/10. If you start passing out lower it. Once you are comfortable with that add some new triggers. You might use the endurance triggers. Say you start at 10/10 berserk and then when slightly tired drop to 8/8 something like that.

Rexumus is using an unorthodox build. This isn't a bad thing but it is a challenging hybrid. Being a war glad and going for GV in the threatics tree means you won't get some of the best defensive skills available to War. I see him using a shield yet he has no skill in shield and has not picked up MoA. He also doesn't seem to be using any defensive fighting styles like tank or parry-x variants. Going for GV means you must be thinking he'll be an offensive war glad and he's going to try and bleed out his opponent. This might work but war glads have a slow swing rate especially if you use tank or parry-x. If you want to use a shield you need to start training in MoA. This is better than training shield since MoA will let you use any weapon later if you want.

If your idea is to stack bleed damage on the enemy and hide behind your shield and armor as he bleeds to death you're going to need to use a strategy where he is very active at first to stack the bleed damage and then you'll want to trigger on something like opponent is slightly or moderately injured or one of the bleeding triggers and for the trigger you'll switch to defense using tank or parry-x. You'll want to play with it and test it. Be careful if you use the opponent is bleeding trigger because unless you have other high priority triggers in place Rexumus will switch to it on the first bleed crit you do which will put you on the defensive too early. If Nate added more bleeding triggers like "I'm bleeding a little/some/a lot" that would help this kind of build. You could also try using the odd/even round triggers and every other round you go defensive. As you can see hybrid glads are harder to manage. You first need to decide what your idea is for him.

Why don't you tell us what you have in mind for these two glads. How do you imagine they'll be once maxed out?

Nate
04-06-2014, 10:04 PM
If Nate added more bleeding triggers like "I'm bleeding a little/some/a lot" that would help this kind of build.

From time to time I think about new triggers that would be useful and not overpowering. This suggestion looks like it might be a good candidate. If anyone else has other suggestions feel free to let me know. I'll start a new thread as to not hijack this one.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-