PDA

View Full Version : Review a noobs stable, advice wanted

Black Peter
03-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Ok Pit vets, if you'd be so kind as to take a moment and review these gladiators comprising my stable and let me know where I probably went wrong in regards to Specialty choices, races, etc. I'd be much obliged. Remember I basically created them and made the selections without knowing diddly squat about the game mechanics, so am quite sure I made some mistakes. Be nice to get some input and start learning the ropes now. :)

Stable: Minglewood

1) Ifindi - Human War
70-67-75-70-75-72-74
Blades - currently DW

2) Tsorm - Human Rage
67-71-77-67-78-66-66
Axes&Maces - currently DW axes

3) Jazzy Mae - Elaar War
71-65-80-67-77-55-73
Blades - currently DW

4) Erkel - Urk Rage
75-67-56-75-82-60-73
2H

5) Mime - Snivler Theatrics
80-73-79-62-58-60-62
Blades

Not sure what else to put in there as they're not all that developed yet. Working their weapons skills up to 10 quick as I can though have added some other skills from tree on a few as well. But weapons skills are priorities on them. Just looking for general advice on what could have been better specialty choices for the rolls and why. I've read guides now and mined other info from postings, but still a mite confusing all in all. for instance, wasn't really aware that a WAR was more the spec for a generally defensive type. Any comments appreciated as have a long way to go and much to digest and learn.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and about the whole "friends" slot things. Do folks generally just throw out a friend request at random or what? Obviously don't know anyone so just sending out a friend (ally?) request seems odd to me. but, probably should start making use of these 11 slots I imagine. Probably help in Gauntlet/Conquests and what-not. :)

Apoca1ypse
03-27-2014, 06:00 PM
I dont have time currently to check your stable and see the skills youre spending points on, but at a glance the only issue I see is that #2 has really low str and should have been using blades.

as for #1, I'm not sure about DW blades, but then again, I'm no expert on War glads :P

Just keep working on those weapon skill trains and work from there. My suggestions for the second skill to train are:

Rage: Sunder armor
War: Death from Above
Theatrics: Gratuitous Violence

This is basically to give you some extra offensive abilities, as defence is pointless before lvl 20 imo.

Black Peter
03-28-2014, 04:45 AM
I agree on #2. Didn't really understand the correlations between the selection and attributes when he was created. May be selling him off if I see a decent slave hit the market.

Thanks!

Apoca1ypse
03-28-2014, 07:05 AM
fair enough. Alternatively, you can retrain him :)

Pit Lord
03-28-2014, 07:44 AM
1. Ok.
2. Need agility weapon (as said).
3. Ok.
4. Will be Ok when 100/100 rage tree (the last skill). Maybe he wan't be able to hit often enough due to low agi.
5. Axes/dunder/counterattack - the small size gives some defense bonus which can find some use.

I think most of the vets friend lists are full (the limit is 20).

Adoede
03-28-2014, 08:15 AM
I agree with what others have said about re-training #2 to blades.

Also, offensive dual blade wielding wars have not been as successful in the later game. If your goal is to retire these guys when they get to 1000 fights so you can access HOL glads, then I'd suggest keeping them in light-medium armor and taking some skills in Rage class and Theatrics class to boost their offense. The offense should get them to retirement just fine.

However, if you plan to keep these glads long-term, take a look at some of the most successful Wars in Blood gods - like Eleventwentytwo, Asatsuo, Arrrrrpirate, Belca, or Hubba. They represent the three main styles of War that have been proven to work.

As for friend slots - they're most useful when you're at level 50 and need allies to run conquests and gauntlets. Having vets as friends at the early stages doesn't actually benefit you since you can't use their glads in your conquest/gauntlet runs anyway (because of the level difference). That said, I've found that all of the vets here are very helpful and willing to lend a hand if you ask for help on these forums.

Good Luck!

Apoca1ypse
03-28-2014, 11:37 PM
As for friend slots - they're most useful when you're at level 50 and need allies to run conquests and gauntlets. Having vets as friends at the early stages doesn't actually benefit you since you can't use their glads in your conquest/gauntlet runs anyway (because of the level difference). That said, I've found that all of the vets here are very helpful and willing to lend a hand if you ask for help on these forums.

This ^^^

:P

Black Peter
03-29-2014, 07:28 AM
Ok, good to know about the WAR "limitations", but I imagine this first set of glads is mostly for learning purposes and if they do ok then fine, if not then no big deal. Probably will try and eventually retire them for HOL slaves as that sounds like the way to go. Some might be retired sooner than that. Guess time will tell. Thanks again folks.

Apoca1ypse
03-30-2014, 06:49 AM
exactly. learn what you can with your first glads so that your next batch are kicking ass and taking names from the get-go.