PDA

View Full Version : Hemorrhaging gold like crazy

Apoca1ypse
03-13-2014, 08:51 PM
Over the past 2-3 month, I have found that I am constantly broke, and have issues affording armor repairs. At first I assumed that it was because Bruce Willis was just being a money pit by losing so much and picking up injuries, but this season has all of my glads above 60% w/l yet I'm having even more trouble than before. The other change is has been 2 more legendary pieces to fix (one for ahhnold, 1 for willis) but things are a little bit silly. I'm doing tavern runs now to earn some extra gold (I didnt 2 months ago) but I dont have the time to do all the black market stuff on top of that. I've started to use trophies on occasion to try and get everything fixed up, but that just gets me a day or 2 breathing space before im up shit creek again, and feels awful.

Is anyone else in blood gods experiencing this problem?

Alba Kebab
03-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Now you know how it feels, haha.
I ran hubba with an extra purple piece last season just to save on repair costs when I was too busy to pick up enough income.:p

Adoede
03-13-2014, 09:55 PM
I've noticed that my gold supply is slowly dwindling as well...and I only have partial orange gear on my glads.

Don't laugh, but I've thought about just running 4 blood gods glads and 1 "gold farmer" glad to compensate because my glads in Primus make a ton more money than the ones in blood gods. I was just going to keep retiring that 5th glad every 1000 fights and start again...

Kreegan
03-13-2014, 10:28 PM
With a fully upgraded Armoury, the repairs are bearable. The injuries eat piles of gold every day though. I suppose a fully upgraded Doctor will fix that to a large extent but I'd rather see some decrease in the frequency that they trigger. 5-6 serious injuries per fight is a fairly common sight these days.

Other than that, if you have at least one gladiator outside Blood Gods, the finances shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Prinny
03-14-2014, 01:35 AM
Don't think I've ever had problems with goldcosts on my stable (Than again it's always been fully upgraded)
This does make me wonder though so I guess I will have a look, got 4.754.625 gold atm so I wonder how much it will be dwindle (or increase) compared to tomorrow

Cynaidh
03-14-2014, 03:22 AM
I believe i make about 175k gold a day on BA Gold that is 6/6 armory, 4/4 doctor, 1 accountant, and all memberships. AB Gold makes less per day with the difference being it has 2/4 doctor, that 80% chance of free injury heals seems to be a real money saver.

Apoc since your here, hows the chances to 2 handers? Was considering swapping Dolph over to 2h before he comes over to blood gods, but have been waiting to see how you think they are doing now.

Sotc
03-14-2014, 05:11 AM
I've taken to running tavern/conquest at least once a day for the gold boost. Its a positive gold gain as long as you don't ID anything. I also swapped resurrection to the trophy option to prevent huge swings in the gold pile.

Vertigo
03-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Don't laugh, but I've thought about just running 4 blood gods glads and 1 "gold farmer" glad to compensate because my glads in Primus make a ton more money than the ones in blood gods. I was just going to keep retiring that 5th glad every 1000 fights and start again...

+ all the free trophies from arena challenge ;)

Prinny
03-14-2014, 01:42 PM
4.770.592 gold after having done all their fights and a few conquests + done 55 black market fights with Asatsuo, haven't touched tavern runs at all though.
So for a team of 5 gladiators with a total of 31 orange equipment pieces and 8 purples at lvl 50 with a fully upgraded stable im still making money atm even without doing everything I can :p

Apoca1ypse
03-14-2014, 05:20 PM
I've had a fully upgraded stable and about 20 vault slots for the past 18 months or more. That aspect isnt an issue/factor.

Prinny, after the gauntlet was released, i sunk most of my gold in to them, and was sitting at 100-200k ever since. I never really built back up because I had 2 struggling glads (jackie and sly) and 1 doing ok (willis). I then sold jackie and sly, and willis started doing much worse. I then started to lose gold more rapidly once i picked up a few extra oranges. I think things are just noticible/exasserbated because I no longer have the cushion of 4 million gold

SOTC, that's a good idea (bit excessive, but good) and I hadnt realised that had become an option. I'll see how things go now that I've changed that.

Cyn, 2H seems a little better, but Ahhnold's w/l increase i think that's partly due to my team. Ahhnold has gone from ~62% to 72%

Pit Lord
03-14-2014, 10:07 PM
With fully upgraded stable and doing tavern/pit fights I see the gold always increasing.

Alba Kebab
03-14-2014, 10:38 PM
The w/l rate of your glads does factor into how much you are spending, as well as how many non-leg equipped glads you have to balance out the leg geared ones who are eating up the repair costs.

If you have more leg geared glads and they aren't winning much, watch out for your gold.;)