PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Folks! ^_^

Grimm357
03-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Hello PoW Community!

I'm new to Pit of War (obviously :D) and with the exception of a rather non-existent playerbase, I am enjoying the game thus far.

I go out of my way to find Browser-based MMOs/games, and if it doesn't seem to be too much of a cash-cow (P2W, P2P), I set forth seeing how far I can go as a F2P player.

That being said, please keep that in mind when suggesting things or providing advice/insight!

I'm going to provide as much information as I can about my current progress as well as what I have been doing. I'm merely posting this thread for reassurance and direction.

My Gladiator(s): Updated On: 3/13/14 at 6:09 PM

1) Ryzac

Level: 15
Record: 39-19-1
Bracket: Elite
Specialty: Rage
Race: Human
Health: 477
Endurance: 75
Arena Challenge: Tier 1- Nightmare
Attributes: 75/72/75/74/73/74/74
W/ Bonuses: 79/73/76/74/73/74/80
Class Approach: (2H Rage, been following the nice guide by Apoc posted here)
Fighting Strategy: 3/Bash/Torso/Torso/3, 4/Killshot/Torso/Torso/4.
Allocated Training Points: No flippin' clue D:
Current Skills: Level 8 Two-Handed Weapons

(I've been focusing solely on that skill and will continue to do so until it's 10)

Equipment Overview:

TEW: 21.3 (13% Encumbrance)
BD: 62-94 (78.0 dpr)
Buffs: +11 Attack Power, +4 Defense, +17 Health, +1 Endurance

Block Rank: 12/1000
Ex. Dmg. Rank: 10/1000
Life Prot. Rank: 14/1000
Bleed Prot. Rank: 5/1000

Trophies: 0
Gold: 15,000
Stable Upgrades: 1/4 Barracks, 3/6 Armoury, 2/x Vault Slots

What I have been doing to progress:

I've been running the Arena when I have tokens.
I've been completing each Daily Pit Event
I've been completing 20/20 tasks each day. (Only been playing 5 days? xD)
I've been farming The Underbelly Conquest on Easy/Normal (Although, since hitting level 10 I have not been able to defeat Zanul on either difficulty...??)
I've been farming The Gauntlet on Normal (13 squids away from my first Street game :D)

What I have not done yet:

I've yet to purchase a new slave. I'm not sure what I want my second gladiator to be... (I have a post below pertaining to a potential slave I may induct; need further advice before deciding)

My Current Goal List:

1) Obtain x/3 Undertaker levels w/ Gold
2) Complete a Trialpay offer for the Accountant Complete!

I'm not posting this thread for help with my Rage Gladiator, although any suggestions/insight are greatly appreciated.
I'm more or less trying to feel around and see whether I am doing all I can with my restrictions (F2P), or if there are other methods I can implement to further develop my Gladiator(s) that I have neglected/not discovered.

Sorry for the wall-O-text... just trying to be as informative as I can.

As I stated above, all insight, advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated! I look forward to reading replies and conversing with the reputable veterans that still reside here.

ATTENTION: Moderator(s), if I have posted this thread in a section not best-suited for it, I apologize and kindly ask that you send it to wherever it belongs. I didn't feel this was solely Rage discussion, hence my assumption that it goes in General...

P.S. Grimm, you're entirely too long-winded, please shut up! >_>;

Cynaidh
03-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Hi there Grimm, welcome to the Pits! Let me see if i can answer some of these for you.

Is there a way to not fail your training rolls? Or is that just an implemented measure to make sure the grind to lvl 10 in a skill is tedious and time-consuming? It's not a big deal either way to me, I am just curious if some of those failed training points could have been a success had I done something differently.

Nope they are going to fail especially going from 9 to 10 (you'll only have like a 5% chance at the end for each .1), its a time sync! But yes getting your weapon skill to 10 is one of my first priorities always.

I've yet to purchase a new slave. I'm not sure what I want my second gladiator to be...

I'd grab one and not even worry about the stats, just try a different style out, it will make you more gold then it cost in a few days if that, then its just making you gold till you find a slave in the slave market that you want. Speaking of that if you see one above 950g i'd take a really good look at it, even to replace your original slave, if you see one in the 1000-1050 range its a very rare slave.

Grimm357
03-12-2014, 12:40 PM
I'll have to wait until my slaves refresh. The only decent one costs 885 Gold, the stats are as follows: 60/65/65/50/80/82/66.

Unless that's a pretty good roll, and someone can suggest the best path for that Gladiator to take?

Prinny
03-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the game(forum) and stuff! It's 2 late here for me to make or read a long post so...meh :D
I wouldn't get that 885 gold glad, the stamina is waaaay to low

Seventhunderz
03-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Ryzac's 517 total attribute points are as high as I've seen, good gladiator. You'll be hard pressed to find his equal in pure points in the Slave Market.
It's fun doing as suggested, get whatever gladiator has some attribute to suggest it as War/Rage/Theo, pick a race with something to help the attributes, and have a ball.

Grimm357
03-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Ryzac's 517 total attribute points are as high as I've seen, good gladiator. You'll be hard pressed to find his equal in pure points in the Slave Market.

I'm slightly confused, and would like clarification! I was under the impression (Yes, I assumed...) that starting gladiators all had a set attribute amount and allocation?

Are you informing me that if I were to create another account and choose Rage for my first gladiator again that the stats would differ in amount and allocation?

If that's the case... it'd really burn my buns if there is also a way to change your initial gladiator's race prior to creation..... X_x;

Nate
03-12-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm new to Pit of War (obviously :D) and with the exception of a rather non-existent playerbase, I am enjoying the game thus far.

Welcome to the Pits! Glad to hear you are enjoying it. :)

I go out of my way to find Browser-based MMOs/games, and if it doesn't seem to be too much of a cash-cow (P2W, P2P), I set forth seeing how far I can go as a F2P player.

There are free players at all levels of the game. If you stick around long enough you'll be among them at the top.

Is there a way to not fail your training rolls? Or is that just an implemented measure to make sure the grind to lvl 10 in a skill is tedious and time-consuming?

The training system models reality. The better one gets at something the harder it is to get better. In the beginning a student can make large gains, but to go from master to grandmaster it takes considerably more time. Pay attention to the attributes listed on each skill as those also factor into the chance of learning it.

What I have been doing to progress:

I've been running the Arena when I have tokens.I've been completing 20/20 tasks each day. (Only been playing 3 days? xD)
I've been farming The Underbelly Conquest on Easy (Attempted on Normal with allies ranging from 10-12, took me literally 20 tries to finish the boss off. Was rewarded with an unidentified green item, so that eased my frustration xD!!)
I've been farming The Gauntlet on Easy (99% of the items I obtain are crap, so I have slacked off with the Gauntlet)

Compete in the Black Market's Underground Pit Fights each day. Your gladiators will earn gold and squids. Squids can then be used at the street games to win everything from more gold to items to trophies and more.

I've yet to purchase a new slave.

More slaves = more things to do = more opportunity to learn = more powerful gladiators = more gold = more fun = more equal signs = more slaves aaaaaand we're in a loop now.

I'm slightly confused, and would like clarification! I was under the impression (Yes, I assumed...) that starting gladiators all had a set attribute amount and allocation?

Shame on you...no two people in the world are the same. We are all beautiful unique snowflakes. ;)

If that's the case... it'd really burn my buns if there is also a way to change your initial gladiator's race prior to creation..... X_x;

All starting gladiators are Human as they are the most abundant in the Great Realm. You will have the ability to choose the race of all future slaves your stable purchases.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Adoede
03-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Hey Grimm,

I'd suggest you consider at least putting $10 into the game as it gives you some vault slots, a decent amount of trophies, and a week's worth of training buffs. You might not face it now, but soon your glads will be past level 11 and the dreaded death penalty will kick in. That means if your glad dies in the arena, for the next 24 hours he will have ALL his stats reduced by 15%. It gets hard to advance in the game in later levels when this happens...and it's a lot less fun. You can get rid of the death penalty by spending trophies on an undertaker in your stable upgrades.

Putting any amount of money into the game also gives you an accountant that doubles your money earned...also useful...and almost necessary to make it in blood gods where repairs cost ~20,000 per day/per glad.

You can stick with free play if you really are committed to that idea - and you'd still get plenty far in the game...but it will be much harder and likely test your patience with (and appetite for) the game in about three months.

Good luck!

Kreegan
03-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Blood Gods (the end game) pretty much demands you to spend some $ on the game if you want to maintain decent performance, can't really imagine how can one manage without a fully upgraded Armoury and nothing less than half-upgraded Doctor at the very least, except maybe if you spend 24 hours on the game or have godlike luck. Guild memberships are also pretty much a must from one point on. Neither of these are incredibly expensive in the long run but... yeah, not free either.

Grimm357
03-13-2014, 06:57 AM
Wow, great feedback everyone! Very insightful!

Adoede: I'm not opposed to spending a few bucks on a game I like, I love supporting the games I play and the developers behind them.

That being said, I will progress normally until I hit an impenetrable wall.. no matter how tempting that special offer is :P

287 squiddies! >.< So close :D

EDIT: New slave shipment, still have yet to purchase another... I prefer quality over quantity so I am prepared to run Ryzac as a one-man army until I get a suitable slave roll...

Anyways.... here are the ONLY candidate (I've edited the other two out.. they looked awfully sad...)

980 Gold = 84/63/82/69/65/68/57

This one definitely peaked my interest.. but I am unsure if it's a nice stat spread and what race/specialization it would be best suited for.

Again, if it's a common slave pull, I will pass. Unless someone strongly urges otherwise?

EDIT #2: I've done some browsing over each skill tree for Rage, War and Theatrics. I'm thinking the Str+Agil of slave #1 would make for a decent Theatrics gladiator?

The type I am unsure of, and as far as a race goes, I can't decide between picking one to make up for lacking attributes, or one to bolster the dominant attributes?

EDIT #3: I've updated the OP, take a look if you please! :3

Again, I apologize for my being long-winded, I am simply enthusiastic about PoW and always try to obtain as much knowledge as possible AND take an advantageous and tactical approach to my gameplay xD!

Seventhunderz
03-13-2014, 02:35 PM
If a much better slave turns up you can always sell one to make room for him/her.
If I went Theatrics on #1, I'd probably bolster, that agility with a Snivler, try to ride the initiative, agility & strength.
Focus on Presence bonuses on equipment.
Might try a War with Axes & Maces or Polearms. Human would boost your attack, Urk would give some endurance(might help on heavy armor at higher levels) Elaar might also be interesting with these stats.

Grimm357
03-13-2014, 02:39 PM
All sound ideas, I will take them into consideration. I was leaning toward War or Theatrical, I already have Rage and the stats seem better suited for the other two. Thanks for your reply Seventhunderz! ^^

EDIT: 8 Hours left on my Slave candidate... need to sleep at some time xD

Please refer to the first and last post of the first page folks! :3

Alba Kebab
03-13-2014, 04:38 PM
That's quite good for a regular slave, unless you are specifically looking for something with a different stat distribution, I'd take that one.

Grimm357
03-13-2014, 05:25 PM
It's been decided... a Theatrical Snivler by the name of Karvech

Clever name eh? xD I'll be sure to let everyone watching this thread know how his development goes.

Preparing myself for a thorough reading of the posted Theatrics guide(s).