PDA

View Full Version : Remove minimum win requirement for BGPs

Apoca1ypse
02-26-2014, 06:49 AM
Im looking at how newer stables have been progressing and I'm noticing that they are beginning to struggle more more due to better glads having easier access to orange gear. IMO the equipment divide is widening, and making it even harder for newer gladiators.

What I would love to see is the 20 win requirement for full BGP winnings to be removed. Keep the 20 fights initiated requirement though, because that keeps people active, and prevents mooching.

This would let newly initiated glads, or currently struggling glads have a chance at getting better gear and being at less of a disadvantage on the gear side of things. IMO this would reduce the discouraging feeling managers would have when their gladiator gets into the bracket, which is doubly important for newer players. It's also not game breaking that they also get access to the gear because it still takes forever to accumulate.

Cynaidh
02-26-2014, 07:34 AM
Sounds fair to me, you need those BGP purple weapons and armor to have any chance at all (at least that's what i am seeing) and if the 20 wins a week is keeping them from getting them, I don't see how they would make any progress, which would be very discouraging.

Narol
02-26-2014, 07:53 AM
I agree with the analysis,but rather than the 20 wins requirements, that are not so hard to get if your glad is not too bad, I would rather suggest to remove the 1000/2000 ranking points requirement that are much harder to reach for new glads !

Adoede
02-26-2014, 08:04 AM
The current win requirement is actually 30 for full BGP points. And until the conquests became available, I had this exact problem with my glads. Now with conquests, if people select their teammates well they can get access to orange gear...though it seems to have gotten harder and harder recently.

Anybody know how many wins it takes in a week to get 1200 BGP's per week?

Apoca1ypse
02-26-2014, 08:27 AM
I agree with the analysis,but rather than the 20 wins requirements, that are not so hard to get if your glad is not too bad, I would rather suggest to remove the 1000/2000 ranking points requirement that are much harder to reach for new glads !

For now I think 1000/2000 requirements are fine. Im interested to see how things go with more gladiators simply gaining easier access to the Chamber of Power purples

Nate
02-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Gladiators wanting to gear up faster have access to the Gauntlet and Conquests every day all day with the ability to group with the top gladiators in the arena to help them. Not winning 30 fights a week in the Blood Gods bracket isn't holding anyone back that doesn't want to be. :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-