PDA

View Full Version : Slash vs Lunge

zbrojovka
02-02-2014, 08:11 AM
I have built a couple of bleeders. One is blades and one is exotics. I have been using multiple different blades/exotics for weapons and always on slash. Then I got thinking should I be selecting lunge for certain types based on how I would actually use a weapon.

So

Trident - Lunge
Epee - Lunge
Gladius - Lunge
Falchion - Slash
Dagger - Either

Is this the correct way of thinking of this or can someone help me with when I should pick slash over lunge and visa versa?

Alba Kebab
02-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Pretty much spot on.
Gladius seems fine with either too.

Narol
02-04-2014, 03:22 AM
All blades are good for both Lunge and Slash, even rapiers.

Lunge gives you an interesting bonus against heavy armors so it can be useful to use it against wars, when Slash gives you a bonus against light armor and then especially helps against rages.

Prinny
02-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Bastard Swords can even Bash, the crowd wasn't amazed when a "loyal fan" threw him a bastard sword and Belca bashed his opponents face in with it xD

FrosteeFyre
06-23-2014, 12:35 AM
I would like to know for my Snivler bleeder currently using dual daggers, would it be more advised to use slash or lunge for them? I know lunge increases armor pierce and slash increases dmg against light armor, but I am at the early game stage where I can't pick my opponents and am just fondling myself in the dark when it comes to fighting random fights

~Frostee~

Alba Kebab
06-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Stab with it, stab them in the eyeball!

Silverwing
07-30-2014, 04:41 AM
If you want a bleeder, best choice is exotics, as it gives a better amount of bleed. As for the strategy lunge gives bonus against heavy armor (Wars) and slash gives bonus against light armor (Rages). So you can play with the triggers! :)