PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

crow
02-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Playing around with my Presidents team and came across this guy

90-85-85-85-79-63-76

What do yall think I should do with him?

Prinny
02-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Buy it and toy around with a DW axes&maces Theatrics

crow
02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Buy it and toy around with a DW axes&maces Theatrics

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. In regards to playing around is right. Power theatrics are second to only 2hand wars in regards to worst performing glads in the game right now. Power theatrics used to be the best answer to speed glads, but now with most speed glads being Elaar's and thier critical effects bonus along with KO's stun enhancement the stacking of critical effects creates too many battles in which the opponent does not even land a shot. Personally the best way to curb this would be to crank Iron Jaw way up and take away the chance of critical effects. Then this game would see a balance of speed vs power glads. I am seeing entire stables utilize speed type glads now, and rightfully so due to their dominace right now.
As for offensive 2hand wars well they just suck right now and getting them to work I think would require some tinkering with the game engine. WAY too many rounds they just don't attack, even when the do not have any kind of critical effect. Toss in a knockdown and it is an automatic game over thanks for playing you can pick up your glad at the temple. A War's inability to get back up is just plain ridiculous.

Apoca1ypse
02-01-2014, 11:10 PM
2H war and 2H rage are both performing like poop. everything else is just too fast.

Alba Kebab
02-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Dunno bout 2h rage, but anyone see there's a 2h war in the BG top 10? :p

crow
02-02-2014, 04:44 AM
Dunno bout 2h rage, but anyone see there's a 2h war in the BG top 10? :p

The 1st 2hand war in the rankings is Belca at #17 right now. After that the next is one you will find is Bruce Willis at # 40. I'm sure you smart ass comment was in reference to Hubba Gubba who is a pole arms war which is completely different being agility based, totally different types of glad.

Cynaidh
02-02-2014, 07:44 AM
What you end up going with Crow?

Honestly with current speed meta we have I think I would have passed on it.

Alba Kebab
02-02-2014, 08:00 AM
Ok, my smart assery aside, Belca is actually DW now.

Prinny
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Last season he performed with a nearly similiar winrate so he would probably still be around that ranking :p
Those theatrics aint bad either crow, Yukimaru is doing fine though oddly enough seems to do better with DFA than with AR...Not what I expected

crow
02-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Cyn... I ended up picking up him up and making him a A/M theatrics. Gonna have fun with him.

Prinny.. Take away your 2 yuki & Belca there is not others around except Siam.

Narol
02-04-2014, 03:19 AM
Yeah, Siam still kicks asses and he is a A/M theatrics too !

Pit Lord
02-04-2014, 03:49 AM
Still nobody created the one man army war. The battle continues ... ;)

Kreegan
02-04-2014, 08:14 AM
The power Theatrics are quite fine, as are most of the Theatrics builds at the moment (nice offense and defense skills in the same tree, bleeding, counter-attack, what's not to like?). The 2H Wars suck just like most of the non-speed builds at the moment though, crow is quite right here. Blood Gods is too crowded with Agility spammers.

Prinny
02-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Belca is a war crow not a theatrics...you should know that^^

And really just Yuki and Siam? Interesting...Still that doesn't mean they aren't good, it just means that thye aren't represented enough! :D

crow
02-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Belca is a war crow not a theatrics...you should know that^^

I know he is, but when referencing him; I was speaking about him being the only 2hand war at the time in top 25. He is doing much better now as an A/M War.

And really just Yuki and Siam? Interesting...Still that doesn't mean they aren't good, it just means that thye aren't represented enough! :D

In regards to this, Yuki and Siam are the only power theatrics in the top 25. They are legendary geared out which makes a big difference. The rest of the power theatrics are at the bottom of the blood gods rankings. I do believe that higher level gear will make them more competitive and take some of the sting out the speed glads shots.
But as for 2-hand wars, Bruce Willis is fairly geared out and he is barely in the top 50. And the rest of the 2handers make up the bottom of the blood gods.

Another build I overlooked at performing very poorly is dual blade war. Foxtrot II is the highest ranked one at 52, personally I have seen the more geared up he gets the better he does and it is very obvious also. Plus I just have not seen many blade wars in the lower brackets. This build used to be a great overall build with no obvious counter build, but did not have an obvious advantage over other builds. Now it is not very popular, maybe it will change if a few get climbing up the rankings.

Prinny
02-04-2014, 02:38 PM
One of the main reasons that it was a good build was because it had both Create Distance and Hamstring, they can't have both of them now and going in the theatrics tree for hamstring means they can't get light as a feather to make proper use of the heavy armour. Gurren Lagann after fighting for 2 months in the blood games ended up with a mere amount of rating points of 765 or so which isn't nearly enough to get him some orange gear, I ended up sending him into retirement as fixing him up was more trouble than it was worth.

I got back Mr Champloo in his stead as I did enjoy Champloo alot...:p