PDA

View Full Version : Iron Jaw suggestion

Kreegan
01-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Happy New Year! :p

Right now this skill is very marginal - it supposedly protects against one effect which gets resisted fairly often even without it (Stun) and against everyone's favourite insta gangsta win Knockout, which is - for the most part - Theatrics-only special. From what I've seen, it doesn't even provide much of that protection and even when you train it to 10/10 on some gladiator, he/she will still get stunned and KO-ed on regular basis, about as often as the gladiators who don't bother with it.

On the other hand, there is no mechanism to protect your fighter against Knockdown, except maybe to make him/her a Dunder. Unlike Stun, the Knockdown effect almost never gets resisted, except if it follows Barreling Attack, in which case it triggers about as often as Stun. There was a sort-of discussion in another thread about how nice it is to have your gladiator crowling for several+ rounds (especially if he/she's War) and there was no consensus if this is too severe or not, so given that, the idea is to improve the resistance to Knockdown instead. Via Iron Jaw. The skill can ultimately protect against Stun, Knockdown and Knockout, without completely negating the chance for any of these to trigger. This will make it much less marginal and more attractive to pick.

Pit Lord
01-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Happy New Year!

Do you have any samples and %? Like % Knockout from 1000 hits in the head with Iron Jaw level 10 and without it, % stuns, knockdowns and more stats ;).

Kreegan
01-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Not at the moment because I stopped developing that skill on my fighters when I saw how little it does. Such "samples" will be hard to gather as you're probably aware so why not try for yourself and see first hand? :)

Anyway, the focus is on Knockdown, not so much on how inefficient is Iron Jaw in what it should do by design at the moment (although that also matters). Given that fighting prone is about as punishing as getting stunned (sometimes even more), I don't see why the Knockdown effect shouldn't get some chance to be resisted. Moreover, randomly triggering knockdowns are very common (and unfunny when they happen right after the first hit that your fighter receives) so having a skill to somewhat mitigate their impact will be welcome for many slow builds.