PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Gear Requirments

crow
12-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Nate,
The lowering of the rating requirement after each season has made it easier for some glads to get this coveted gear. But with so many glads posting sub 40% records in the division they will never meet these requirements, while the top glads keep getting stronger each season as they add a piece of gear. Kind of a downward spiral for the underperforming glads.

I know there needs to be a reward for the best, but still get other glads a chance to improve. One suggestion I have is create a sliding scale for the blood games points costs for equipment. The higher the ranking points the less cost of blood games points. Basically take away rating requirements for equipment and make blood games points the main objective. So a poor performing gladiator can have enough BGPs if he saved through the season to buy a new piece of legendary gear, of course he would need to meet basic requirements of initiating fights every week to get the valuable BGPs.

Now take a high performing glad and as his ranking points goes up, the cost of equipment goes down. Giving him the possibility of getting a few new pieces of gear in a season.

Just an idea,
Crow

Sotc
12-21-2013, 02:13 PM
I like this suggestion.

Kreegan
12-21-2013, 11:09 PM
With the current BGP price of the oranges, removing the rating requirement alone won't do much. A 2 months long season means 8 or 9 weeks (the current one is 8 weeks long). The existing system awards 1000 BGP if your gladiator manages to win more than 30 fights and somewhere around 800 if he's close to but below that score (not sure what happens if he's way below 30 wins). This means that he/she has to score 30+ wins each week to have 8000-9000 BGP at the end of the season. The cheapest orange pieces costs 7600 BGP (arm guards), the most expensive ones are above 10000 BGP (2H weapons). So if you fight for the whole season with the same gear that you used in the previous season (or Primus) and manage to win often enough, you get the chance to buy a single cheap orange during the last 1 or 2 weeks. This will not launch the score of the bad performers into the orbit.

On the other hand, the rating requirement as it is indeed keeps many fighters down. It is not as insane as it was before the last change but it sill keeps the lower half of Blood Gods behind a barrier which is quite difficult to cross and doesn't give them a chance to really compete with the top gladiators. Removing or reworking that barrier is something I certainly support.

Dainoji
12-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Seasons is not the only place to get legendary items. If you want legendary items or fabled purples run the gauntlet, pick the best gladiator you can to be your partner and use your gold. Does it take time, yes, does it cost 500K-2M gold per run yes, can you do it, yes. Can you do it for free, yes. Just the other day I read a post about someone hitting the 10 million gold cap, that's 5-20 potential legendary items waiting to be won and you can do that all in one day if you try. If you stop at the fabled purple prize you can get even more gear for your gold and sooner.

oedi
12-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Dainoji is absolutly right, the easiest and as far as im concerned the best way to gear up your glads is in the gaunlet. Its kinda slow at first and its possible you need to equip your glads in fabled purples first but as you get better gear the time spent on a run will go down fast. My personal record is 6 nightmare runs in an hour. Ive done this with both razael and 1122. Razael have 26 legendary pieces and 1122 a few less. The only thing you really need to get from blood gods are the weapons.

Apoca1ypse
12-23-2013, 07:15 AM
How the hell do you do so many runs in an hour. I can get 2 done in 50 mins if im rushing, but damn dude....

Prinny
12-23-2013, 04:16 PM
By resetting the cooldowns on the list of glads you can use apoc, though that isn't an option for players not using trophies :p

Dainoji
12-23-2013, 07:02 PM
By resetting the cooldowns on the list of glads you can use apoc, though that isn't an option for players not using trophies :p

Nah, you only need to do that if you want to run it with the same partner. To do 6 in an hour you would have to buy energy potions though. Not sure you really need to do 6 in an hour but it is impressive! Go Oedi!

oedi
12-24-2013, 12:00 AM
The speed clicking was for the most part to see how much I could get from the squid multiplier. The most important thing in the gauntlet is to find a good crew to run with and with the new reduced cooldown you only need 4 glads to rotate. To do it without thropies you need to set your timer on 45 min and just keep at it through the day.

1122 I usually ran with Aaaargh, bruce lee, razael and ranolva or sub37.
razael I usually ran with Aaaaargh, 1122, asatsuo, shichibukai.

Alba Kebab
12-24-2013, 01:44 AM
That sounds so... pro. :eek:

Sigh, I have much to learn....