PDA

View Full Version : One handed weapons

Team Kaos
03-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Just gonna throw this one out there. The obscene power that 2 handed weapons deliver even on heaviest of heavy armor is getting tiresome.
Just venting....300+ hits on the heaviest of heavy armor is quite annoying from 2 handed super slow weapons that seem to never miss.

crow
03-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes, I agree its frustrating when you have a gladiator who is over 100+ in agility getting hit by these slow bombs and they never seem to miss. Even more frustrating is when they beat you to the punch every time!!

Team Kaos
03-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Even more frustrating is when they beat you to the punch every time!!

I've come to accept the fact that a Rage gladiator will ALWAYS get the first shot in no matter the speed or agility level of an opposing gladiator attribute or weapon. But when that first shot is landing 300+ damage on high armor medium or heavy armor it only takes 2 shots to end it and you know that ball and chain is coming around again for another first shot in the 2nd rd.
Just seems an odd result that a slow 1 speed two handed weapon can automatically get that first swing in and usually be amazingly accurate with it....and rarely get deflected, dodged or blocked when a high agility War or Theatric can block, elude or at least deflect a small fast weapon from any gladiator including a Rage.

I've seen my guys fend off 10 swings a round from all types of fighters, but those 2 handed weapons get 1 swing per round and the high majority of the time they land with massive damage.

Arkham
03-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Stack over 200 defense and be a decent WAR tank, and expect hits of a mere 60-100... Still enough to KO you round one.

Arkham
03-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Just curious, are you wearing light armor when you face the 2 hander ? I've not explored reducing my armor capacity in my offensive warriors.

Team Kaos
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Just curious, are you wearing light armor when you face the 2 hander ? I've not explored reducing my armor capacity in my offensive warriors.

The only thing I have seen a reduction in armor do is allow the hit to amplify to outrageous damage, that's where you get the 600+ blasts. So instead of 2 hits, it will take only 1.
And again a hope that the encumbrance reduction pays off by allowing the gladiator to avoid every swing, when it is pretty likely a 2 hander is gonna land at least 1 mega shot per round. I have seen only one gladiator with the ability to avoid getting full brunt hits and that is Solstice.