PDA

View Full Version : Attack Power??

crow
12-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Okay this question is for Nate, but I am open to discussing this with anyone. I have been playing this game for a long time and can tell you what every attribute does along with the bonus stats. But the one stat in this game that I have not been able to wrap my head around is Attack Power.

I have wondered what is does exactly. I have loaded up glads with over 400 attack power in the past and showed no difference in damage. Does it get past good defense better, hence lowering the opponents defense?

Nate
12-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Okay this question is for Nate

I have no idea how to play this game, I just make it! ;)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
12-07-2013, 09:39 PM
From what I've seem, Attack Power = ability to penetrate the opponent's Defense. As for how it is related to damage... it seems tricky. By itself it doesn't seem to increase your damage output but then maybe the value of the opponents Defense comes into play. What I've noticed is that Brute Force (decreasing Defense) certainly increases the damage against heavily defensive styles while Blood Drunk (increasing Attack Power) doesn't do much in that regard (with the two skills trained in different fighters of course, both of which have Devastating Power).

Apoca1ypse
12-07-2013, 10:23 PM
My experience with Attack Power has shown that it increases your chance of hitting, but at lvl 50 I've found that it isnt that great. lower levels really benefit from increased Attack Power.

Alba Kebab
12-07-2013, 10:31 PM
I do remember when I last fiddled with attack power it improves initiative somewhat as well, dunno if that still applies now.