PDA

View Full Version : Initiative question

Lord Bane
11-19-2013, 03:09 PM
So basically i have this one Theatrics Glad.

He is still in the green so he should have no penalties.
His Agility is far better then any other glads i have met so far over 100 and he is snivler.

Yet sometimes he does not attack first even thought he has much better agility then his counterpart and is not encumbred because he is in the green this there should be no penalties.
So now i really would like to know why are sometimes much worse glads agility wise faster then me.

Even his activity level to start of is fairly high at 8 could someone enlighten me.

Pit Lord
11-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Because the most important factor is the weapon speed.

Lord Bane
11-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Because the most important factor is the weapon speed.

Alright i considered that already now right now he uses blades that would explain why sometimes claw and dagger users are faster but it does not explain why 2 handed guys sometimes attack faster while always having less agility.

Dainoji
11-19-2013, 06:14 PM
I've found weapon length also matters (cue size matters jokes :)) which is why 2H and poles can sometimes attack first. Your fighting style also matters along with your activity level and possibly blood lust. Very little in this game boils down to just one thing, everything is related. A gladiator using the fastest weapon and going tank or parry-X likely won't out jump the berserking rager with giant axes. Your presence attribute also is a factor in initiative as it can lower the other glad's initiative. Your best bet is to use the pit fights and gauntlet to test strategies and dial things in to improve your initiative.

Another thing that just occurred to me is if you are counter striking I don't believe you'll attack first since that style is a tit for tat style and you wait for the tit before you tat. It's been awhile since I've analyzed that fighting style in the current fight engine. Maybe someone else might be able to shed more light on it.

Kreegan
11-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Counter attackers never strike first after the big changes.
A note about encumbrance: being in the green doesn't mean that you don't suffer any penalties whatsoever as far as the initiative is concerned. Every extra percent matters so if you're 20% encumbered and you're fighting against an opponent who is 10% encumbered and the rest of your gear, strategies, etc. are the same, he/she'll still be faster than you.

Sotc
11-19-2013, 10:32 PM
There's an element of dice roll, especially vs 2H glads. I've had my agil set anywhere between ~270-300 and still gotten first-hitted by 2H rages, sometimes even two times before I make any actions xD

Though if 2Her's didn't have this chance it would probably be too unfair for them.

Narol
11-20-2013, 02:56 AM
As far as I know, initiative is mainly ruled by presence, activity level and % weight (+ a random dice roll), not by agility...

Agility and weapon speed matters a lot for your total number of attacks in the round, but I don't think they play an important role in determining who attacks first.