PDA

View Full Version : Shields

Team Kaos
03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Has anyone seen a major increase in defense by using a shield? For an item that carries large amounts of defense points I don't see it translate during a match. On the other hand, I do see defensive points within body gear and weapons pay dividends even when the defensive points are far less then what a shield has.

And to top it off even when deflecting blows with a shield...it doesn't seem to absorb very much.

Dainoji
03-22-2011, 01:57 AM
None of my gladiators are currently using shields but I notice less overall damage output when going up against them.

Warmonger
03-22-2011, 01:39 PM
I wasn't seeing much benefit to using shields either and I've stopped using them completely.

oedi
03-22-2011, 04:29 PM
My 2 youngest theatrics warriors i decided to make into defensive types with shields from the first fight. The only effect ive seen is that regular hits seem to do less damage than normal. Theyre a little side project so the will be stuck with their shields for the entire career. Of my 13 theatrics warriors these 2 are the worst, but ive seen improvement with some more skills, so it might work later in the career with some tweaking.

crow
03-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Of my 13 theatrics warriors these 2 are the worst, but ive seen improvement with some more skills, so it might work later in the career with some tweaking.

13 Theatrics!!! damn how many gladiators are you running? I have 10 total for 2 stables, and that seems alot sometimes.

oedi
03-23-2011, 03:22 AM
I run 14 gladiators total in 4 teams. last gladiator is a young war type also running defensive with shields, but ive not got any impression of how he will perform yet. So i used to run 14 theatrics.