PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic Question

Lord Bane
11-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Basically this is about Agility vs Str

If i run agility based weapons do i need to skill agility or str to do more dmg.

If agility based weapons do more dmg with agility then str is it better to take blades for a war with shield who is supposed to be a tank because agility also boosts defense or is there something with str i dont see.

Well thats it for now.

Prinny
11-02-2013, 12:02 AM
For a tank I think both are quite necessary, depending on your weapons choice (blades or maces etc.) I would stack more str than agi or more agi than str.
If you run agility based weapons the more agility tends to be the better, the same thing applies for strength based ones.

Lord Bane
11-02-2013, 12:10 AM
I see so if you would want to make a more hard hitting offensive glad that does not go mad on bleeding then taking a str based weapon would yield better dmg results seeing as it get the doublebonus from the stat itself and using the stat as amplifier is that about right?

Prinny
11-02-2013, 12:42 AM
That's pretty much what im saying yes, in terms of raw damage stacking strength and using a strength based weapon will yield more damage, Blades on the contrary can still pack a good punch but you will likely get to attack more hence improving your chances of hitting your opponent and inflicting more crit effects.

Apoca1ypse
11-02-2013, 02:09 AM
mechanics were changed to that agility was used for damage calculations for agility based weapons (before it was just proficiency to hit). strength still factors into it, but agility is more important.

for a war with sword and board, both str and agility will be important because you want strength to be able to carry your gear and agility to get damage and have better defense.