PDA

View Full Version : God dammit I can't believe this BS...

riggen
11-01-2013, 01:54 AM
So, that one night that I go drinking too much and pass out, thus not getting to do jack with my gladiators turns out to be the blood games invites day. .
Now I'll have to wait another god damned month to retire my final non hol, this is FRUSTRATING :(

Narol
11-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Blame yourself, blame the alcohol, don't blame the game. Over-drinking kills the mind and PoW is a mind game.

JerimyA5
11-01-2013, 03:40 AM
I feel you. The same happened to me for my first retiree. It would be nice to have a window of, well anything more than just one day.

Narol
11-01-2013, 05:21 AM
Technically, I don't see any reasons why gladiators couldn't abandon the Blood Games in the middle of them and indeed that would solve the problem for all in that situation.

However that would mean some developpement work from Nate to modify the way the Blood Games work to make it possible so I doubt that change may occur soon as he is currently very busy building conquests. We need to keep in mind that he is a one-man-team and that his time is precious !

Overall, PoW is designed to be played on a daily basis and not very suited for random casual play. It requires focus, organisation and self-discipline to be successful in it and logging in at least once a day is one key part. It's tough and demanding, but that's what makes it such and addictive challenge !

riggen
11-01-2013, 05:55 AM
Not that I'm blaming the game, I'm just venting and ranting like a whiney little bitch, lol.

Would be nice to have a window of more than 1 day..or rather make all blood games invites cost 1k gold, so that you have to opt-in rather than opt-out during the 1 day window.

Lunarion199
11-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Overall, PoW is designed to be played on a daily basis and not very suited for random casual play. It requires focus, organisation and self-discipline to be successful in it and logging in at least once a day is one key part.
That is true indeed; but missing one day out of thirty should not be so much punishing. Indeed it's the player's mistake to be ignorant/ unavailable on the very day; but it would really be great if the invitation system could possibly be improved further, if there is any way.

CryBabyBedWetters
11-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Overall, PoW is designed to be played on a daily basis and not very suited for random casual play. It requires focus, organisation and self-discipline to be successful in it and logging in at least once a day is one key part. It's tough and demanding, but that's what makes it such and addictive challenge !

I can't believe I'm falling into this gig, it feels so retarded to tell my friends about this game I play online that reminds me of diablo II because I get to build these characters picking their skill points and slowly making them stronger, trying to bring them up the ladder, and if i do all this other crap I can get a better gladiator to do it with all over again.

About that point the friend goes, "Are the graphics pretty cool?" ........... Well.... ugh.... there's some pictures.....

And there is no way I'll tell my friends how much money I've spent on this game, it still shocks me in the small ammount of time I've been playing. :/ And everytime I spend money on this game I think in my head, I'll make these trophies last, I'll makem last, but I don't makem last. :(

Prinny
11-01-2013, 10:47 AM
No offense but you kinda knew when the bloodgames were over and a new one would start so you should've made sure somehow to pull your glads out. That said maybe making it a 2 day thing would work like the last day and the first day of the new bloodgames or the last 2 days and so on.

Alba Kebab
11-01-2013, 04:13 PM
I can't believe I'm falling into this gig, it feels so retarded to tell my friends about this game I play online that reminds me of diablo II because I get to build these characters picking their skill points and slowly making them stronger, trying to bring them up the ladder, and if i do all this other crap I can get a better gladiator to do it with all over again.

About that point the friend goes, "Are the graphics pretty cool?" ........... Well.... ugh.... there's some pictures.....

And there is no way I'll tell my friends how much money I've spent on this game, it still shocks me in the small ammount of time I've been playing. :/ And everytime I spend money on this game I think in my head, I'll make these trophies last, I'll makem last, but I don't makem last. :(
If you are uncomfortable with the spending maybe try not to spend so much at first? this game has a big learning curve, and trying to get there fast by spending might be good for supporting the game(which I won't argue against), but if you are not learning the ropes properly due to your 'fastfood style' urges, then you are not really improving your strategy, and this is a strategy game.
None of the top managers are there because they simply threw trophies at the game without needing to understand strategy, and if you are not picking up or paying attention to the strategy part of the game, you will get frustrated and start thinking it's all about the trophies - it's not.

CryBabyBedWetters
11-01-2013, 10:48 PM
If you are uncomfortable with the spending maybe try not to spend so much at first? this game has a big learning curve, and trying to get there fast by spending might be good for supporting the game(which I won't argue against), but if you are not learning the ropes properly due to your 'fastfood style' urges, then you are not really improving your strategy, and this is a strategy game.
None of the top managers are there because they simply threw trophies at the game without needing to understand strategy, and if you are not picking up or paying attention to the strategy part of the game, you will get frustrated and start thinking it's all about the trophies - it's not.

I spent the trophies because I wanted to get a champ to the point where I could get an HOL glad, and I wanted it fast, as far as strategy making, I'm doing much better figuring out what strategy to use on my champs taking into effect of skills/attributes, encumbrance, how much armor they have, plus making better decisions on what skills to take considering attributes first.

The only part I was getting at is I'm getting into a game online that my I cannot get my friends interested in. As far as the trophy thing goes, I would just be embarrassed to tell them I've spent money on this game.

I'm a very impatient person and waiting for the next day just to get more points to put into skills/attributes makes me wanna keep spending trophies so I can get more skill points for the day.

Yea, strategy game, but trying to describe the fun in it to friends is about impossible.

And one other thing that I end up spending trophies for is equipment, keep trying different things, dont wanna take the time to save gold for all of it, lol. I've finally got a good set up on all my characters, what I think is a good set up anyways, but since they aren't level fifty there will still be better equipment for them later.

I got one to level fifty, but she's retired so I could get that HOL finally. :)

Oh yea, also spent trophies on all the stable upgrades, like doc and being able to have five glads and some extra vault slots, and undertaker and such.

And without spending trophies at all, just to get 1 character to level fifty with over 1k fights would take roughly 8.5 months, that's too long.

Prinny
11-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Actually it takes about 4-5 months if everything goes smoothly.
Without spending trophies you get 4 fights a day, multiply that by 30 and you have 120 per month.
For random encounters with other glads on average idd say you should look at 4 fights per month as a minimum also so that's another 120 per month.
That makes 240 per month in total, multiple that by 4 and you have 960 fights so you will "only" need 4 months and a week.

In terms of training points coz I feel like it, 4 from fights, 10 from tavern quests so that's 14 training points per day and wow now that I look at it Nate that amount sucks. :p
So multiply it by 30 you get 420. Multiply that by 4 and you have 1680. This is without adding the couple of training points you also get from lvling up.

If I remember correctly it takes about 1800 training points to max your skills out if you get really lucky. Lets add a 400 training points to that because it's almost impossible to have that luck. Hence it takes 5-6 months to max out a glad on skills with normal luck :p

Apoca1ypse
11-02-2013, 02:10 AM
14 a day is still better than the 7 we used to get in the old, old fight engine :)

I miss those days tbh.

Dainoji
11-02-2013, 02:53 AM
Actually it takes about 4-5 months if everything goes smoothly.
Without spending trophies you get 4 fights a day, multiply that by 30 and you have 120 per month.
For random encounters with other glads on average idd say you should look at 4 fights per month as a minimum also so that's another 120 per month.
That makes 240 per month in total, multiple that by 4 and you have 960 fights so you will "only" need 4 months and a week.

In terms of training points coz I feel like it, 4 from fights, 10 from tavern quests so that's 14 training points per day and wow now that I look at it Nate that amount sucks. :p
So multiply it by 30 you get 420. Multiply that by 4 and you have 1680. This is without adding the couple of training points you also get from lvling up.

If I remember correctly it takes about 1800 training points to max your skills out if you get really lucky. Lets add a 400 training points to that because it's almost impossible to have that luck. Hence it takes 5-6 months to max out a glad on skills with normal luck :p

Your numbers are off. You are forgetting about the arena token drops. I get at least two per day. It takes 3-4 months to fully max a gladiator running bare bones. About half that if you run memberships. If you want to speed that up even further you can run the gauntlet and play the street games with squids which often result in arena tokens as the reward.

Dainoji
11-02-2013, 03:37 AM
The only part I was getting at is I'm getting into a game online that my I cannot get my friends interested in. As far as the trophy thing goes, I would just be embarrassed to tell them I've spent money on this game.

At the risk of this coming across as a personal attack (which it is not) I think this needs to be said for your own good. Do you look for your friends approval for all of your likes and interests? Do you also let your friends dictate who you date and what TV shows you watch? Man up and be proud of your interests and hobbies. If your friends don't like them and judge you then they can go fuck themselves because those aren't real friends. Real friends accept you for who you are regardless of your idiosyncrasies and interests. If you are worried about what your friends might think of you because you spend money on something you enjoy then I dare say you might want to look for new friends and figure out how to stop caring about what other people think about you. I've gotten a lot of my friends to play this game even after they said they weren't interested in it based on the fact it wasn't a true "video game", one of them played for over a year after he got hooked.

Have you tried to get your friends into the game or are you making an assumption that they will not like it? If you are making an assumption why don't you instead allow your friends to make their own decisions instead of doing it for them. As far as being embarrassed for spending money on the game, should I also be embarrassed because I've spent money too? Am I somehow strange? Should people think less of me now? How about Prinny, Crow, Narol, Oedi, Apoc or all the others who have spent money on the game? Is this game less worthy than another game for some reason I don't know about?

Do you like the game? Does it provide you with enjoyment? Do you look forward to playing it? If your answer is yes to all three of those questions then you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

I apologize if this came across as harsh, but this is one of those life lessons where the sooner you learn it the better your life will be in the future. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed of your interests and don't hang out with people that judge you because of them.

Narol
11-02-2013, 03:45 AM
Dainoji is damn right ! None of my RL friends is interested in the game but I don't care and I prefer to spend my money on this independant game with depth and style than on stupid games like candy crush saga or even WoW.

Prinny
11-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Ah right the arena token drops, I completely forgot about those!
Still the basic numbers are correct though, the added tokens and so on only add to it taking even less time than I originally wrote! :p

CryBabyBedWetters
11-02-2013, 09:58 AM
At the risk of this coming across as a personal attack (which it is not) I think this needs to be said for your own good. Do you look for your friends approval for all of your likes and interests? Do you also let your friends dictate who you date and what TV shows you watch? Man up and be proud of your interests and hobbies. If your friends don't like them and judge you then they can go fuck themselves because those aren't real friends. Real friends accept you for who you are regardless of your idiosyncrasies and interests. If you are worried about what your friends might think of you because you spend money on something you enjoy then I dare say you might want to look for new friends and figure out how to stop caring about what other people think about you. I've gotten a lot of my friends to play this game even after they said they weren't interested in it based on the fact it wasn't a true "video game", one of them played for over a year after he got hooked.

Have you tried to get your friends into the game or are you making an assumption that they will not like it? If you are making an assumption why don't you instead allow your friends to make their own decisions instead of doing it for them. As far as being embarrassed for spending money on the game, should I also be embarrassed because I've spent money too? Am I somehow strange? Should people think less of me now? How about Prinny, Crow, Narol, Oedi, Apoc or all the others who have spent money on the game? Is this game less worthy than another game for some reason I don't know about?

Do you like the game? Does it provide you with enjoyment? Do you look forward to playing it? If your answer is yes to all three of those questions then you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

I apologize if this came across as harsh, but this is one of those life lessons where the sooner you learn it the better your life will be in the future. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed of your interests and don't hang out with people that judge you because of them.

Okay, for starts I don't have a whole lot of friends because I'll easily ditch someone if I find them not to be my friend, my friends are well picked, just because they don't like this game I'm not going to tell them to go fuck themselves. As far as this game goes, yea it's fun, it's just a little slow paced and I wish it was a little faster. I won't tell them I spend money on this game as it's a stupid thing to do to spend money on any game. I have no problem telling them that I play, but when playing games it makes it more fun if your friends play to.

For instance I play league of legends, fun game, friends like it, means we play together making it more fun. Not all of my friends are good at it and I believe I could be better ranked in it, but that doesn't matter so long as we are playing together.

Yes, this game I find interesting and fun, but it would be more fun if my friends could relate with me in discussing the game. It's not like we don't have plenty of other junk to converse about, but this game isn't a high priority as it's a game I play on my own. And since they don't have any interest I don't really have any room to discuss it with them. It's not a big deal.