PDA

View Full Version : Um... what's up with the arena battle outcomes?

Arundir
10-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Well hello there. I'm not quite sure if I'm right or wrong, so I'm quite hesitant about posting, but this has happened already one too many times so I cannot ignore it. It was kinda ok with other slaves that were not much, but I recently got this great one who has a great score that unfortunately gets "punished" by what seems to me as unfair defeats. Let me show you what I mean...

Note: This is the blow by blow view

As you could probably tell both gladiators are on low health, yet mine has more than his opponent, not to mention the opponent is bleeding... neither of them has low stamina, yet the bleeding gladiator with the much less healthpoints takes the match. Why? Is the enforcer high on something or is there something that I do not understand about how the game works? This has happened a bunch of times but this time I was just too annoyed to let it go. There are just so many times I can let it slip :P At least can someone explain to me what is wrong here? If my thoughts that I should be the victor are wrong, I'd like to at least know why.

Alba Kebab
10-30-2013, 03:21 PM
A few possibilities:
Your opponent was going to swing before you next round, and the swing would have killed you, so enforcer stops it and calls the match in your opponent's favour.
Your opponent either has higher presence, or grim determination skill trained, that made the enforcer lean in his favour when both of you are in critical health - even if his absolute hp is lower than yours.

But if it's happening to you a lot, then I guess your glad have low presence.

Some of the flavour text isn't just for show either, judging by the fact your opponent has a zealous fan run out to greet him at the end of battle, I presume the crowd just don't like you.(with your presence) :P

Arundir
10-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Well I don't know if that's the case really. I guess what you say makes absolute sense, but on the other hand I doubt it's the case. First of all, in the battle you just saw the opponent is a War gladiator, while mine is Theatrics. I don't know what's the range of stats when it comes to how you can see your opponent stats, but it doesn't seem to be something extraordinary. I mean it shows as "good" and my gladiator has 82 presence on lvl 11... so I actually think I have greater presence.

On the other hand, that explains some of the other cases of this incident. In fact it tended to happen on a War gladiator with indeed low presence. But I still find it unreasonable in this case.

Apoca1ypse
10-30-2013, 10:50 PM
its also based off the percentage of life left. a glad on 200/2000hp will be considered to be on lower health than a glad on 200/1700hp.

Prinny
10-30-2013, 11:30 PM
As apoc said it's also based on total health, Belca has over 2700 health now and lost numerous times with 600-700 health left.
Basicly the enforcer is an ass

Arundir
10-31-2013, 12:27 AM
While this is also understandable, if you check the screenshot my gladiator has higher "current health" and lower total health, thus by far higher percentage of health... It keeps making no sense xD But yes I agree with you, the enforcer is an ass indeed :P

oedi
10-31-2013, 12:53 AM
given enough fights you will see it all :)

ive lost fights with my opponet at 0 endurance, ive lost fights with my opponent at 0 health, ive lost fights when my guy has 10 times the health of the opponent all because the enforcer want to save my guy from certain death :(

All this means is that when your closing in to 0 health the dice start rolling, and to make those rolls in your favor you can stack presence and learn grim determination. Think those 2 are the most important factors to be able to stay in the fight long enough that hopefully the enforcer decides your opponent deserves to loose :)

Arundir
10-31-2013, 01:45 AM
Yeah... I haven't seen all the things that you described but I've seen some. I've been on the game (on and off) for almost 2 years but I'm still trying to figure out the details. The mechanics seem to be rather complicated, so the deeper I dig the more questions pop up...

Grim Determination you say... I was thinking about that but I was always unsure about it. Staying longer on the arena floor means that you risk more of being killed though?

And as a last question (even if this might not be the best place for asking something like that - and I apologise for violating the subject of the thread since we are no longer discousing bugs) since we cannot see any information on the skills other than a general description, how can you tell what the difference is between ranks? I mean to see good results you need to go all the way to 10 or is it worth spending your points on skills without maxing them?

Narol
10-31-2013, 08:20 AM
the efficiency of skills is quite exponental and there is a big jump between rank 9 and rank 10 so it's usually better to have 10 skills all maxed up to rank 10 than more skills not all fully matched... There may be a few exceptions for some very special builds but to really see the full power of a skill you really need to max it up to rank 10.

Arundir
10-31-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks a lot for the answers :) Cheers!

Alba Kebab
11-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Well, like Oedi said, it's still grim determination and presence that decides the Enforcer call. Not certain which one it is, but it's one of them or a combination of both.
(unless your glad has horrid luck?)

Flash
11-05-2013, 02:03 AM
weird decision from the enforcer:

Both warriors stare at one another before taking their positions!
R O U N D 1
>> THUNDER LIPS SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
>> SHICHIBUKAI LAW SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
SHICHIBUKAI LAW makes an off handed attack.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW leaps forward viciously thrusting his PRIMEVAL PIERCER OF THE BLOOD GODS toward THUNDER LIPS.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW looks to disarm THUNDER LIPS with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Disarm-)
THUNDER LIPS screams in agony as the strike causes her to drop her weapon!
THUNDER LIPS picks up a long forgotten CESTUS off the ground.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW pelts like wild fire around his opponent.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW deftly twists his PRIMEVAL PIERCER OF THE BLOOD GODS forward, executing a devastating thrust.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW looks to hamstring THUNDER LIPS! (-Hamstring-)
SHICHIBUKAI LAW smiles after the gigantic hit to THUNDER LIPS's cheek! (+251 Damage)

SHICHIBUKAI LAW speeds frantically around THUNDER LIPS.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW whips around with his off hand.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW makes a dangerously accurate lunge with his PRIMEVAL PIERCER OF THE BLOOD GODS.
Massive shot to THUNDER LIPS's collarbone...The grounds keepers are going to have to work hard to clean up this mess! (+123 Damage)
SHICHIBUKAI LAW sneaks in an off handed strike.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW looks to lance his adversary with his PRIMEVAL PIERCER OF THE BLOOD GODS.
Colossal strike to the back of the head. SHICHIBUKAI LAW's weapon can be seen protruding out of the forehead...must have missed vital areas of the brain! (+238 Damage)

THUNDER LIPS has taken some slight damage from this fight!
SHICHIBUKAI LAW charges forward, whirling his PRIMEVAL PIERCER OF THE BLOOD GODS in front of him.
Stomach is torn open by the mighty blow! (+123 Damage)
THUNDER LIPS runs uncontrollably around the arena.
THUNDER LIPS charges forward with a brutal knee.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW masterfully redirects the energy of the attack! (-Surprise Ending-)
Cruel strike to the side removes most of THUNDER LIPS's liver...don't worry, it'll grow back! (+156 Damage)
THUNDER LIPS has taken some heavy damage from this fight!!
THUNDER LIPS speeds around as if on fire.
THUNDER LIPS unleashes a ferocious uppercut.
THUNDER LIPS looks to seriously damage SHICHIBUKAI LAW's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
Massive blow punches a hole through SHICHIBUKAI LAW's chest! (+165 Damage)
THUNDER LIPS throws an awkward punch with her CESTUS.
THUNDER LIPS screams as her veins bulge! (-Adrenaline Rush-)
THUNDER LIPS gets tangled up in a web only she sees.
THUNDER LIPS looks to an off handed strike to deal damage.
THUNDER LIPS's PRIMEVAL DAGGER OF THE BLOOD GODS arcs toward SHICHIBUKAI LAW.
Someone from the crowd screams as SHICHIBUKAI LAW is hit in the shoulder! (+67 Damage)
THUNDER LIPS looks at the crowd as she runs around the battle field.
THUNDER LIPS looks to punish SHICHIBUKAI LAW.
THUNDER LIPS roars uncontrollably as she attacks! (-Rampage-)
Freakish slash to the back of SHICHIBUKAI LAW's leg almost removes it about mid thigh...blood sprays from the wound like a fire hose! (+614 Damage)

SHICHIBUKAI LAW winces as he is knocked off balance and sent to the ground!
SHICHIBUKAI LAW has multiple flesh wounds!!
R O U N D 2
SHICHIBUKAI LAW regains his ground and stands!
>> SHICHIBUKAI LAW SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 2
SHICHIBUKAI LAW makes a dangerously accurate lunge with his PRIMEVAL PIERCER OF THE BLOOD GODS.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW's attack lands on THUNDER LIPS's lower arm inflicting cyclopean damage! (+191 Damage)

THUNDER LIPS's arm might never fully heal!!! *** Serious Injury ***
THUNDER LIPS bounces and skips around the arena.
THUNDER LIPS attacks viciously with her CESTUS.
THUNDER LIPS's CESTUS connects with SHICHIBUKAI LAW's inner thigh creating magnificent wounds! (+165 Damage)
SHICHIBUKAI LAW sneaks in an off handed strike.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW thrashes his PRIMEVAL PIERCER OF THE BLOOD GODS forward making a devastating cutting attack.
Stomach is torn open by the mighty blow! (+132 Damage)

THUNDER LIPS has several wounds on her body!!!
THUNDER LIPS looks to an off handed strike to deal damage.
THUNDER LIPS's PRIMEVAL DAGGER OF THE BLOOD GODS bursts into a volley of vicious thrusts.
Bloody slash to SHICHIBUKAI LAW's side exposes several useful intestines! (+142 Damage)
SHICHIBUKAI LAW flashes uncontrollably back and forth.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW attacks THUNDER LIPS and looks to injure his adversary.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW's attack lands on THUNDER LIPS's chest causing monstrous injuries! (+166 Damage)

THUNDER LIPS pauses for a moment to catch her breath.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW looks to an off handed strike to deal damage.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW slashes about with his PRIMEVAL PIERCER OF THE BLOOD GODS.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW smiles after the cyclopean hit to THUNDER LIPS's shoulder blade! (+141 Damage)
THUNDER LIPS moves with unbridled energy.
THUNDER LIPS seeks to hurt SHICHIBUKAI LAW.
THUNDER LIPS's missed attack causes a wave of laughter to ripple through the crowd.
THUNDER LIPS decides to attack with the other hand.
THUNDER LIPS overruns SHICHIBUKAI LAW and attempts to cripple him.
SHICHIBUKAI LAW
THUNDER LIPS
356/1679
356/1679
13/1698
13/1698
95/104
95/104
63/87
63/87
Bleeding
Attack Power
Number of Attacks
51%

THUNDER LIPS looks to seriously damage SHICHIBUKAI LAW's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
Savage lunge above SHICHIBUKAI LAW's waist punctures a kidney and destroys all healthy tissue in the blades path! (+174 Damage)
SHICHIBUKAI LAW is pleading with the Enforcer to spare his life!!!
THUNDER LIPS yells in anger as the Enforcer saves SHICHIBUKAI LAW's life!
The loser is dragged out of the arena!
The fight lasted 15 seconds!

itīs not the first time i see something like this, but itīs annoying when this happen during the blood games.