PDA

View Full Version : Next Blood Gods Season

Nate
10-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Greetings Pit Masters!

The new season is almost upon us and I would like to hear from you on what you would like to see.

For now the plan is to expand to 5 patron gods which means smaller teams (about 13 gladiators per team) offering more variety in who you will fight and when creating the teams I plan to start with the #1 ranked gladiator and assign him/her to team A, then gladiator #2 is assigned to Team B, #3 to Team C and so on.

Questions I have for you are as follows:

1) Do you want to keep it as it is now where you do not fight your teammates or would you like to fight your teammates?
2) Do you want to keep gladiators from the same stable on the same teams? This may or may not be possible when trying to balance the teams.

If you have any other suggestions or feedback feel free to include it. If it is something that will take a lot of programming time understand it won't happen until after conquests. Thanks for your input!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Flash
10-28-2013, 08:51 AM
i would put the best and the worst gladiator in team A, then the 2. ranked gladiaor and the 2. worst gladiator in team B and so on. i think itīs fine that you can not fight your own teammates, but i wouldnīt put gladiators from the same stable in one team, maybe when it work with the system that i explain, i would put gladiators from the same stable in one group.

greetings from germany
flashhammer

Lunarion199
10-28-2013, 09:04 AM
- I would agree with Flash. Otherwise 1st, 6th, 11th, 16th, 21st glads in team A would on paper be much superior to the 5th, 10th,15th, 20th, 25th ones in team E.
- If one stable from a team goes inactive for some reason then with 'all glads from one stable in one team' approach that team may have to fight with only 8 glads which may further weaken the team.

Regards

Prinny
10-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Combine my 2 stables under blood god Laharl

oedi
10-28-2013, 09:41 AM
When the next season starts i expect to have 18-19 blood gods and I would love to have them all fight for 1 patron god. If thats not possible I would prefer that stables dont get split up between different patron gods.
That gladiators from 1 patron god dont fight each other seems resonable, and Ive learned to appreciate that its like that.
I still think its a good idea to just use the x top gladiators on each team for ranking purposes. X for next season could be 15, its 65 glads in blood gods right now and with some more recruits and maybe a few retirements my guess would be that we end up with about 75 blood gods when the next season starts. That would let young blood gods that get their promotion after the start of the new season would get some time to adjust before they take part in the actual team ranking.
Maybe that also would help when a team goes inactive, it has happened twice in this season both times with huge impact on the team score to the better.

When picking the teams i suggest that you make a ranking based on the last 100 or 150 fights(if possible :)), and then make a team ranking to seed teams to each patron god.

oedi
10-28-2013, 09:48 AM
that team may have to fight with only 8 glads which may further weaken the team.
It might not be good for the team but its a great deal for the individual gladiator as they will get a lot more fights, and as the rankings work now volume of wins beat a better w/l ratio :)

CaineDeSoulis
10-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Randomize each week? Not exactly very flavorful but its pretty effective. atleast until we get team captains and a seasonal draft

Apoca1ypse
10-28-2013, 06:13 PM
I am not too fussed at this stage. I think I'll be quite happy with there being 5 teams,

BTW I'm probably going to retire Sly and Jackie at the end of the season.

Dainoji
10-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Another option would be to add up all the ranking points at the end of the season divide it by the number of patron blood gods we'll have next season and then using a gladiator's ranking points as his cost build teams that way. There is already precedence for this style of draft as Warhammer does this when building an army, each unit is worth a certain amount of points and there is a cap for the army. So if you want one giant bad ass demon you can have him, but he'll use up a lot of your points and you will have to fill up the rest with smaller units. We could do the same thing here. Teams won't have the same number of gladiators on it, but that might not be that big of a deal. It is true that number of fights helps your ranking, but your w/l is just as important as well.

This method could also be a precursor to allowing us to create our own teams since the rules would be pretty simple and it would prevent hugely lopsided teams since a cap is in place.

CaineDeSoulis
10-29-2013, 12:22 AM
Another option would be to add up all the ranking points at the end of the season divide it by the number of patron blood gods we'll have next season and then using a gladiator's ranking points as his cost build teams that way. There is already precedence for this style of draft as Warhammer does this when building an army, each unit is worth a certain amount of points and there is a cap for the army. So if you want one giant bad ass demon you can have him, but he'll use up a lot of your points and you will have to fill up the rest with smaller units. We could do the same thing here. Teams won't have the same number of gladiators on it, but that might not be that big of a deal. It is true that number of fights helps your ranking, but your w/l is just as important as well.

This method could also be a precursor to allowing us to create our own teams since the rules would be pretty simple and it would prevent hugely lopsided teams since a cap is in place.

I <3 Warhammer 40k

Apoca1ypse
10-29-2013, 07:52 AM
Hmmm... I really should finish my FW Deathguard army....

Sotc
10-29-2013, 12:08 PM
1) Do you want to keep it as it is now where you do not fight your teammates or would you like to fight your teammates?
2) Do you want to keep gladiators from the same stable on the same teams? This may or may not be possible when trying to balance the teams.

I think not fighting your teammates/having the same stable on the same team really adds to the patron god/teamwork flavor. I don't really care if this is changed up in the coming season though.

Narol
10-29-2013, 04:36 PM
1 ) I prefer to fight teammates too as that makes the seasons rating more fair (as everyone will face the same exact opponents) and allows for more different fights

2) I prefer to have all the glads of a stable in the same team.... You don't really get emotionnally attached to a specific team if your glads are in different ones...

crow
10-29-2013, 06:01 PM
The thing I would love to see is an option to remove a glad from the blood gods at the end of the season. A glad getting slaughtered in the blood gods and watching a record going to shit and not being able to get them above retirement sucks.
Maybe have an option button to we're glads don't have to go to the blood gods bracket, even if they qualify. This would make the primus bracket very competitive as well.

Nate
10-29-2013, 07:48 PM
It has come to my attention that somehow this Season is 9 weeks long instead of 8. I am looking into moving the date up to Nov. 5th to be the end and the 6th to be the start of Season 5. I'll make another post soon with the final answer on this.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
10-29-2013, 07:51 PM
The thing I would love to see is an option to remove a glad from the blood gods at the end of the season. A glad getting slaughtered in the blood gods and watching a record going to shit and not being able to get them above retirement sucks.
Maybe have an option button to we're glads don't have to go to the blood gods bracket, even if they qualify. This would make the primus bracket very competitive as well.

I may change the requirements for retirement to allow any gladiator who has reached the Blood God's bracket to retire. Allowing players to hold gladiators back would be open for abuse unfortunately.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
10-29-2013, 08:54 PM
I may change the requirements for retirement to allow any gladiator who has reached the Blood God's bracket to retire. Allowing players to hold gladiators back would be open for abuse unfortunately.

I think this is a great idea :)

Alba Kebab
10-29-2013, 09:08 PM
It has come to my attention that somehow this Season is 9 weeks long instead of 8. I am looking into moving the date up to Nov. 5th to be the end and the 6th to be the start of Season 5. I'll make another post soon with the final answer on this.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-
Eeek! I was planning the BG points in advance based on the 2 more weeks timeline, now I dunno if I'll be the only one, but if it's shortened that might throw a spanner into the works for some.:eek:

Prinny
10-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Eeek! I was planning the BG points in advance based on the 2 more weeks timeline, now I dunno if I'll be the only one, but if it's shortened that might throw a spanner into the works for some.:eek:

Yup and boy am I glad that most glads have enough points next week for my stuff, wanted to take my time to try and find the correct items though....guess ill have to spam trophies to find stuff yet again :(

Apoca1ypse
10-29-2013, 10:26 PM

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

That would be a bit of a bummer as myself (and i'd imagine others) were basing a lot of things on that extra week of gaining rating/bgp's

Ahhnold and Willis would be just missing out on the rating points needed to be able to get legendary weapons :(

Narol
10-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Nate, please don't change the current season's ending date, I have made plans based on that and it would mess everything up badly... It's not fair to change the rules of a competition in the middle of it...

At the contrary, allowing all glads who have reached Blood Gods to retire for HoL would be a great positive change, people would be less scary of losing their potential HoL replacement if they join Blood Gods too early.

PS : I picked an avatar ! Happy ?

Ahhnold
10-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Ahhnold want extra week so Ahhnold can solve the riddle of steel.

Also, some gurly man tried to take photo, but Ahhnold was not impressed with him sneaking into room, so Ahhnold smash gurly man and claim photo for himself Sadly, camera was smashed too so only post workout picture was taken. Ahhnold was upset that Ahhnold had run out of weights.

Ahhnold now has fancy picture too.

Nate
11-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Ok, we'll let this season run 9 weeks, although there will be no team bonus for the 9th week.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Narol
11-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Thanks Nate !

What about changing the requirements for an HoL retirement, did you came to a decision about it ?

Flash
11-03-2013, 04:10 AM
serious nate. please stop changing season everytime when someone say something. i mean you change the patron teams and then you give us one more week. when you do something, do it to the end. when you want to change something when the season is over, it is fine.

Nate
11-03-2013, 04:24 AM
serious nate. please stop changing season everytime when someone say something. i mean you change the patron teams and then you give us one more week. when you do something, do it to the end. when you want to change something when the season is over, it is fine.

If you go back and re-read the thread you'll see I didn't do anything and left it as is. Nothing changed. As far as things changing in the future, that is always going to happen and will continue to happen as Pit of War is a living game and will evolve and flow over time. Sometimes it makes sense to wait a few months for a change and sometimes it doesn't.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
11-03-2013, 04:28 AM
What about changing the requirements for an HoL retirement, did you came to a decision about it ?

It might make its way into the game after conquests. Still not sure about it. If you currently have a gladiator in Blood Gods dragging ass and are considering selling him, you might want to go ahead and do so rather than wait as there isn't a time frame for this. It might happen, it might not. It isn't a priority right now.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Narol
11-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Ok Nate, so goodbye Kaspar your time has come as I proved myself unable to run a defensive war corrrectly ! Let's see now if I can still run a non-HoL glad with success !