PDA

View Full Version : Theatrics with blades

Ogrerulez
10-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Ok i wanted to ask what is best blade wep for offensive theatrics with blades?
Is it rapier or gladius?
And when using gladius do u use lunge or slash or myb bash?

Apoca1ypse
10-25-2013, 04:50 AM
Use one of each. Both are slashing weapons.

Narol
10-25-2013, 05:40 AM
Both are Lunging AND Slashing weapons, so depending of opponent it can be worth using one technic or the other...

Apoca1ypse
10-25-2013, 06:54 PM
hmm, never used them for lunging and have done just fine...

Then again, i've never had to test this kind of stuff much...

Arundir
10-31-2013, 12:41 AM
I am actually still trying to learn the details about the game mechanics, and as much as I thought I've improved since I first started, I never realized that the weapon "type" makes so much of a difference. I mean I was using the classic "RPG-mindset" when choosing my equipment: whatever has better damage and stats wins. Does it make that much of a difference what kind of blades you use?

Apoca1ypse
10-31-2013, 01:25 AM
depends on your build. i made a speed build so rapiers and gladius is quite nice, but lacks armor penetration. swings are softer too.

a bastard sword on another glad with more strength went well. slower swings but hit harder each time. made decent use of the strength.

Arundir
10-31-2013, 01:40 AM
Well, I've been on the game for almost 2 years I think, on and off, but I've been playing almost full time the whole 2013 after the update. Still I'm trying to figure things out, and I guess not being around the forums makes this whole process slower :P

I'm mostly going for speed as well, since it seems that being able to give a few hits on your opponent before he swings, no matter how hard his swings land, might cost him their weapon or knock them on the ground which can always turn the tables in your favor. I'm currently playing a theatrics glad with high agility and presence, so I'm going for almost full attack yet trying to hold some discipline in there as well. At the moment I have a rapier and a gladius but I would consider slashers etc as well. Not sure if I'm doing well or not, but even if it's quite early, he's coming up with some very encouraging results.

Still, the greatest challenge in my game for now is figuring out how strategies work best.

Narol
10-31-2013, 08:24 AM
Another thing that you can take into account : Lunge attacks give you a bonus against heavy armor, while slash attacks give a bonus against light armor (and bash, guess what, a bonus against medium armor).

Hope that help !