PDA

View Full Version : dead x7

CryBabyBedWetters
09-30-2013, 12:34 PM
I logged in this morning and one of my champs was dead, I had to ressurect her, while I used my arena tokens two of my characters died. I ressurected them, so that was 3 deaths in one day, later on just here recently I logged in again and four of my fighters were dead, that's seven deaths in one day. The hell am I doing wrong? Does this happen to anyone else? Now I dont wanna use my arena tokens since they have a penalty, however I'm sure they'll just die again tommorrow.

Also when putting skills in, when it says 24 percent chance to get the next point in and I use ten points and get one in, that's not 24 percent chance, that's 10 percent, like, wth.

riggen
09-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Lots and lots of dieing happens either due to bad luck, low presence or both I guess. The percentage thing is mostly and understanding issue on your part.

It works like this: Every point you assign has to roll a number between 0.1 and 100 (or such) if you have a 24% chance to upgrade the skill you need a roll lower than 24 to do so, However, you can roll 10 times and roll over 24 every single time, thus not getting the upgrade you wanted.

Lunarion199
09-30-2013, 07:18 PM
I feel the chances of death might perhaps have been increased of late. To counter that, the presence attribute of the glads may need to be largely increased using buffs.

As far as training the attributes is concerned, the glads at times may even get lucky when they have less than 10% chance to train next attribute while they train in three or four attributes out of ten. So just keep training them...

Dainoji
09-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Death is part of the game, it happens. Not using your fight tokens won't stop it and will only slow down your progress and gold accumulation. If you don't already have a level 2 undertaker buy one, it is maybe the best upgrade in the game.

The reason you are dying is because you are losing. Figure out how to win more and you will die less. Aside from that a high presence score can help you out as others have mentioned. You can also find gear with life protection on it that will help.

If you are losing a lot focus on your weapon skill. Train that up to 10 as fast as possible. As a rough guide set your activity level to be about the same level as your weapon skill but no lower than 5. If you are running out of energy lower it. As you learn more you'll find reasons to break the above rule but as a rough guide it should help. Also be sure you are using a fighting style that is compatible with your weapon. Don't try and bash with a dagger and don't lunge with an axe. Use common sense to figure out what fighting styles you should not be using with your weapon of choice. This advise only pertains to bash,lunge, slash and the parry-x styles. The other ones like berserk, tank, and counterstrike work with all weapons I believe.

Your question about probabilities has been answered in another post. http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?131-question

Alba Kebab
10-01-2013, 12:26 AM
My guess with the frequent deaths is that you have too horrible skills/strat setting, or your glads just have horribly low pres/luck, or a combination of all of the above.

Try the suggestions others have given above.

CryBabyBedWetters
10-01-2013, 11:27 AM
alright, you said rule of thumb keep activity level around weapon level, how about the bloodlust level? the same? Also i have a couple of gladiators that just got to the level where the option comes up saying, opponent is rage, or theatrical, or war, how should this change my fight strategy? and what kind of weapons would you use lunge for? does a great sword or a two handed axe count, or would those also be slash?

Alba Kebab
10-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Great sword slash, 2hand axe bash. Bash is hacking with the weight of the weapon, all heavy looking weapons bash.

lunge with spears, daggers and rapiers.