PDA

View Full Version : New Update 9/19/2013 Blood God Teams, New Stable Rankings & Race Rankings!

Nate
09-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Greetings Pit Masters!

I am pleased to announce that the Great Realm has received another update! Please see below for this weeks new additions:

* Blood God Teams! All gladiators in the Blood Gods bracket have been chosen to fight under the banner of a patron Blood God: Kagon-Zul, Drajaka-Zul and Tagro-Zul. Gladiators fighting for the same Blood God will no longer fight each other during the round robin and their cumulative record will go into determining the team's record and rating. The more fights a gladiator has means the more weight their record will have on the team's record. When a new gladiator is promoted from Primus if they already have a stablemate fighting in the Blood Gods bracket they will be assigned the same patron Blood God as their stablemate.

Each week the top team will be awarded with bonus Blood God Points (BGP) and each week the reward doubles. The first week of Season the reward is 25 BGP, the second week it increases to 50 BGP, and then 100 BGP and so on until the final week which awards 3200 bonus BGP for being the top team!

* New stable rankings! The formula on how to calculate stable rankings has been changed and new rankings established.

* The rankings page now tracks the top 10 gladiators of each race in every bracket! Ever wanted to know the baddest mofo Dunder in Primus is? Now you can!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Lunarion199
09-19-2013, 12:08 AM
The three-kingdoms-style of gameplay for Blood Gods certainly looks very promising... are the patrons going to give their teams any unique fighting-bonuses too?

Apoca1ypse
09-19-2013, 12:13 AM
all very interesting updates.

I assume that we are randomly assigned a god yeah? I'm hoping that i'm not lumped with either Amon of Arrrrrgh so that Bruce can finally stop being the bride's maid :P

EDIT: Poop, bride's maid it is...

riggen
09-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Now this sounds interesting! Do we have any background info on any of our sacred, beloved gods? :D

Dainoji
09-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Awesome sauce Nate! This adds another layer to the end game that I'm already enjoying. I'm with Lunarion, it might be cool if each god granted some sort of power to their chosen ones. Maybe something minor as to not make it OP.

crow
09-19-2013, 04:17 AM
Wool-hoooo!! My teams are ranked in the top 5 now. Also did y'all notice that one of Cyn's teams BA Gold was on there. Wonder if he is planning on coming back? Like the update Nate thanks! Party at my Villa tonight BYOB and I will supply the ladies!

Sotc
09-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Interesting update, we'll see how this plays out. @apoc, I think the teams are structured so that managers with multiple teams have them all under the same patron god (Ex. prinny's teams are together under red, oedi's are together under blue). The managers with only one stable are left under white team.

Its probably not a good idea to have different combat bonuses for each patron god since that might skew the results; some flavor or lore for each of the gods would be a very cool read.

Hopefully I find a good 5th glad in the slave market soon, its disadvantageous to the bg team to have an empty spot.

Apoca1ypse
09-19-2013, 07:41 AM
@sotc: yeah... but...but... No bueno for me :'(

Just lore would suffice. Also, I like to believe the following: The gods care not from whom the blood flows, only that it does.

Kreegan
09-19-2013, 07:51 AM
The gods care not from whom the blood flows, only that it does.Khorne'Zul?

Prinny
09-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Just lore would suffice. Also, I like to believe the following: The gods care not from whom the blood flows, only that it does.

I agree with that apoc, not battling everyone makes it less fun for me. It seems that I make up about 42% of the Tagro-Zul faction. Seems that Crown Clown, Mid Boss and Gurren Lagann pull down the ratings Amon, Belca and Yukimaru give to that faction. Maybe it's time to reinvent them abit :p

Ill give this a shot before saying that this sucks though as some of the glads I lost to are among the followers of the greatest and most powerfull blood god Tagro-Zul! But also a good chunk of the ones I won from (including my own glads that gave me both losses and wins against my own glads)

Also, #1 Stable! Now I check take that off my to-do list xD

Nate
09-19-2013, 11:09 AM
The three-kingdoms-style of gameplay for Blood Gods certainly looks very promising... are the patrons going to give their teams any unique fighting-bonuses too?

It's possible, something small maybe as to not unbalance things.

Now this sounds interesting! Do we have any background info on any of our sacred, beloved gods?

I'm a one man team ladies and gentlemen (albeit an awesome one if I do say so myself), but even I have limits...so you first get functionality, lore second. I have part of it finished but didn't want to delay the update. ;)

EDIT: Poop, bride's maid it is...
@sotc: yeah... but...but... No bueno for me :'(

You'll need to explain yourself a bit better here so I can better understand what you are unhappy about. Not sure why you think it matters what team you were placed on regarding being a Bride's maid or not. Just because a particular gladiator is on your team doesn't mean you can't finish with a better record and higher rating than them.

I agree with that apoc, not battling everyone makes it less fun for me. It seems that I make up about 42% of the Tagro-Zul faction. Seems that Crown Clown, Mid Boss and Gurren Lagann pull down the ratings Amon, Belca and Yukimaru give to that faction. Maybe it's time to reinvent them abit :p

Ill give this a shot before saying that this sucks though as some of the glads I lost to are among the followers of the greatest and most powerfull blood god Tagro-Zul! But also a good chunk of the ones I won from (including my own glads that gave me both losses and wins against my own glads)

Same as Apoc, you'll need to better explain your unhappiness so I can understand it. From what I can tell it sounds like you are unhappy because you will no longer fight you own gladiators which strikes me as odd. Everyone still fights 2/3 of the field and for most this change means you won't be fighting your own gladiators anymore which is something I thought you would be happy about. So there appears to be some sort of misunderstanding or disconnect as to what it is you would like and what it is I think you would like. I'm more than happy this season or next season to randomly assign gladiators to patron gods ignoring stable and player affiliations. I did it the way I did it because I though that is what you would like more. Later on down the road I may allow players to choose the patron Blood God of their choice, but for starters I felt this the best option.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Prinny
09-19-2013, 12:53 PM
I've always been in favour of fighitng your own glads aswell Nate. Can't get more accurate data from fights than that and it's a good way to see which glads are the "best" of my stable :p

Apoca1ypse
09-19-2013, 05:26 PM
You'll need to explain yourself a bit better here so I can better understand what you are unhappy about. Not sure why you think it matters what team you were placed on regarding being a Bride's maid or not. Just because a particular gladiator is on your team doesn't mean you can't finish with a better record and higher rating than them.

Always seem to have one gladiator beat me to the #1 spot for something, be it Blood Games or Season or whatever. This time around it'll mean I miss out on delicious extra BGP's. It's a different gladiator beating me to the #1 each time, but after a year or so of it it's a little frustrating. Oh well. I doubt Arrrrrghpirate is going to falter and let Bruce Iee take over #1 for our god, but I guess it may change.

Fun fact for those who dont know: Look up Australian golfer Greg Norman. His nickname was the Bride's Maid because he kept coming 2nd in the major events, but almost never won. Good news for him though is that 2nd place still won a bull load of money.

BTW: I'm not complaining about the update itself. It was a cool surprise :D I also like that people's stables were kept on the same sides :)

EDIT: I'm not missing out on anything I was before the update so Bruce Iee being #2 isnt really an issue. Just another thing to add to the list of "close, but no cigar" :P

Dainoji
09-19-2013, 07:18 PM
This time around it'll mean I miss out on delicious extra BGP's.

Apoc your team is in first place by a pretty good margin now. I interpreted Nate's post to mean that each gladiator on the top team gets the bonus BGPs. Is that right Nate? My team on the other hand has got its work cut out for them! Time to change their diet and let them know the whippings will continue until morale improves! :p

Sotc
09-19-2013, 07:34 PM
I thought the same too Dain; it is a BGP bonus for all members of a patron gods' teams not just one glad from what I understand.

Alba Kebab
09-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Tis my understanding as well, extra winning BGP goes to all under the same patron God, so 1/3 of BG will get it.

Lunarion199
09-19-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm a one man team ladies and gentlemen (albeit an awesome one) Yes we know ... :-)

you first get functionality That's what it should be.. Please take your time Nate. We are only trying whichever way we can contribute to make this game better and more meaningful.

The current blood gods update is indeed a value-added one as it now brings a team-goal. The game may expand well from there in the distant future. Maybe for example team-fights or conquer-the-world style gaming on conquest maps...

Regards

Apoca1ypse
09-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Apoc your team is in first place by a pretty good margin now. I interpreted Nate's post to mean that each gladiator on the top team gets the bonus BGPs. Is that right Nate? My team on the other hand has got its work cut out for them! Time to change their diet and let them know the whippings will continue until morale improves! :p

My bad. I read it as top gladiator for some reason...

Now I'd like to see the other 2 factions catch up then so we can make a nice close contest out of this :)

Prinny
09-21-2013, 03:25 AM
Now I'd like to see the other 2 factions catch up then so we can make a nice close contest out of this :)

Im already doing my best to catch up by attempting to increase my under 50% glads winrate so they won't drag the faction rating down apoc, now for the rest to try and do the same! :p
If you take a good look at the whole blood gods ranking it's quite easy to see that catching up will be rather hard...:p

Apoca1ypse
09-21-2013, 06:53 AM
yeah, 10 of the top 15 follow Drajaka-Zul. Evidently his followers are just more devoted than followers of the other, inferior gods. :P

Nate
09-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Like many gods, the Blood Gods can be fickle at times, this is one of them. I'm making changes to some gladiators' patron god to balance out the teams a little. The initial teams looked good on paper but not so much in reality. This is a one time thing for this season.

Sotc's and Feedusblood's gladiators have been transferred to Kagon-Zul
Pirate Booty and Trebecs gladiators have been transferred to Drajaka-Zul
Flashhammer's gladiators have been transferred to Tagro-Zul

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Alba Kebab
09-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Awww, no more Drajak-Zul super team. :p
More balanced teams is nice though, now I just gotta deal with meeting Sotc's pirates.

Apoca1ypse
09-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Awww, I wanted Drajaka-Zul hit 60% w/l...

Prinny
10-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Stop complaining apoc, Bruce finally stopped being the Bride's Maid :)

Apoca1ypse
10-01-2013, 01:57 AM
actually, he wasnt before. still isnt, but in the bad way :P

Narol
10-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Patron Teams are a fun addition to the game and probably the basis for great new additions to the gameplay & game lore in the future...

I Just wish you would still fight in Seasons the other gladiators worshipping the same Patron Gods than you, for 2 reasons :

1) Fairness : before the change, everyone was fighting exactly the same opponents in Seasons when now those who had the luck to fall in the strongest teams have weaker opponents overall which is disrupting the seasons final results in the end.

2) Variety : fighting always the same 60 gladiators was already kinda repetitive, with only 40 left to fight it's even worse !!!

That could easily be changed I think, you would just have to not take into account for the teams ratio those fights between 2 gladiators under the same patron god.

I also have a related suggestion that could be really cool : 5 vs 5 Patron Team Fights !

Each day 5 random glads from each patron team would fight 5 random glads of each other teams in 2 fights, in the way the team battles work in the gauntlet...

Those fights would be taken into account for the Patron rankings instead of the individual fights in Seasons, that would make the Patron rankings independant from the seasons mechanism and offer very different fights each day with more variety than the current free-for-all battles royale ! Anyone likes the idea ?

JerimyA5
10-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm a one man team ladies and gentlemen (albeit an awesome one if I do say so myself), but even I have limits...so you first get functionality, lore second. I have part of it finished but didn't want to delay the update. ;)

Maybe, with a bit of guidance, the players could give you a hand with the lore? If you give us a short outline of the direction you want for each of the three gods, and bit of time, I'll bet some of the players could come up with some very cool lore. And then you could mix and match parts from the ones you like rather than having to do it all yourself. Just a thought.

Stables: North Point & South Point

Apoca1ypse
10-13-2013, 07:28 PM
so uh... I dont think this ended up doing much. SOTC just pulls up whatever group he's on so hard. That's fine with me for the most part, but I'm not liking the reduced opponent pool.

Not sure what would be required to code it, but I would like it if you still fought everyone for your glads ranking, and only had the fights against glads from other gods count for the gods ranking. Simply not fighting your own stable too would be cool, but asking a bit much.

I'm surely not the only one who would like to face more than the same 20 glads over. I know that at least for my guys it's actually resulted in a tougher metagame because of how some hard matchups (for my glads) went to other gods while easy ones (for my glads) went to my team.

oedi
10-13-2013, 08:03 PM
we just had 5 glads go inactive from the feedusblood stable and their records pulled from the total, and to say it mildly it had a huge impact on the score. I think maybe a solution could be to just use the top 15(or any other number that makes sense) on each faction for the score.

face more than the same 20 glads over
Its more like the same 40 atm. This bracket will eventually fill up aswell, as all others have before, maybe a tad slower.

CaineDeSoulis
10-13-2013, 08:37 PM
well if everyone only had one stable we could all be our own team :P

Nate
10-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Next season we may move to 5 patron blood gods which will increase the pool of gladiators you fight to 50-60 and as Oedi mentioned will climb higher the more gladiators that reach the top bracket.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
10-14-2013, 01:02 AM
5 patron gods sounds good :)

Prinny
10-14-2013, 01:43 AM
we just had 5 glads go inactive from the feedusblood stable and their records pulled from the total, and to say it mildly it had a huge impact on the score. I think maybe a solution could be to just use the top 15(or any other number that makes sense) on each faction for the score.

Its more like the same 40 atm. This bracket will eventually fill up aswell, as all others have before, maybe a tad slower.

Ah so that's what happened, I was wondering wth happened as the winrate suddenly blasted up by 3% and the gap of points by 300 or so but no extensive extra fights :p

Narol
10-14-2013, 09:25 AM
I believe it's due to the retirement of the FeedUsBlood glads, and I feel that retired glads should still count in the week ratio or results will be tweaked...